Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Thronefast Marketplace

• 1019 posts
    November 21, 2017 7:05 PM PST

Are those stalls going to be able to be leased by players?

• 1281 posts
    November 21, 2017 7:31 PM PST

I'm hoping that there can be a mix of NPC and PC vendors in there.

• 249 posts
    November 21, 2017 9:46 PM PST
    I pictured that area bustling with folks auctioning a la ec tunnel but using the stalls...looked pretty awesome in my head. They did say not all stalls will be NPC's....
    • 454 posts
    November 21, 2017 10:17 PM PST

Thronefast looks huge!  The number of NPCs that will need to be in the marketplace and the city proper, will be a major challenge, if Thronefast is to look lived in.  The stream was amazing to see the scope, but it also shows how much programming there is to do.  What a challenge!  I know the team is up to it, but wow!  Also, I hope players can sell in those stalls.

• 316 posts
    November 21, 2017 10:36 PM PST

Indeed, and hopefully be able to showcase the items for sale! Could add several more rows of stalls around there for players.

• 35 posts
    November 22, 2017 2:49 AM PST
    The fact that all of them will not be occupied by NPC’s, as stated in the stream, might be a hint. I sure hope players can make use of them.
    • 34 posts
    November 22, 2017 5:03 AM PST
    I’m hoping it will be a mix of players and NPC vendors as well. I wonder if every city will have a market place, or if just a few will?
    • 644 posts
    November 22, 2017 5:36 AM PST

I loved the original EQ bazaar.

That's another aspect of living in this world.  We talk about hunting and killing and questing and even tradeskilling.

I *LOVED* being a merchant.  Seriously.  I loved being around hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of others, hawking my wares and making profit.

• 2886 posts
    November 22, 2017 5:44 AM PST

Avalon said: The fact that all of them will not be occupied by NPC’s, as stated in the stream, might be a hint. I sure hope players can make use of them.

He said not all of them would be managed by "vendors." It's a minor detail, but I think it's important. I think that is just to differentiate merchants from other types of NPCs, like quest NPCs or trainers. For example, one of the concept art pics showed a stall of the Thronefast Regulars, where people could sign up to become city guards. That would be staffed by some sort of NPC guard recruiter. Not really a vendor - just a different type of NPC.

It still could be that players will be able to staff some of their own. There's certainly a ton of stalls. But I don't see any real indication that will be the case yet.

• 1019 posts
    November 22, 2017 8:37 AM PST

I'm thinking it could be "leased" by players who then "hire" an NPC to stand at the stall and sell their wares.  The stall can hold X amout of goods and when those good sell out well then thats all it holds.  The owner of the stall still has to pay the NPC to stand there, but won't be making any profit.  

If at any time the player doesn't have enough gold on their account (bank or on player) to auto debit pay the vendor, then the vendor leaves.  If goods are still on the stall at that time, they are up for grabs.

Or, if a player just wants to rent a stall for a couple hours and stand there themselves, they can do that too.

Or guilds can rent the stalls to recruit members.

• 1303 posts
    November 22, 2017 9:53 AM PST

I love the idea of a market. I'm not a fan of searchable ones, especially if they also allow purchases from the search tool. 

• 35 posts
    November 22, 2017 10:30 AM PST

Bazgrim said:

Avalon said: The fact that all of them will not be occupied by NPC’s, as stated in the stream, might be a hint. I sure hope players can make use of them.

He said not all of them would be managed by "vendors." It's a minor detail, but I think it's important. I think that is just to differentiate merchants from other types of NPCs, like quest NPCs or trainers. For example, one of the concept art pics showed a stall of the Thronefast Regulars, where people could sign up to become city guards. That would be staffed by some sort of NPC guard recruiter. Not really a vendor - just a different type of NPC.

It still could be that players will be able to staff some of their own. There's certainly a ton of stalls. But I don't see any real indication that will be the case yet.

Party pooper!

On a more serious note, yes that’s true. I guess you hear what you want to hear sometimes. I still hope we can utilize them somehow.