Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Newborns and a MMO

• 769 posts
    November 21, 2017 9:56 AM PST

Your wife WANTS you to play? She says you BETTER play at least 2 hours?

Friend, holy crap, you got yourself a good catch there. Congratulations on the baby, AND on the good wife-loot drop. 

• 417 posts
    November 21, 2017 10:03 AM PST

Gorrax said:

Get the book/DVD "Happiest baby on the block" and learn to swaddle.  Some babies will take the swaddle some won't but the other 4 tips still work even if they wiggle out of the swaddle.  Also I would camp near where you want to grind some exp during nap time and save the longer quests/raids for the weekends.  Good luck!

Great advice that, this worked really well for my wife and I. Saved us a lot of headache and loss of sleep. Also, a big congratulations, definitely a huge change, though how one can never predict. For myself, having my daughter is the best thing that has ever happened to me. The release of Pantheon probably the 3rd behind my wife.

I also have to add, reading through this thread just solidifies for me what an awesome community is here. Great, thoughtful, kind advice all the way around. However much time we spend in game, it will be with an awesome group of folks.

This post was edited by Thorndeep at November 21, 2017 10:14 AM PST
    • 413 posts
    November 21, 2017 10:40 AM PST

I think a lot of poeple fall into that 2 hours a day to play catogory.  I am one of them.  I just want to find a nice casual guild that helps eachother guildmates and others. 

Central time zone here.

• 70 posts
    November 21, 2017 11:58 AM PST

There are lots of games that cater to casual game play.  I hope Pantheon can survive without being one of them.  I welcome casuals.  I just don't want them to try to change the game to be a fast leveling, get to end game sort of thing.  I want it to be an experience like EQ1 when it first came out.

• 3016 posts
    November 21, 2017 3:11 PM PST

Congrats to you and your wife on the forthcoming little one. :)  You might find your focus changing once that little darling arrives.  :)   

Cana

• 2138 posts
    November 21, 2017 3:45 PM PST

Ha! That made me remember a story. HAd a good group and the tank was awesome, the kind that was so good if you made a mistake or flubbed something he could bring it back together. Multiple pulls, the whole thing.

He had to break for a bit because he said his wife came by and gave him a soda, unbidden. (I thought that was nice for him to stop and take a moment to acknowledge the random small kindness), when he came back we all said nice things and then he replied "yeah, here rare drop is a beer" - LOL.

So newborns, I would say, are  ultra-rare loot!

• 413 posts
    November 21, 2017 3:52 PM PST

hackerssuck said:

I want it to be an experience like EQ1 when it first came out.

Exactly!  I want to be challenged every step of the way.  The time I will invest in playing will be 10-15 hours a week.  If it take me years to level up, that's fine.  Just as long as I enjoy playing with my friends.