Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

To Alt Or Not To Alt?

• 753 posts
    November 21, 2017 6:10 AM PST

To be sure - one thing I will do at the start is to lock down a few names just in case :) 

• 70 posts
    November 21, 2017 12:00 PM PST

I'm an altaholic.  I see another class and go oooo shiney, and away I go.  Or I get bored trying to find a group with my "main", and roll an alt to have something to do.  Alts will be a part of my Pantheon life, but I want to focus on a main.

• 3016 posts
    November 21, 2017 3:12 PM PST

Kilsin said:

At what point in your characters MMORPG life do you consider creating an alternate character (Alt), if at all? #PRF #communitymatters #altitis #alt-o-holic #MMORPG

Lots of alts..altoholic here,  I want to experience each starter zone ..and character race.  I'll be here in Pantheon a long, long time.  lol

Cana

• 28 posts
    December 2, 2017 2:28 AM PST

I make an Alt if my Main can't solo or do anything worthwhile (specifically earn XP or level up skills) while waiting for a group. If my main can solo and do something while waiting I'll not Alt until late game.

Worst thing I remember is if you or one of your regular friends plays a really soloable class.. they/you streak ahead in level as no time is wasted as you/they can always fill non group dead time with XP/Making Money etc.

So personally in Pantehon I know myself and friends are planning on having pure group only characters irrispective of soloability and then Alts we can level as we see fit... so were all Alting out of the box this time so to speak to ensure we all level together with our "mains". This is clearly for release... pre release we'll be "messing around" with many different classes to test... outside of testing trying multiple classes helps with stratergy.

• 4 posts
    December 2, 2017 8:09 AM PST

I love making alts, Ill be creating and deleting them from the moment I start the game onward. Ive got a buddy that I like to duo and run around with, but his hours are a little different than mine so I'll need at least one character to play when they arent around. A lot of MMO's focus really heavily on getting to max level and end game content as fast as possible, but I feel like that leaves out a huge portion of the game. I likely won't see all of the different areas as I level my first character, and alt's give me an opportunity to take a different path than I might have last time.