Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Pre-Alpha/Alpha Question

• 126 posts
    November 3, 2017 6:04 AM PDT

Not really a Pre-Alpha/Alpha question but all of the media has been shown in 4K so it's making me debate going out and buying a 4K monitor for the pre-alpha and eventual game. My PC can handle it I'm sure but wondering if I should bother doing it now and just wait til the game goes live. Will obviously be more polished then.

• 2138 posts
    November 3, 2017 7:50 AM PDT

Would a pre-alpha twitch be possible? I am thinking of something benign like, Cohh or even another DEV in character, doing a 15min Pre-alpha twitch of......fishing.

I think it could be an opportunity to educate the masses in a cool way what pre alpha testing really means, and possibly paving the way foir other game designers to save money by showing- through social media- how you can have a myriad of testers for free if they are fans.

I imagine Cohh starting the twitch, saying hi, and then 15min of quiet- just to the point of it almost being boring and then 2 minutes more while he tests fishing and a final mention of having to file a report and will be on for another 4 hours as he takes a sip fo coffee and then fades out.

I associate it with the idea of SpaceX thinking about putting together a video of all their rocket crashes, prior to their now status quo perfect landings on a floating platform at sea.

• 2752 posts
    November 3, 2017 9:45 AM PDT

Holywind said:

Not really a Pre-Alpha/Alpha question but all of the media has been shown in 4K so it's making me debate going out and buying a 4K monitor for the pre-alpha and eventual game. My PC can handle it I'm sure but wondering if I should bother doing it now and just wait til the game goes live. Will obviously be more polished then.

I'd wait till closer to live. Prices might drop or otherwise you will see much wider adoption of HDR in 2018. 

• 1281 posts
    November 3, 2017 6:28 PM PDT

Holywind said:

I bougth two 27" 4k monitoirs back in February.  They are insane.

• 2130 posts
    November 3, 2017 6:30 PM PDT

I'll be genuinely surprised if we can maintain 60 frames @ 4k in an MMO.