Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

I cannot wait!

• 70 posts
    October 29, 2017 7:51 PM PDT

I know you see this type thread a lot, and it's fine to go ahead and lock/delete mine, but I am so stoked for this game.  I'm playing Everquest now, sitting in South Ro (formerly the Oasis), and NO ONE will group for crocs.  Got a bunch of fools running around soloing, making 1/4 the xp they could be making.  I cannot wait for this game to get here.  I'm axiously awaiting alpha/beta test too.  I just wanna Pantheon!  I have been playing EQ1 since March of 1999, and it's nothing like it was. :-(

This post was edited by hackerssuck at October 29, 2017 7:53 PM PDT
    • 68 posts
    October 29, 2017 9:39 PM PDT

Online Role Playing Games taking the Multipliayer out of the MMO, is one of the biggest reasons I'm excited for this. Even as part of a raid guild, or active guild you barely even feel part of a community. People show up mostly just for raids, and when there is a raid the focus is on that. A few people run to the entrance to summon, while the rest sit in their base/town or whatever spamming 123 for summon.

I remember being super excited for the new dungeon feature in Legion, thinking it would actually bring to some level of community bonding - at least between guild-mates. How wrong I was, outside of a few people I already talked with regularly mostly no one was interested in coming along. At least not if it meant they had to contribute their own keystone. As a result I had to do a lot of group recruitment using the "cross server LFG tool", which you know means that you'll likely never talk to them again.

Very little of the interaction feels real or meaningful in modern MMO's. The people you see running around? Just ghosts. They might as well not be players it feels like.

• 1120 posts
    October 29, 2017 10:03 PM PDT

Menubrea said:

Online Role Playing Games taking the Multipliayer out of the MMO, is one of the biggest reasons I'm excited for this. Even as part of a raid guild, or active guild you barely even feel part of a community. People show up mostly just for raids, and when there is a raid the focus is on that. A few people run to the entrance to summon, while the rest sit in their base/town or whatever spamming 123 for summon.

I remember being super excited for the new dungeon feature in Legion, thinking it would actually bring to some level of community bonding - at least between guild-mates. How wrong I was, outside of a few people I already talked with regularly mostly no one was interested in coming along. At least not if it meant they had to contribute their own keystone. As a result I had to do a lot of group recruitment using the "cross server LFG tool", which you know means that you'll likely never talk to them again.

Very little of the interaction feels real or meaningful in modern MMO's. The people you see running around? Just ghosts. They might as well not be players it feels like.

I dont want to see a game that is completely reliant on grouping.  More so something that would require you to group if you want to be the best.  If i only have 45 mins to play one day, i dont wanna spend 30 of them LFG because i cant do anything by myself, you knwo what i mean.

• 68 posts
    October 29, 2017 10:49 PM PDT

Porygon said:

I dont want to see a game that is completely reliant on grouping.  More so something that would require you to group if you want to be the best.  If i only have 45 mins to play one day, i dont wanna spend 30 of them LFG because i cant do anything by myself, you knwo what i mean.

I hear ya.

Not everything you do in this game should require you to rely on others, but I think it's important to incentivize it, and also create systems to make it easy and effective to find others with similar interests as yourself. If you only have 45 minutes one day, the most natural option would likely be to find some nearby wildlife to grind. In my ideal world, the game would then have systems in place for you to easily find one or two others to join in on your little adventure - even if you could solo those bears by yourself - for better XP rates and company.

• 207 posts
    October 30, 2017 10:58 AM PDT

I can't wait either...I've tried so many mmos since I finally left ffxi around 4 years ago and I have yet to find a mmo where I felt there was a real community driving the game. Where people wanted to interact with one another. I have high hopes for this game!

• 613 posts
    October 30, 2017 12:31 PM PDT

I had forgotten about the so call group bonus advantage. I remember it working in the beginning, but they forgot the human element. There is a large number of people that won’t group up. Solo players have their reasons, but it is their choice. I am hoping with PRF that is not the case. Group dynamics should have a bonus but not toward exp or leveling just combat. Just my opinion there. I can’t remember if it was for the farmers or the demands to get better exp for grouping. I think it was a little of both but lets see how PRF takes the design.

Ox

• 7 posts
    October 31, 2017 10:59 AM PDT

I think Soloing should be an option that is viable but grouping should be the bread and butter of success.