Forums » News and Announcements

Get October's Newsletter while it's hot!!!

• 213 posts
    October 13, 2017 12:34 PM PDT

To the art team - JUST WOW! I love love love where you are going with halflings and you guys have completely captured my imagination! I cant wait to see more  IN GAME!  When do we get to see these guys?! I'm so terribly excited!!! =)

• 2138 posts
    October 13, 2017 3:14 PM PDT

I like the halfling look and I really like how the art is uniquely halfling, like nthe designs and banners. It reminds me a bit of a cross (mash-up?) between Native American and Celtic cultural vibes and one more, I can't put my finger on.

Hair braiding. I can see halflings being the best at hair braiding. People would come from all over to have their hair braided by halflings- OR- halfling braiding would only be allowed for loved ones, not strangers. Imagine the first Archai to have it's long white flowing hair braided by their Halfling-love!

This post was edited by Manouk at October 13, 2017 3:29 PM PDT
    • 189 posts
    October 13, 2017 3:35 PM PDT
    Wow! Fabulous update! I was on the fence for my chosen race but the Halflings are looking fantastic!
    • 2419 posts
    October 13, 2017 4:30 PM PDT

VR, that is stunning, simply amazing.  Well done to all of you!  What creativity!!

• 644 posts
    October 13, 2017 5:01 PM PDT

Loved this newsletter guys!

I'm an old school purist and you guys have completely and overwhelmingly drawn me in to your definition of a Terminus Halfling, without begrudging any of the changes.

The whole Lyone story arc is my absolute favorite of the lore.

Love all of this.  The only (minor) thing I'll hope for is maybe a way the Halflings can be very nature-defined but more vegetarian/vegan.  I'm not IRL btw, I'm just thinking maybe not ttoo much skins and bones? 

• 220 posts
    October 13, 2017 5:04 PM PDT

I am so happy to see the halfling beans being spilled!  Lost Boys? Nailed it!

• 1120 posts
    October 13, 2017 5:11 PM PDT
    Love the art regarding the halflings, I've never considered playing one until now!
    • 15 posts
    October 13, 2017 6:53 PM PDT

Bard news please :)

• 1120 posts
    October 13, 2017 6:54 PM PDT

Asya said:

I second this.   While I will never play a bard,  I want other people playing them!

• 15 posts
    October 13, 2017 7:25 PM PDT

Porygon said:

Asya said:

I second this.   While I will never play a bard,  I want other people playing them!

Back in the EQ day I could twist 5 songs non stop for 3-5hours of grinding. :)

• 399 posts
    October 13, 2017 7:53 PM PDT

That's crazy.... and swap instruments at the same time too?

• 1120 posts
    October 13, 2017 8:42 PM PDT

Asya said:

Porygon said:

Asya said:

Back in the EQ day I could twist 5 songs non stop for 3-5hours of grinding. :)

Good bards make the world go round

• 287 posts
    October 13, 2017 9:07 PM PDT
    The newsletters keep getting better. These are the details and behind the scenes info we all need. This race is very tempting to roll.
    • 76 posts
    October 14, 2017 6:44 AM PDT

To agree with other people you guys at VR are making it hard to choose a race. i was already torn between ogre/skar/archai now i have to add halfling to that.

you guys just want me to make 100 alts dont you?

• 1120 posts
    October 14, 2017 10:08 AM PDT

Akailo said:

To agree with other people you guys at VR are making it hard to choose a race. i was already torn between ogre/skar/archai now i have to add halfling to that.

As someone who has never made alts, and always been primarily a 1 character person, my decision is even more difficult!

• 1860 posts
    October 14, 2017 11:01 AM PDT

Porygon said:

Akailo said:

As someone who has never made alts, and always been primarily a 1 character person, my decision is even more difficult!

You're in luck.  The progeny system will allow you to play multiple races on your main character.

This post was edited by philo at October 14, 2017 11:01 AM PDT
    • 4 posts
    October 14, 2017 12:18 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Check out this month's newsletter and let us know what you think about the Halflings!

http://www.pantheonmmo.com/newsletter/2017_october_intro/

Love, love, this!! Thanks for a great letter and update!

• 21 posts
    October 14, 2017 3:51 PM PDT

Well, normally I don't play Halfling or Hobbit style races.... but this design I may very well create a Halfling Druid as an alt. Really love the look of them. This was a really nice an in-depth newsletter, thank you to everyone for taking the time to do this!

This post was edited by WyattEarp89 at October 14, 2017 3:51 PM PDT
    • 1120 posts
    October 14, 2017 5:19 PM PDT

WyattEarp89 said:

Well, normally I don't play Halfling or Hobbit style races.... but this design I may very well create a Halfling Druid as an alt. Really love the look of them. This was a really nice an in-depth newsletter, thank you to everyone for taking the time to do this!

I agree 100%.  I have never even considered playing a halfling until this game!

• 137 posts
    October 16, 2017 7:50 AM PDT
    Awesome newsletter, so far Halflings are my favorite race over all. I would like you to consider atleast a little toe hair please. As of right now they kinda fit into a mix of Kender(Dragonlance)/Woodelf, but a little bit of foot hair would rock =).
    • 107 posts
    October 16, 2017 8:47 AM PDT

Just wondering how many people will want the name Rufio with that look =P

• 2886 posts
    October 16, 2017 9:18 AM PDT

philo said:

Porygon said:

Akailo said:

You're in luck.  The progeny system will allow you to play multiple races on your main character.

I just need to point out that this is actually not true. Kilsin said "the basic Progeny principle is to just create a child/level 1 character of your max levelled character's race" (Source: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/2870/progeny-system/view/page/2 ;)

However, we still know almost no details regarding the progeny system yet as it is still being worked on and what we do know is always subject to change, so it's best to not make any assumptions at all until we get an official reveal.

This post was edited by Bazgrim at October 16, 2017 9:19 AM PDT
    • 173 posts
    October 16, 2017 10:33 AM PDT

Amazing work folks.  I love your idear of making the Halflings different, but not just for the sake of being different but for a reason.  Especially reasons that tie into their lore.  Kudos!!

• 1860 posts
    October 16, 2017 10:48 AM PDT

Bazgrim said:

philo said:

Porygon said:

Akailo said:

I just need to point out that this is actually not true. Kilsin said "the basic Progeny principle is to just create a child/level 1 character of your max levelled character's race" (Source: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/2870/progeny-system/view/page/2 ;)

Can you please copy and paste the quote Baz?  The link doesn't work for me.

You really will be limited to the race of the character of your previous play through?  That is news.  I hadn't heard that.

• 3016 posts
    October 16, 2017 10:48 AM PDT

Jazznblues said:

Now I need the Bard class......a Halfling Bard will have so many tales to tell (or tails to pull).

Don't be pulling my Dark Myr's tail..don't care how cute your halfling is :D

Cana