Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What is "Pantheon"

• 103 posts
    July 19, 2017 8:36 PM PDT

What is the word "Pantheon" in the title "Pantheon:Rise of the Fallen"? The world itself, as far as I understand, is not Pantheon but rather Terminus, so is Pantheon the lands in which your character lives in, or is Terminus actually the land that you play in and Pantheon is the name for the world itself? Or is Pantheon the true God of eveything, the one that brought all the races into Terminus? Hell, maybe a true explanation of why "Pantheon" is till being created, being implemented into the existing Lore and whatnot.

This has been on my mind for awhile, but never really got to asking it. I'm sure if I digged deeper into the Lore, than perhaps I could find the answer, or at least elimintate potential answers.

• 281 posts
    July 19, 2017 9:00 PM PDT

Define pantheon: the gods of a particular country or group of people.

Terminus is the crossing of various worlds and times and their gods.

• 1404 posts
    • 2130 posts
    July 19, 2017 10:56 PM PDT

" Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen takes place on the high-fantasy world of Terminus, a wildly diverse land formed from fragments of many different realms and times, bringing with them their unique civilizations and deities."

Literally the first sentence after clicking the LORE button at the top of this forum. Deities is the most relevant part with regards to the name.

• 511 posts
    July 20, 2017 12:19 AM PDT

Like Liav said Terminus is the land in which Pantheon takes place. The Title of the game Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen i feel means different things to different to different people. SAme with Everquest, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes. Yes we are all the fallen, but we are trying to rise, for some that is power, others it is knowledge, for others it is material positions. Whatever your "goal" in game is I hope you rise to the challenge and get to your goal!

• 103 posts
    July 20, 2017 10:14 AM PDT

Suppose I should've looked up what Pantheon meant on the internet first xD

• 168 posts
    July 20, 2017 5:05 PM PDT

I think it is VR saying they are the gods/rulers/heroes who create the realm of imagination-provoking games and they see that their ideals and creations have fallen to a lesser existance. Therefore, the game they are creating is the rise of the fallen generation of truly immersive and challenging gaming.

This post was edited by Kargen at July 20, 2017 5:06 PM PDT