Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Small level variation in Raid bosses that spawn?

This topic has been closed.
    • 200 posts
    May 18, 2017 12:27 PM PDT

At the fear of having Bazgrim-bot swat me with a link (because I committed the mortal sin of not searching 1st).

I was wondering if there was any discussion held regarding raid targets having a variation in level ranges that they spawn at also having the ability to level up on the amount of Tastey raiders that it consumes until it reaches the max level it is capable of spawning at?

This could be a little bit of different look at for calls to have "hard mode"  of NPCs, but if you allow the level of the NPC to determine loot, and/or cast different spells or abilities to beat different levels of spawns it could be a way to create some variation in raid content as well as having fun watching all the "ubers" mass murder themselves on the NPC to level it up so it is the most challenging and drops the "uberest lewts"

This post was edited by Warben at May 18, 2017 12:27 PM PDT
    • 3237 posts
    May 18, 2017 12:36 PM PDT
    I would rather not see any mechanic that incentivizes people to kill themselves to level up a mob. The penalty for death is supposed to be harsh, not rewarding in any way.
    • 200 posts
    May 18, 2017 12:41 PM PDT

oneADseven said: I would rather not see any mechanic that incentivizes people to kill themselves to level up a mob. The penalty for death is supposed to be harsh, not rewarding in any way.

That was more for a small degree of humor :D  However, I can see some raid leader calling for (to quote spaceballs)  "Keep firing @#Sholes" we want the uber stuff!  Also, the mechanic of leveling up could also add some humor to the age old jokes of wiping over and over while learning an event.

As for the serious part....having the NPC be different levels and cast different things could be a way to tier events easily and also offer guilds who attempt to lockdown a spawn on perma farm some incentive to not keep it locked down if it isn't at a specific level to drop what they are trying to farm.

• 422 posts
    May 18, 2017 12:47 PM PDT

oneADseven said: I would rather not see any mechanic that incentivizes people to kill themselves to level up a mob. The penalty for death is supposed to be harsh, not rewarding in any way.

This is for sure an issue. Also as guilds would have to fight the boss to figure out the mechanics and strats, they WILL die. If the boss changes tactics constantly and gains power rapidly during this learning phase, how will anyone ever learn the mechanics? 

I honestly would not like to see this type of system. Instead of changing a single boss' power and mechanics, I would like to see raid spawns randomly rotate. Where a list of specific bosses might spawn in a given dungeon. Maybe in the "Caves of Raiding" zone there could possibly spawn 1 out of 4 targets. They would all be on the same spawn clock and lockout timers and such, but the boss that spawns would be randomly selected. Each boss might vary in class, level, and abilities.

This might also give guilds at different levels of progression a fighting chance at raids. If a weaker boss spawns then maybe the top guilds wouldn't want to waste their time on it and getting locked out incase a better stronger boss spawned the next day. Allowing for smaller or newer guilds a better chance.

• 2886 posts
    May 18, 2017 12:56 PM PDT

Lol

*swat*

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/5637/mob-leveling-mechanic

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/2402/dynamic-mobs

Granted, these discussions are slightly different, but still the same concept :)

This post was edited by Bazgrim at May 18, 2017 1:41 PM PDT
    • 200 posts
    May 18, 2017 1:47 PM PDT

BBS (Bazgrim Bot Swat) is now an official acronym in the world of Pantheon

• 9115 posts
    May 18, 2017 11:19 PM PDT

Bazgrim said:

Lol

*swat*

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/5637/mob-leveling-mechanic

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/2402/dynamic-mobs

Granted, these discussions are slightly different, but still the same concept :)

Swat enforced, thanks Baz! :D

As per the links provided we already have several discussions on this topic, please feel free to join in on them as I will close this one now.