Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

• 16 posts
    May 15, 2017 2:33 PM PDT

Is tis a crazy idea . 

I would like it if we would have a dungeon where your goal would be escape from the dungeon not just killing the boss.

Whenever a group enter the dungeon they are start fighting to get to the boss , and they wipe . All the group members would spawn at the bottom of the dungeon in a prison cell.  Fun start now, you will have to fight your way out of the dungeon . Kill all the bosses get all the nice loot on the way out , only twist you can’t use the items till you exit the dungeon.

Individuals entering would either wait for a party who needs them or just die and get moved to the cells and wait  for a group .

If the party breaks up and ports out the loot would be gone .

Individuals who stays in the dungeon could form or join a party and not lose their loot.

Groups could cooperate for fighting their way out .

• 155 posts
    May 15, 2017 2:45 PM PDT

I know exactly whre you got that from  !

It is an interesting concept.

I'd make it so that the group dont wipe however but instead get trapped. then put in jail.

I hate script that wipe you but actually does not hehe.

This post was edited by Rendall at May 15, 2017 2:47 PM PDT
    • 521 posts
    May 15, 2017 4:25 PM PDT

I feel like Bethesda would be upset with this. :)

• 3852 posts
    May 16, 2017 3:37 AM PDT

If Bethesda used this they probably got it from from paper and pencil D&D or AD&D modules which got it from ...... One of the early LOTRO tutorials used a version of this so did an early Wizardry. Later I remember it in SWTOR. I doubt if we have to worry about Bethesda claiming they own it.

• 160 posts
    May 16, 2017 3:48 AM PDT

I'm pretty sure Bethesda didn't invent the concept of a prison break. hhehehe

They'd have to go take a look at a certain book by Alexandre Dumas.

• 999 posts
    May 16, 2017 5:21 AM PDT

And you respawn in the jail cell with just rags on? and you have to pick up a nearby bone for a club...

• 690 posts
    May 16, 2017 7:09 AM PDT

kopasz said:

Is tis a crazy idea . 

I would like it if we would have a dungeon where your goal would be escape from the dungeon not just killing the boss.

Whenever a group enter the dungeon they are start fighting to get to the boss , and they wipe . All the group members would spawn at the bottom of the dungeon in a prison cell.  Fun start now, you will have to fight your way out of the dungeon . Kill all the bosses get all the nice loot on the way out , only twist you can’t use the items till you exit the dungeon.

Individuals entering would either wait for a party who needs them or just die and get moved to the cells and wait  for a group .

If the party breaks up and ports out the loot would be gone .

Individuals who stays in the dungeon could form or join a party and not lose their loot.

Groups could cooperate for fighting their way out .

My favorite version of this was in dark souls where you fought an impossible boss who killed you, and you spawned in the jail cell and had to find your way out. Naturally the guard outside your cell was asleep. When you broke out of the prison in an unstealthy manner an alarm went up.

I like the dnd, and raiden's, idea of not having any of your gear too, might be fun. Especially if the temperature in the dungeon is slightly less than ideal. 

There's a post on these forums actually about whether there should be impossible bosses...now that I think about it this might be a good way to implement it.

This post was edited by BeaverBiscuit at May 16, 2017 7:12 AM PDT
    • 793 posts
    May 16, 2017 7:15 AM PDT

Problem I see is what if just 1 or 2 group memebrs die, are they trapped in the prison by themselves, now the rest of the group has to kill themselves to get to them and help them get out? 

I might do that for friends and guild members, but I'm might not be willing to take an XP hit for a PUG, especially if the PUG wasn't all that great. 

Now I did like the idea of a dungeon that was 1 way in, and another way out. So you had no choice but to fight your way through. Like the well in Befallen(EQ1), if you jumped in, you had to work your way back up and out.