Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Last name

• 73 posts
    May 14, 2017 5:43 PM PDT

Kilsin, thanks for your candor.  I don't want to see someone's account name in game.  Ever.  The BDO thing, and other games that show my 'gamer tag' essentially makes me shudder and my immersion melts.  As for shared last names - I'd also vote no there. 

To be constructive, what I WOULD like to see, more to the OPs actual point of "how do I ignore folks who've trolled me" or something.  I'd like to see a feature that alts of a blacklisted character are also blocked or suppressed in chat if I also blocked the main/other alt.  Obviously that'd be accidental in some cases if we couldn't tell who those alts were.

Edit: This is so low on my totem pole of priorities for this game, it barely registers.  This is more to help out the OP who I think is just trying to make a point about knowing who those arseholes are if I've already given them squinty eyes.

This post was edited by Zain60 at May 14, 2017 5:44 PM PDT
    • 633 posts
    May 14, 2017 5:45 PM PDT

Zain60 said:

Kilsin, thanks for your candor.  I don't want to see someone's account name in game.  Ever.  The BDO thing, and other games that show my 'gamer tag' essentially makes me shudder and my immersion melts.  As for shared last names - I'd also vote no there. 

To be constructive, what I WOULD like to see, more to the OPs actual point of "how do I ignore folks who've trolled me" or something.  I'd like to see a feature that alts of a blacklisted character are also blocked or suppressed in chat if I also blocked the main/other alt.  Obviously that'd be accidental in some cases if we couldn't tell who those alts were.

Edit: This is so low on my totem pole of priorities for this game, it barely registers.  This is more to help out the OP who I think is just trying to make a point about knowing who those arseholes are if I've already given them squinty eyes.

I agree with alts being automatically (but invisibly) included in ignore lists.  I never have put a person on ignore, but I have seen people who actually switch characters just to continue harassing or annoying someone.

• 753 posts
    May 16, 2017 9:09 AM PDT

I can see allowing for shared surnames - but not requiring.  Separate and distinct surnames allows a player to customize each individual avatar - but so does having a common surname.  Not just within an account, but between them.  For exmaple, if two characters get married in game, they might want the same surname.  That sort of thing.  The broadest, most inclusive version would to be to allow both, and force neither.

An example of a surname I would never want across all of my avatars:  I have a Gnome in EQ... his name is "Snoggin Beetlebutts"  - I named him that because:

A) "Snogging" is british slang for kissing (I'm not british, but I know that little bit of trivia)

B) The beetles in EQ are tall enough for a gnome to kiss their butts.

ALSO:  I for sure don't want my account name/gamer tag appearing in game...

This post was edited by Wandidar at May 16, 2017 9:13 AM PDT