Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

How would you deal with Molnea?

• 3016 posts
    February 16, 2017 8:19 AM PST

I would wait til the tank gains enough agro before I let loose with my wizzie nukes.  :)

• 668 posts
    February 16, 2017 8:25 AM PST

1. Proper clear of the area, from the stream vid, there are LOTs of mob density there. (Enchanter on alert for adds / respawns)

2. Cleric on the ready with cure poison / Bard - Druid throw up resist poison

3. Tank get a good head start with solid aggro

4. DPS unload their deeds

5. Tank keeps Molnea close to spawn point to reduce adds

6. Group is instructed to keep position, DON't wander around

7. Loot the fine riches from Molnea's corpse!!

• 2752 posts
    February 16, 2017 9:12 AM PST

Find a bard, give him a pungi, and charm the beast. 

• 7 posts
    February 16, 2017 10:48 AM PST

kellindil said:

vthorm said:

Make sure everyone in the party has extra thick shinguards... because as even the most novice adventurer can tell you... Snakes can deliver a positively thunderous kick.

~Hiwin

Riot if snakes can't kick in Pantheon....

I'll never forget the day, many years ago, I was introducing my cousin to Everquest.  He killed a snake in Feerrot, I believe, and it dropped a pair of cloth boots.  He was baffled, and I had some explaining to do.

• 97 posts
    February 16, 2017 11:42 AM PST

Pyye said:

1. Proper clear of the area, from the stream vid, there are LOTs of mob density there. (Enchanter on alert for adds / respawns)

Lol  more like

1.  Tank charges in without checking surroundings to prevent other groups from killing it. 

2.  Cleric/bards/druids scramble to get any resist cure to the hotbar before tank dies. 

3.  Tank positions mob to maximixe any aoe's on group and ignores calls to turn mob away. 

4.  DPS counts to 2 and unloads on mob with highest damage spells they have.

5.  Wizard gets agro and cleric wastes most of his mana trying to keep wiz alive, later dies to poison dot. 

6.  Tank regains agro and a slow fight insues since at least 1 dps is now dead and healers are low on mana.

7.  Loot the fine riches from Molnea's corpse!!

• 3016 posts
    February 16, 2017 11:54 AM PST

Gragorie said:

Pyye said:

Lol  more like

1.  Tank charges in without checking surroundings to prevent other groups from killing it. 

2.  Cleric/bards/druids scramble to get any resist cure to the hotbar before tank dies. 

3.  Tank positions mob to maximixe any aoe's on group and ignores calls to turn mob away. 

5.  Wizard gets agro and cleric wastes most of his mana trying to keep wiz alive, later dies to poison dot. 

6.  Tank regains agro and a slow fight insues since at least 1 dps is now dead and healers are low on mana.

A SMART wizard allows the tank the time to gain agro and keep the attention of the boss mob on him/herself.    After that its nuke til you run out of mana. :)

• 110 posts
    February 16, 2017 12:05 PM PST

Reht said:

I would check my friend's list to see if Samuel L. Jackson was online and invite him to the group, he is OP when it comes to snakes...

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

I take back what I said earlier. Reht won the internets for today. Y'all can go home now.

• 430 posts
    February 16, 2017 12:29 PM PST

Id group with Aradune n Kilsin then just let *Korbarjar* the wolf kill it :)

• 97 posts
    February 16, 2017 12:38 PM PST

CanadinaXegony said:

Gragorie said:

Pyye said:

Lol  more like

A SMART wizard allows the tank the time to gain agro and keep the attention of the boss mob on him/herself.    After that its nuke til you run out of mana. :)

A smart wizard would, but after playing EQ for the last year, there are more impatient ones then smart, to be nice.

• 65 posts
    February 16, 2017 12:43 PM PST
    I be charmin' the beastie with me dwarven Stonechanter, then usin' the scaley creature to kick the stones from the golem boss later in the stream.
    • 319 posts
    February 16, 2017 1:02 PM PST

Really??

The answer is so simple it makes me cry that nobody can figure it out.

First you need to solo him.

Run out the door.

kill the nearest ogre you can find.

Drag him back.

Cast inv on yourself.

Drag in dead ogre.

He eats ogre and dies a horribly painfull death.

Loot and repeat.

• 2886 posts
    February 16, 2017 1:15 PM PST

As Shucklighter pointed out, these are boas. Presumably constrictors? So no poison. Perhaps they will have a Constriction ability that immobilizes a party member, renders them almost useless and slowly suffocates them to death?

• 319 posts
    February 16, 2017 1:19 PM PST

Bazgrim said:

As Shucklighter pointed out, these are boas. Presumably constrictors? So no poison. Perhaps they will have a Constriction ability that immobilizes a party member, renders them almost useless and slowly suffocates them to death?

Boas constrict to kill then swallow dead prey whole. I was just saving him the energy used to kill the ogre

• 2886 posts
    February 16, 2017 1:21 PM PST

Isaya said:

Bazgrim said:

Boas constrict to kill then swallow dead prey whole. I was just saving him the energy used to kill the ogre

Tbh, I didn't read your strategy till just now. I was addressing the thread as a whole. But I like your technique :P

• 441 posts
    February 16, 2017 1:27 PM PST

My guess is cure poison would be important in this fight. Also interrupts. 

• 112 posts
    February 16, 2017 1:32 PM PST

Its simple ... feed the gnome to it :P.

• 2886 posts
    February 16, 2017 1:45 PM PST

Nanfoodle said:

My guess is cure poison would be important in this fight. Also interrupts. 

Not all snakes are poisonous ;)

• 2752 posts
    February 16, 2017 2:29 PM PST

It would be incredibly amazing if the boss was a constrictor that wrapped itself around a party member (tank or healer) and you had to blow cooldowns/DPS race it to save the member, while his life slowly drains in an unhealable state. Either for the last 5-10% of the bosses life or intermittently throughout the fight, releasing when enough damage has been done.

• 363 posts
    February 16, 2017 3:03 PM PST

Have evryone in the group wearing snakeskin boots, while the bard breaks out his snake charming flute.

BOOM!

Demoralized and hypnotized all at the same time...

• 37 posts
    February 16, 2017 3:27 PM PST

Kilsin said:

ariesel said:

*finger permanently raised over the "heal poison" key*

:)

That would be wise! :)

So there! :p

• 9115 posts
    February 16, 2017 3:58 PM PST

Hahaha, some great answers folks! :D

• 3016 posts
    February 16, 2017 5:33 PM PST

Gragorie said:

CanadinaXegony said:

Gragorie said:

Pyye said:

Lol  more like

A smart wizard would, but after playing EQ for the last year, there are more impatient ones then smart, to be nice.

Humm that's surprising for EQ...that's where I learned my wizardly ways.   Of course I haven't seen the gaming generation that came behind me in EQ. :)

• 97 posts
    February 16, 2017 5:43 PM PST

CanadinaXegony said:

Humm that's surprising for EQ...that's where I learned my wizardly ways.   Of course I haven't seen the gaming generation that came behind me in EQ. :)

To be fair it was on the TLP server where most people's goal seemed to be level as fast as humanly possible.  As long as no one died, all bets were off as far as whom had agro.  On the named people tended to behave a bit more though.

• 563 posts
    February 16, 2017 5:43 PM PST

I would bring a bunch of mice and a bard friend over to Molnea to charm him with their awesome bardic melodies, and then I'd tame it by feeding it lots of mice and talking to it. Then I'd have a cool giant snake pet!

• 97 posts
    February 16, 2017 5:56 PM PST

Rachael said:

I would bring a bunch of mice and a bard friend over to Molnea to charm him with their awesome bardic melodies, and then I'd tame it by feeding it lots of mice and talking to it. Then I'd have a cool giant snake pet!

Thats what my gf would want to.  She would want it as a pet.