Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

New Map of Terminus?

• 170 posts
    February 12, 2017 12:11 PM PST

I did a brief search and didn't see a thread on this but I am curious.

Will we be getting a new map showing all 9 starting areas? If you read the lore you can figure out who starts where and that 3 starting cities aren't shown. I am wondering since we are all craving anything we can get that may be in our near future there will be an updated map of Terminus?

And while I'm on the subject of asking you guys to assign Kilsin more work can we get a chart showing the good, evil and neutral races please?  Thanks VR 

Thanks!

VR you guys rock \m/

• 284 posts
    February 12, 2017 5:29 PM PST

I would imagine that the map will be more forthcoming once they have more zones fleshed out. It seems counterproductive in the development phase to make a map that is probably already obsolete. Expect that one will probably come out before or around Beta.

We can reasonably ascertain from existing lore that the Skar are "evil", with Ogres and Dark Myr maybe fitting that description (it's more complicated than "they're simply evil", but that's to be expected). Humans, Elves, Dwarves and the Archai are most likely "good" races, with Halflings probably (but not necessarily) fitting that description as well. The gnomes at this point seem like the closest thing to a true neutral, but their starting position (near the Dwarves and Archai on Whitethaw/Su'Roa) lends credence to the idea that they are good. I would imagine that these positions will remain unchanged, unlike the map, because the lore is more recently published and because the streams feature physiological traits that are consistent with the lore.

• 9115 posts
    February 12, 2017 9:53 PM PST

Jimmayus is correct, once we implement a few more zones, we will release an updated atlas (not map and there is a difference lol)

I have gone ahead and moved this to General Pantheon, as News and Announcements is strictly for VR staff only, I leave it open so you folks can reply to our announcements but no community members are to create posts in this section, please :)

• 2752 posts
    February 12, 2017 9:59 PM PST

What I wan't to know is if there will be a Pantheon/VR store? Not a shop for anything having to do with in-game stuff, but for swag. I reeeeeallllly want a Terminus cloth map to go with my EQ cloth map, but I don't have 1000 grand to drop. 

• 9115 posts
    February 12, 2017 10:11 PM PST

Iksar said:

What I wan't to know is if there will be a Pantheon/VR store? Not a shop for anything having to do with in-game stuff, but for swag. I reeeeeallllly want a Terminus cloth map to go with my EQ cloth map, but I don't have 1000 grand to drop. 

Possibly in the future but right now it is not a priority as we work hard towards getting a new stream out and preparing the game client for pre-alpha testing but I would like a map and some swag too so don't worry, it is on our radar, but only a far away blip at this stage. :)

• 2752 posts
    February 12, 2017 10:13 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Possibly in the future but right now it is not a priority as we work hard towards getting a new stream out and preparing the game client for pre-alpha testing but I would like a map and some swag too so don't worry, it is on our radar, but only a far away blip at this stage. :)

Everything we fans want is a far away blip at this stage. So that is to be expected ;)

• 157 posts
    February 12, 2017 10:24 PM PST

Kilsin said:

yesssssss, precious

• 9115 posts
    February 13, 2017 1:46 AM PST

Iksar said:

Kilsin said:

Everything we fans want is a far away blip at this stage. So that is to be expected ;)

Awww, well testing wasn't a blip but I guess I better make it one now to even it all up, we can't have something not being a blip now, can we! Equal rights for all blips! hahaha :D

• 483 posts
    February 13, 2017 3:41 AM PST

@Kilsin

Do you know how the in-game map will look like?

I saw some images of the earlier maps during the Kickstarter

I think these images fit the in-game representation of the map better.

The current world map is cool, but I thinks it’s too colourful to be the in-game one.

• 9115 posts
    February 13, 2017 4:51 AM PST

jpedrote said:

@Kilsin

Do you know how the in-game map will look like?

I saw some images of the earlier maps during the Kickstarter

I think these images fit the in-game representation of the map better.

The current world map is cool, but I thinks it’s too colourful to be the in-game one.

We won't actually have an in-game map, it will be an atlas (again, there is a difference!) and none of the Kickstarter information is accurate, we completely scrapped the game (for the most part) and started again from scratch after 1 year with the current team, so the best and most accurate information is what we release on this official site/forums.

Our current atlas will be updated to reflect change and extra areas once we implement them and reveal them, it may be a little while though as I explained about, it is not our focus just yet.

• 483 posts
    February 13, 2017 4:59 AM PST

Kilsin said:

We won't actually have an in-game map, it will be an atlas (again, there is a difference!) and none of the Kickstarter information is accurate, we completely scrapped the game (for the most part) and started again from scratch after 1 year with the current team, so the best and most accurate information is what we release on this official site/forums.

Our current atlas will be updated to reflect change and extra areas once we implement them and reveal them, it may be a little while though as I explained about, it is not our focus just yet.

Yes atlas, that’s what I was referring to when I said World map, I know you won’t show the exact positon of the character in the world or zone, just a rough estimate of where they are in the world.

I was asking about the art style, if the in game atlas will have the current art style, or a more “old parchment” type of art style, like the ones above. The current atlas looks good, but IMO it’s to colour to be the in game one.

• 9115 posts
    February 13, 2017 5:47 AM PST

jpedrote said:

Kilsin said:

Yes atlas, that’s what I was referring to when I said World map, I know you won’t show the exact positon of the character in the world or zone, just a rough estimate of where they are in the world.

I was asking about the art style, if the in game atlas will have the current art style, or a more “old parchment” type of art style, like the ones above. The current atlas looks good, but IMO it’s to colour to be the in game one.

I understand but I have to repeat it for others so it is clear ;)

We are not ready to reveal it yet so you will have to wait and see my friend, we will be using the current one probably into testing until we update it :)

• 483 posts
    February 13, 2017 5:50 AM PST

Kilsin said:

jpedrote said:

Kilsin said:

We are not ready to reveal it yet so you will have to wait and see my friend, we will be using the current one probably into testing until we update it :)

Awesome, thanks for the reply Kilsin <3

• 2886 posts
    February 13, 2017 5:56 AM PST

Iksar said:

1000 grand = $1,000,000 lol, you can get the cloth map for only $1,000! just sayin' :P anyway, nothing against you, but I'm kinda hoping the cloth map that comes with the VIP pledge tier is somehow unique. Either there's no map that can be bought in a swag shop later, or it's just noticeably different from the one that came with the pledge tier. I think it's really important that those pledge items are collector's items and can't just be bought by anyone later for a lot less money. That said, I would totally be down for some wearable VR/Pantheon swag! But as Kilsin said, I totally wouldn't expect that to come till well after launch. Those sorts of shops cost a lot of money to get up and running and they need to actually have a game. First things first.

• 2752 posts
    February 13, 2017 11:44 AM PST

Bazgrim said:

1000 grand = $1,000,000 lol, you can get the cloth map for only $1,000! just sayin' :P anyway, nothing against you, but I'm kinda hoping the cloth map that comes with the VIP pledge tier is somehow unique. Either there's no map that can be bought in a swag shop later, or it's just noticeably different from the one that came with the pledge tier. I think it's really important that those pledge items are collector's items and can't just be bought by anyone later for a lot less money. That said, I would totally be down for some wearable VR/Pantheon swag! But as Kilsin said, I totally wouldn't expect that to come till well after launch. Those sorts of shops cost a lot of money to get up and running and they need to actually have a game. First things first.

Looking at my bank account the two don't feel so different  ( ._.) ....even though it turns out it is a $500 dollar add on.

Eh, I think the in-game nameplate, digital lore and artbook (which I could see being available to others separate), and postcard from the team are unique enough. The only thing that seems intented to be limited is for those spending $3000+ in the "Limited Edition Framed Print."

I guess what I am saying is, I'd rather give VR my money to buy a cloth map than some random art company on the web to make a copy. 

• 9115 posts
    February 13, 2017 3:21 PM PST

jpedrote said:

Kilsin said:

jpedrote said:

Kilsin said:

Awesome, thanks for the reply Kilsin <3

You're very welcome my friend :)

• 1281 posts
    February 13, 2017 3:59 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Brad had reformed the team around June of 2014. Would it be safe to say the current version of the game has been in production since June 2015?

That also explains why the zones (like High Brace) that we watched Monty working on have disappeared into thin air.

This post was edited by bigdogchris at February 13, 2017 4:08 PM PST
    • 9115 posts
    February 13, 2017 5:04 PM PST

bigdogchris said:

Kilsin said:

Brad had reformed the team around June of 2014. Would it be safe to say the current version of the game has been in production since June 2015?

That also explains why the zones (like High Brace) that we watched Monty working on have disappeared into thin air.

They are roughly accurate timeframes, yes. We have revamped, remodelled, changed, removed and added many things, some of them have been re-revealed, some are still waiting to be and some are still being worked on, so I can't go into specifics, you folks will see as time goes on what we have changed, kept and removed ;)

• 134 posts
    February 13, 2017 6:52 PM PST

Kilsin said:

bigdogchris said:

Kilsin said:

They are roughly accurate timeframes, yes. We have revamped, remodelled, changed, removed and added many things, some of them have been re-revealed, some are still waiting to be and some are still being worked on, so I can't go into specifics, you folks will see as time goes on what we have changed, kept and removed ;)

Super excited to see an atlas. I don't want all the zones revealed until I see them in person.