Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Pantheons Size

• 170 posts
    January 21, 2017 2:03 PM PST

Hi, friends. I didn't see this anywhere. I wonder what size Terminus is compared to Classic EverQuest at launch. Such as size and number of zones. I look daily at the map because I can't wait to play and explore and it got me wondering. Because with no fast travel will it seem huge and be small or will it be huge and seem even grander than we thought? I personally am hoping for classic EQ or bigger.

• 1618 posts
    • 1434 posts
    January 22, 2017 3:38 AM PST

I believe the correct term to describe Terminus is YUGE.

• 2130 posts
    January 22, 2017 4:31 AM PST

Dullahan said:

But would you describe it as tremendous?

We have the best world sizes. The best. Nobody has better world sizes than me.

In all seriousness, yeah, Pantheon's gonna be pretty big.

• 78 posts
    January 22, 2017 5:48 AM PST

They've said zones will be huge (bigger than your average EQ zone). They've also revealed a map (which might change) showing two continents and some names of the possible zones that we're going to see. I was told, but can't confirm, there will be a third continent.

• 151 posts
    January 22, 2017 7:21 AM PST

Abacda said:

Hi, friends. I didn't see this anywhere. I wonder what size Terminus is compared to Classic EverQuest at launch. Such as size and number of zones. I look daily at the map because I can't wait to play and explore and it got me wondering. Because with no fast travel will it seem huge and be small or will it be huge and seem even grander than we thought? I personally am hoping for classic EQ or bigger.

Your use of Comic Sans hurts me :(

How do you measure stuff like game zone size anyways? Amount of time it takes the birds way in normal running speed?

• 1618 posts
    January 22, 2017 8:36 AM PST

Youmu said:

Abacda said:

Your use of Comic Sans hurts me :(

How do you measure stuff like game zone size anyways? Amount of time it takes the birds way in normal running speed?

Actually, most games are designed with certain measurements, such as square kilometers,  etc. They know how big the world is. I have seen a lot of games comost effective themselves to certain situations states.

• 839 posts
    January 22, 2017 2:26 PM PST

Liav said:

Dullahan said:

But would you describe it as tremendous?

We have the best world sizes. The best. Nobody has better world sizes than me.

In all seriousness, yeah, Pantheon's gonna be pretty big.

To sad to laugh at this any more :(

To OP .. Certainly looks like it is going to be massive and i'd say the zones we have seen are bigger than EQ ones! judging by looking in to the distance and what they mentioned in the stream at some point while looking into the distance from a lookout point in black dagger keep (from memory) was the mountains or castle or whatever it was you can see in the background is all in the same zone!  it seemed REALLY far away!

• 5 posts
    January 23, 2017 11:55 AM PST

I imagine it's going to be huge OP since most MMO game worlds are quite sizable nowadays. 

For a break down, Skyrims map was measured like this:

"Skyrim's heightmap is rectangular and uses 119 x 94 = 11186 in-game "cells". The engine uses the same cell size as in Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas - 57.6 metres (63 yards) to the side, 3317.76 m² (3 969 square yards) of area. The full map thus has an area of about 37.1 km² (14.3 square miles)."

Not sure the same could be applied to VR's maps but I'm sure if there are Zones, you could figure out the size of a avg zone and then do some number crunching to figure out the exact square milage of Terminus entirely.

**Just to clarify, I'm aware that Skyrim isn't an MMO but I was just using it as an example of how you could measure a in-game map**

This post was edited by Concenaros at January 23, 2017 11:58 AM PST
    • 3016 posts
    January 24, 2017 8:22 AM PST

H.U.M.O.N.G.U.S  yep gonna be big..bring your hiking boots.  :P