Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What race or class do you want to see?

• 36 posts
    January 12, 2017 4:41 PM PST

Alright, alright. Fun topic.

We all know the 9 races and 12 (13, with bard please) classes that will be here at launch... but we all have our favorite races and classes from other games, too... so...

What classes or races would you guys like to see make an appearance down the line? What race or class would you be excited to play if, one day, they annouced they were adding it to the game?

For the sake of not having a thread filled with "Bard" (because they already said it was going to be a thing at some point), try to hold yourself back from just saying bard, lol.

For me...

• For races: I've personally have always been a fan of 'monsterious races' when it comes to PnP. Kobolds, Lizardfolk and Kenku (birdman lite) have always been some of my favorite in design from Dungeons and Dragons. I'm probably going to play either a Skar or Dark Myr (does anyone else get a Drow vibe from these guys!?) on launch because of that.
    • For classes: I've always loved the design of Blue Mages from Final Fantasy. Blue Mages are basically one of the hardest classes to set up in the series, but they are eventually allowed to learn and execute verious powerful moves normally only monsters can use, and these moves are normally bundled with unique mechanics only found through those moves. Similarly Alchemists and Time Magesare designs I love and see a lot of in single player, but never in MMOs or multiplayer games in general. I've personally going to play a Summoner, Druid or Enchanter because I love utility.

This post was edited by Coda at January 12, 2017 4:46 PM PST
    • 6 posts
    January 12, 2017 5:45 PM PST

My over all top race, is a race I never wanted to play in the first place, The Raki.  I hated the idea of the Raki till they announced them as a small race.  Then it was my number one race to play, I love the lore behind the Raki.  The fact they befrended my favorite race, at the time, the Wood Elves made them all the cooler.

As for the class over all my number one choice would be the Disciple, I loved being able to heal and not be completly usless if I wasn't the main the healer.

• 32 posts
    January 12, 2017 5:59 PM PST

I liked EQ barbarians for racial personality, although I didn't play one very long.

For classes: a caster with utility like levitate, feather fall, minor buffs, maybe damage shields, maybe conjurable items/weapons.  Pretty sure we'll get something like this by the early descriptions available.

• 97 posts
    January 12, 2017 7:09 PM PST

Love to see blood mage, by far the most interesting class I have ever payed.  I probably ate myself to death about a hundred times.  I need my QJ fix. 

• 284 posts
    January 12, 2017 8:21 PM PST

Seconding, thirding and fourthing OP's job suggestions. When I go running I like to imagine what a battle chemist, time mage, blue mage, and many others would look like in other games. I think blu is too iconic to be copied, but a battle healer or a supporty time mage? Why not!

Hoping the summoner of this game is like an idealized FF summoner / EQ hybrid: powerful aoe buffs and cc abilities at the cost of massive amounts of mana, with detailed summons that aren't just "air elemental" or "water sprite".

Personally I would love to see a lightly armored tank, like a duelist. Riftstalker is the most fun tank I've played in any game ever, so think something a bit like that.

• 308 posts
    January 12, 2017 8:28 PM PST

I liked the blood mage in VG, but i would love to see something like a Heretic from DAoC.

• 432 posts
    January 12, 2017 8:45 PM PST

Hello forums,

This is a great topic. My husband wanted to go first with this.

His favorite race is the 'fae' race seen below.

As for what he would like as a class, He likes the idea of 'time mage' which Coda said above. But mostly he wants a healer class that has a pet and the pet can also join in and heal as well.

As for me, Dwarf will always be my favorite race. But as for class. Something like a paladin or deathknight but instead of the usual light or dark focus go for a shamanistic feel. So a tank that uses monk spirit or chakra, controls the elements and has a shield.

-Todd

• 169 posts
    January 12, 2017 9:06 PM PST
    For my wife and I we fall in love with barbarians...a large good race that kicks serious tooshy....
    As for classes I would have to say alchemist...I loved how versatile they were in eqoa
    • 2130 posts
    January 12, 2017 9:06 PM PST

Ratonga and Iksar, the only two races from any game ever that actually matter.

This post was edited by Liav at January 12, 2017 9:06 PM PST
    • 170 posts
    January 13, 2017 8:41 AM PST

For Races: I would love to see Trolls I played a troll shaman and beastlord, Othmir for another seafarer race like the Dark Myr, Sarnak I made a sarnak bruiser in EQ2, Giant or Half-Giant watching them have to crouch or duck to get places would be fun, kind of the opposite of the small races having to levitate or jump/climb things normal sized races don't. and lastly a Djinn for something off the wall.

For Classes: I would love love love to see Beastlord with the same half monk half shaman gameplay style, Of course Bard we all want a bard, a Thief I played one in Shadowbane and when you are stealing off someone you appeared for 1 second so it made not being noticed tricky and certain classes could spot you, this would be cool if it flagged you for PvP with the person and their group so if they spotted and attacked the could loot you. A long shot but a thought. And a Psionic which would be similar to Vanguards.

Honestly I would love to have any of these but they can all be in the 1st or 2nd expansion or later because I am happy with the current state of the game and just want to get into my alpha.

• 610 posts
    January 13, 2017 8:44 AM PST

i want a canine based race...gnolls or the sort. Every game ever gives us Cat people but hardly ever do we get playable Dog people.

And absolutely never ever any stupid Frog race...damn I hate Frogloks

• 1434 posts
    January 13, 2017 8:46 AM PST

Barbarians could be a good addition when an expansion opens up that frosty north we see on the map. I like traditional fantasy races, but I think it would be neat to see a Pantheon twist on them like their take on gnomes.

• 1778 posts
    January 13, 2017 9:48 AM PST
    Goblins or a Fox race only extremely feral looking. Not the hot anime girls with ears and a tail variety.

Bards!!!!! OK right something not Bard. FFXIs Corsair. Pirate themed group buffer similar to Bard in function with a unique gambling RNG mechanic to roll for buffing stats. Very fun class. Though min maxers might not be fans >.>
    • 36 posts
    January 13, 2017 11:59 AM PST

Sevens said:

i want a canine based race...gnolls or the sort. Every game ever gives us Cat people but hardly ever do we get playable Dog people.

And absolutely never ever any stupid Frog race...damn I hate Frogloks

Gnolls are up there as one of my favorite races, and I agree, less anime cat people.

As a fun fact, I've only played EQ for few hours and Froglok was the race I played the most next to Iskar.

Amsai said: Goblins or a Fox race only extremely feral looking. Not the hot anime girls with ears and a tail variety. Bards!!!!! OK right something not Bard. FFXIs Corsair. Pirate themed group buffer similar to Bard in function with a unique gambling RNG mechanic to roll for buffing stats. Very fun class. Though min maxers might not be fans >.>

Corsairs combined with a sea-based expansion sounds amazing.

I've always been a fan of a well done 'roll for buffs' ability or class. Roll 2 d6s, each number on the d6 has a different buff and if you roll the same number twice, you get an even bigger bonus! I would play this kind of class in a heartbeat for the novelty and fun as long as it's not totally dependent on RNG.

• 363 posts
    January 13, 2017 12:20 PM PST

I love the Ratonga from EQ2 and would love even more for them to be in Pantheon! :D

• 137 posts
    January 13, 2017 12:27 PM PST

Troll, Iskar and a Gnome with skin

Necromancer

• 13 posts
    January 13, 2017 12:48 PM PST
    Goblin or a similar "evil /bad" race.
    The only evil / bad race in the current state are ogres. And for me they are too big.

A cloth healer ala bloodmage.
    • 363 posts
    January 13, 2017 1:31 PM PST

tyirian said: Goblin or a similar "evil /bad" race. The only evil / bad race in the current state are ogres. And for me they are too big. A cloth healer ala bloodmage.

I think the Archai and Skar could also be evil races. And I would even venture to say that Dark Myr and Gnomes could be evil as well in this rendition.

• 118 posts
    January 13, 2017 1:53 PM PST

Barbarians! and for class I would just love a dual weilding melee DPS with a pet that has spell like abilities. like a combat druid or beastmastery ranger.

• 610 posts
    January 13, 2017 2:58 PM PST

NEXTLEVL said:

tyirian said: Goblin or a similar "evil /bad" race. The only evil / bad race in the current state are ogres. And for me they are too big. A cloth healer ala bloodmage.

I think the Archai and Skar could also be evil races. And I would even venture to say that Dark Myr and Gnomes could be evil as well in this rendition.

Skar Ogres and Myr are the evil races

Gnomes Archai and Human are neutral

Dwarves Elfs and Halflings are good

IIRC :)

This post was edited by Sevens at January 13, 2017 2:59 PM PST
    • 38 posts
    January 13, 2017 3:01 PM PST

My heart lies with the Druid.  I loved my EQ Druid and EQ2 Fury.  I also really like martial arts style fighters like a Monk or Bruiser.  Can't wait to see what Pantheon's versions of those classes are like.  Outside of those, I'd love to see a Beastlord with some kind of pet options available.  

As far as races, I prefer more humanoid species but to each his own.

• 1778 posts
    January 13, 2017 4:55 PM PST

Coda said:

Corsairs combined with a sea-based expansion sounds amazing.

I've always been a fan of a well done 'roll for buffs' ability or class. Roll 2 d6s, each number on the d6 has a different buff and if you roll the same number twice, you get an even bigger bonus! I would play this kind of class in a heartbeat for the novelty and fun as long as it's not totally dependent on RNG.

Yes it was a very fun class. And no it wasnt totally RNG dependent. Through gear, abilities and skill you could mostly overcome it. Not perfectly mind you but mostly(have to think on your feet a bit to know if you should quit while you are ahead or double down or use an ability to pull you out of a bad luck roll).

• 521 posts
    January 13, 2017 6:07 PM PST

Off the top of my head id say I DON'T want to see anything like the chua in wildstar, that “cute” crap makes me feel like vomiting, as far as the classes I wouldn't mind seeing something like a Beastmaster, and I don't mean a class that handles wolves or birds, I mean something more like what the creature handles was in SWG, Big massive frighting monsters :)

• 284 posts
    January 13, 2017 6:13 PM PST

Agree with Amsai, Corsair was sick af. Nothing would please me more than to see Pantheon devs blend the classic EQ classes they have now with the lexicon of classes from the final fantasy series. I would literally die of happiness to see someone finally make Chemist a healer, or Time Mage (perhaps Chronomancer?) a true support. 

• 3016 posts
    January 13, 2017 6:16 PM PST

I would like to play a race related to Wyvern perhaps. :) Or even a Medusa,  or Hydra. :)