Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

equipment expertise

• 97 posts
    January 12, 2017 11:32 AM PST

Will there be anything like this in Pantheon?  In VG, I thought it was a fun feature that made balancing the gear your character had almost a game in itself.  It was scrapped when APW and raiding started for ease and simplification, but will there be something like that here? 

Basically all gear had a point value that was modified by your level.  If you were level 10 and wanted a level 20 bow, it would cost alot of points and you would have less to spend on your other equipment. 

• 151 posts
    January 12, 2017 1:04 PM PST

I also loved this system. I think it got dropped sometime in beta 3 if I remember right. It really added another level of strategy to the game. Should I use that sword that dropped from a mob 15 levels higher than I am? If I do I have to unequip either my boots or a ring.... or do I use the gear I actually earn as I play or is from things at least in my level range and be able to wear a full set. You have the freedon to do either but there are drawbacks to each one. The higher level stuff might have procs that you cant get at your level any other way, but the correct level stuff will give you better overall stats.

The folks that like to twink out their alts will never go for it though. 

I hate any mechanic that makes a game alt friendly, but thats me. Having somthing like this would go a long way to making character twinking less viable and might even help to reduce gold selling and higher level charcters camping lower level mobs for gear.

But a bigger group of people want to be able to twink out their 7 other alts with raid loot from their mains, so I don't see this happening.

• 610 posts
    January 12, 2017 1:07 PM PST

No thank you

sounds horrid

• 2886 posts
    January 12, 2017 1:11 PM PST

Gragorie said:

Will there be anything like this in Pantheon? 

Basically the answer is no. Gear will not be assigned a "level" per se (except in rare cases, like epic weapons). Gear that is far too powerful for the person equipping it will automatically have its stats scaled down to be more appropriate. (like recommended levels in EQ)

• 1281 posts
    January 13, 2017 12:29 PM PST

I wouldn't mind seeing something like more specific armor skills, say heavy armor, medium armor, light armor skill rather than just a basic defense skill.

This post was edited by bigdogchris at January 13, 2017 12:30 PM PST