Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Only 4 hours left to vote, help us bring it home!

• 9115 posts
    January 10, 2017 4:33 AM PST

Only 4 hours left to vote for Pantheon in the MMORPG.com Player's Choice Awards 2016! It is a close one but so far we are just ahead, let's bring it home! http://bit.ly/2iFweQh

• 2138 posts
    January 10, 2017 6:05 AM PST

*check*......25.7% A/O 9:15am In the lead.

• 9115 posts
    January 10, 2017 6:28 AM PST

Manouk said:

*check*......25.7% A/O 9:15am In the lead.

It is so close, we lead by 2.5% with 2.5 hours to go now! Hopefully, that will be enough to secure us the victory! :D

• 172 posts
    January 10, 2017 6:33 AM PST

so glad to see the support pantheon is getting amongst all these other great games in developement! it really shows promise in what you all are trying to achieve and bring back to the genre with this game! i love it!

• 1778 posts
    January 10, 2017 6:43 AM PST

Go Go Team Pantheon!

• 9115 posts
    January 10, 2017 7:15 AM PST

Aayden said:

so glad to see the support pantheon is getting amongst all these other great games in developement! it really shows promise in what you all are trying to achieve and bring back to the genre with this game! i love it!

It really is great to see man! A lot of people talk Pantheon down due to our rough start but a lot of them want us to succeed and this is a good demonstration of that :)

• 144 posts
    January 10, 2017 8:25 AM PST

26.2% atm

This is the game I have waited for since the decline of "that other MMO" and in the back of my mind I honestly never thought I would see it happen...   until Pantheon

Long live Pantheon!

• 470 posts
    January 10, 2017 8:29 AM PST

Portalgun said:

26.2% atm

This is the game I have waited for since the decline of "that other MMO" and in the back of my mind I honestly never thought I would see it happen...   until Pantheon

Long live Pantheon!

Dead lock at 25.7 atm. Quite a jump in those last few seconds.

Edit: And now Pantheon is losing 25.5 - 26.5.

This post was edited by Kratuk at January 10, 2017 8:33 AM PST
    • 40 posts
    January 10, 2017 8:32 AM PST

MU Just pulled ahead!  Winning by .4%  A highly convenient rush of support minutes before polls close >.>  Get out and vote if you have not done so!

• 470 posts
    January 10, 2017 8:36 AM PST

Justin5574 said:

MU Just pulled ahead!  Winning by .4%  A highly convenient rush of support minutes before polls close >.>  Get out and vote if you have not done so!

Yeah Mu jumped up about 5 points right near the end. It'll be a close finish regardless.

This post was edited by Kratuk at January 10, 2017 8:44 AM PST
    • 40 posts
    January 10, 2017 8:45 AM PST

Kratuk said:

Justin5574 said:

Yeah Mu jumped up about 3 points in about 5m right near the end. It'll be a close finish regardless.

It will.  It's obvious multiple account generations are likely occuring.  I saw the appeal of MU, but based on the style of the game.. I predict to be fun and playable for maybe 20 hours?  Until you're left grinding the same dungeon 100,000 times for a ton of items you'll have to throw away.  It feels like Diablo 3 and every game like it.  It's pretty and action packed but generally not fulfilling long term. :/

• 138 posts
    January 10, 2017 8:51 AM PST

Looks like they have it. Strange, considering they have a total of 2 threads on their mmorpg forum. The optimist in me thinks about how many people that are into mmorpgs that just don't visit mmorpg.com, but the pessimist in me wonders if there maybe something fishy going on here. I’m hoping time will tell. Although I did see that they have just south of 64k people on their Facebook page, so there is potential for a legitimate run. I would like to the see the voter counts per game now that the polls are closed.

Edit: I was just thinking - The higher number of people voting on a game make it harder for the percentage point numbers to move, even my a single point, so moving 5 or 6 percentage points higher, just today, seems crazy.

This post was edited by Katalyzt at January 10, 2017 8:58 AM PST
    • 40 posts
    January 10, 2017 8:54 AM PST

Katalyzt said:

Looks like they have it. Strange, considering they have a total of 2 threads on their mmorpg forum. The optimist in me thinks about how many people that are into mmorpgs that just don't visit mmorpg.com, but the pessimist in me wonders if there maybe something fishy going on here. I’m hoping time will tell. Although I did see that they have just south of 64k people on their Facebook page, so there is potential for a legitimate run. I would like the see the voter counts per game now that the polls are closed.

Agreed!

• 138 posts
    January 10, 2017 9:09 AM PST

Their last facebook post asking for support has 920+ "likes", so I'm starting to think their Facebook community just answered the call when asked. If so, bravo for them. Either way, Pantheon had a good showing from the commuity. 

Edit: Wow, I just read through their Facebook comments and it's mostly people pissed off at the devs. The rabbit hole keeps getting deeper the more I look into that game. I have no clue what the real story is at this point. 

This post was edited by Katalyzt at January 10, 2017 9:19 AM PST
    • 318 posts
    January 10, 2017 9:11 AM PST
    Just an FYI, we will be scrubbing the data manually at the end of the poll to make sure no cheating occurred. If it did, and that cheater was the winner, the next-in-line who did not cheat will win the award. @Meddle will be doing the scrubbing himself.

Quote from Bill Murphy on MMORPG.com. So not to worry, if any cheating did occur they will sort it out.
    • 134 posts
    January 10, 2017 10:25 AM PST

I was a tad late to vote. :(

• 99 posts
    January 10, 2017 12:51 PM PST
    I feel like they got robots past the human test cause it shot up quick last minute
    • 159 posts
    January 10, 2017 1:21 PM PST

Lol as legit as the speed all the give away codes disappear

• 89 posts
    January 10, 2017 1:37 PM PST

Xilshale said:

Lol as legit as the speed all the give away codes disappear

And NES Classics

• 1921 posts
    January 10, 2017 1:57 PM PST

Justin5574 said:

They should remove all votes from the same IP with accounts less than 1 minute old.

As has been pointed out, the only throttle to account creation (and thus votes) is email addresses.  If you create a new email domain and it's not blocked, you win the contest.

I hate contests like this because there are so many ways to game the system.  But at least Pantheon made a respectable showing until the bots/scripts showed up.

• 131 posts
    January 10, 2017 2:52 PM PST

vjek said:

Justin5574 said:

They should remove all votes from the same IP with accounts less than 1 minute old.

As has been pointed out, the only throttle to account creation (and thus votes) is email addresses.  If you create a new email domain and it's not blocked, you win the contest.

I hate contests like this because there are so many ways to game the system.  But at least Pantheon made a respectable showing until the bots/scripts showed up.

Mixed feelings on this, as my daughter and I both voted from my machine, and my son voted from his pc as well.  I see all three of these votes as legitimate though, since all 3 of us will legitimately play the game after release and really are looking forward to it!  I do see your point though, and I bet that if they do go that route, Pantheon will come out the winner regardless of any duplicate votes from the same IP.  I'm betting that the results as they stood before MU started climbing were probrably pretty acurate, with Pantheon in the lead.

• 801 posts
    January 10, 2017 3:09 PM PST

MMorpg i use as a guideline, the community is so toxic. I refused to ever become a member.

I refused to become a member after i saw the people did not monitor what was being said in OOC. Sometimes the stuff being said is so bad, and false it makes you think about the moderation over there.

After i saw one person going off in OOC, going off about jews and ww2 etc.. it was bad the topic and stayed alive for a long time, i wont sponsor a site like this. You can report it but it is ignored.

Sorry or i would have voted.

• 9115 posts
    January 10, 2017 4:21 PM PST

This was an awesome effort folks, even if we didn;t win, we still showed a lot of people that we can take 25% of the votes away from some pretty big names who failed to even break into the double digits, that in itself is great advertising and a show of strength for Pantheon and the community.

We will wait to see what Bill from MMORPG.com says but I am proud of you all and happy with the support that we got even if we don't win, I am not sure why MU was on the list or how they competed so well with us but if it was legitimate great job to them, it was a close competition and we just got pipped at the post by a much larger community! 

Thank you to everyone who voted and supported us, we appreciate it a lot, nice job! :)

• 208 posts
    January 10, 2017 4:33 PM PST

Wellspring said:

Just an FYI, we will be scrubbing the data manually at the end of the poll to make sure no cheating occurred. If it did, and that cheater was the winner, the next-in-line who did not cheat will win the award. @Meddle will be doing the scrubbing himself.

Quote from Bill Murphy on MMORPG.com. So not to worry, if any cheating did occur they will sort it out.

Lets just hope there wasn't cheating from Pantheon voters if it turns out MU voters did. :o