Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Vote for Pantheon!

• 9115 posts
    January 10, 2017 4:39 AM PST

Only 4 hours to go now! We have the slightest lead and should be able to hold it if we get a few more votes trickle in over the next 4 hours, just in case tell everyone you know to sign up and vote, we can;t let MU beat us, it isn't even a proper MMORPG! :) 

• 6 posts
    January 10, 2017 7:34 AM PST

Dusted off my old mmorpg.com account to vote!

• 8 posts
    January 10, 2017 7:55 AM PST
    Just signed up and voted for camelot unchained

Nah just kidding lol pantheon is in the lead 26%

Come on!
    • 1434 posts
    January 10, 2017 8:37 AM PST

Wow Moo legend just jumped almost 2% in an hour. They are now in first place.

• 31 posts
    January 10, 2017 8:45 AM PST

Dullahan said:

Wow Moo legend just jumped almost 2% in an hour. They are now in first place.

Honestly, how is that even possible in that amount of time!  Its pretty upsetting for a game that came out of nowhere that rarely anyone has even heard of, somehow is able to jump that % of the entire voting process at a constant rate. 

Edit: "Just an FYI, we will be scrubbing the data manually at the end of the poll to make sure no cheating occurred. If it did, and that cheater was the winner, the next-in-line who did not cheat will win the award. @Meddle will be doing the scrubbing himself." Quote from MMORPG Bill Murphy.

This post was edited by Jazhara at January 10, 2017 8:47 AM PST
    • 1434 posts
    January 10, 2017 8:51 AM PST

Like I said before though, you never really know. Could be seen as a big title on the other side of the world. Guess they will sort it out.

• 2886 posts
    January 10, 2017 8:58 AM PST

Dullahan said:

Like I said before though, you never really know. Could be seen as a big title on the other side of the world. Guess they will sort it out.

Exactly. It's an Asian game so it's probably a big deal over there. There are a lot of people in Asia lol - they can swing the vote pretty easily. Perhaps most of them have never even heard of Pantheon just like most of us have never even heard of Mu. Opposide sides of the world - It's just a matter of perspective. People don't vote for something they've never heard of. That doesn't necessarily mean it's better. Although again, that's a matter of opinion. The Asian gaming scene is very different than it is over here.

This post was edited by Bazgrim at January 10, 2017 10:29 AM PST
    • 563 posts
    January 10, 2017 9:10 AM PST

I just don't understant why Mu was even on the list, it's a hack and slash ARPG diablo clone from the looks of it, Is diablo considered an MMO now? Sure theres lots of people "online" but you run around your own world by yourself for the most part lol. Please correct me if Im wrong.

This post was edited by Rachael at January 10, 2017 9:15 AM PST
    • 1434 posts
    January 10, 2017 9:35 AM PST

If nothing else, this poll showed there is far more interest in Pantheon than what detractors claim. Not even going to worry if Pantheon does not win.

• 138 posts
    January 10, 2017 10:13 AM PST

If you read the comments on the recent post on FB from the MU community manager, 95% of the comments are people who are pissed at the dev team. If this was not a bot run on their end, I can only assume the votes were pulled from their eastern followers. They have 2 stickied threads on their MMORPG forums, with 1 comment in total. 

The mystery surrounding MU online aside, PROTF showed up pretty strong. To Dullahan's point, this poll sheds a little light on how many guys on those boards are vocal detractors, verses how many people are silently behind Pantheon. I’m hoping that we get to see the total number of votes behind the percentages per game, but I suspect that overall MMORPG gaming community, compared to the amount of people active on that site, is heavily slanted in favor of the silent, unengaged majority of people who are just waiting to play the game they are interested in once it becomes available.

• 10 posts
    January 10, 2017 10:26 AM PST

Rachael said:

I just don't understant why Mu was even on the list, it's a hack and slash ARPG diablo clone from the looks of it, Is diablo considered an MMO now? Sure theres lots of people "online" but you run around your own world by yourself for the most part lol. Please correct me if Im wrong.

This is my point, no sour grapes, I'm glad we got so much traction.  But again, it is most wanted mmo, not most wanted mmorpg.  I think Pantheon's numbers clearly reflects who would have won that category, no one else was even close: 

Bless Online @ 4.6%

Camelot Unchained @6.8%

Regardless of how the research comes out I'm really glad of the turnout.

• 9115 posts
    January 10, 2017 4:20 PM PST

This was an awesome effort folks, even if we didn;t win, we still showed a lot of people that we can take 25% of the votes away from some pretty big names who failed to even break into the double digits, that in itself is great advertising and a show of strength for Pantheon and the community.

We will wait to see what Bill from MMORPG.com says but I am proud of you all and happy with the support that we got even if we don't win, I am not sure why MU was on the list or how they competed so well with us but if it was legitimate great job to them, it was a close competition and we just got pipped at the post by a much larger community! 

Thank you to everyone who voted and supported us, we appreciate it a lot, nice job! :)

• 3016 posts
    January 10, 2017 7:41 PM PST

Katalyzt said:

If you read the comments on the recent post on FB from the MU community manager, 95% of the comments are people who are pissed at the dev team. If this was not a bot run on their end, I can only assume the votes were pulled from their eastern followers. They have 2 stickied threads on their MMORPG forums, with 1 comment in total. 

The mystery surrounding MU online aside, PROTF showed up pretty strong. To Dullahan's point, this poll sheds a little light on how many guys on those boards are vocal detractors, verses how many people are silently behind Pantheon. I’m hoping that we get to see the total number of votes behind the percentages per game, but I suspect that overall MMORPG gaming community, compared to the amount of people active on that site, is heavily slanted in favor of the silent, unengaged majority of people who are just waiting to play the game they are interested in once it becomes available.

Look at their Facebook page (Mu) over 63,000 followers,  most are Filopino and Brazilian.   Large community.  heh

• 89 posts
    • 194 posts
    January 11, 2017 3:29 PM PST

Wow, I'm glad they took the time to scrub the results.  Almost a third of the ligit votes were for P:RotF?  That's awesome.  Gratz VR team!