Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

New Years Gaming Resolutions!

• 9115 posts
    January 2, 2017 3:52 AM PST

A fresh new year is upon us and what better way to start the year than with some gaming resolutions! What are your new years gaming related resolutions?

• 8 posts
    January 2, 2017 4:08 AM PST
    To freeze myself until beta arrives
    • 2130 posts
    January 2, 2017 4:26 AM PST

My New Year's resolution is to bash my face into EQ as much as possible so I can bask in the feeling of release when I quit playing it for good and move to Pantheon.

Signed,

A guy who is tired of playing 20 year old MMORPGs to compensate for the shortcomings of other titles.

• 120 posts
    January 2, 2017 4:49 AM PST

I want to branch out a bit more. I've always disliked sci fi games and have religiously avoided them, even when friends have told me they were good.

So this year, I want to go back and give some of the sci fi games I've notoriously avoided a chance, like the Fallout serious or Portal. It's rarely good to be closed-minded.

• 6 posts
    January 2, 2017 4:57 AM PST

Still 1920x1080, can not afford a better monitor/graphics card.

(Someone had to do it...)

This post was edited by mrsanders at January 2, 2017 4:57 AM PST
    • 2138 posts
    January 2, 2017 4:59 AM PST

Once minimum PC specs come out for pantheon, confer with my friends on what would make a good pc build, and then once I the PC build to have a small party so they can come over, look at it and make comments, and help me hook it up. (the TV needs to be dismounted and then remounted, easy enough but it needs another person on the other end).

• 166 posts
    January 2, 2017 5:09 AM PST

Maybe after a few years of abstinence 2017 is a good year to begin to play a MMORPG again and to convince my friends to do the same.

And I should try to finish all the point & click adventure games, I have started.

And I have to wait patient for the games I have backed / kickstartered / etc.

• 2130 posts
    January 2, 2017 5:11 AM PST

Manouk said:

Once minimum PC specs come out for pantheon, confer with my friends on what would make a good pc build, and then once I the PC build to have a small party so they can come over, look at it and make comments, and help me hook it up. (the TV needs to be dismounted and then remounted, easy enough but it needs another person on the other end).

You play on a TV? The input delay must be awful.

• 32 posts
    January 2, 2017 7:23 AM PST

I pledge to play responsibly when drinking.

• 126 posts
    January 2, 2017 9:29 AM PST

Convince myself that "Gardenscapes" is a decent way to pass the time watching for tidbits about Pantheon (not close, but...), and find a way to get a tone when Kils posts something new or emails! ;)  (well, hey... a gal can hope, right?)

• 626 posts
    January 2, 2017 10:20 AM PST

No real Resolutions this year, but maybe in the next coming I can make some around Pantheon and enjoying the game :)

This post was edited by Reignborn at January 2, 2017 10:38 AM PST
    • 1618 posts
    January 2, 2017 11:02 AM PST

Join us for the Bearded Challenge!

For the new year, no shaving until pre-alpha/VIP early acces begins!

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/4864/no-shaving-until-pre-alpha-who-s-in

We NEED a DEV to commit to the cause.

This post was edited by Beefcake at January 2, 2017 11:03 AM PST
    • 3016 posts
    January 2, 2017 11:12 AM PST

Kilsin said:

A fresh new year is upon us and what better way to start the year than with some gaming resolutions! What are your new years gaming related resolutions?

To be as helpful and as observant I can be,  while testing OUR game :P   To make friends during that testing period.  To spend as much time as possible ingame doing my part.   TO BE PATIENT WAITING to test Pantheon.      Are we there yet?  hehehe

• 78 posts
    January 2, 2017 12:15 PM PST

Hopefully playing Pantheon's Alpha during this year.

No game in particular that I'm waiting for, except maybe I'm hopeful there's going to me a legit expansion for XCOM 2. Other than that, Keep Calm and Panthe On!

Oh and my screen resolution is 3400x1400 and I hope Pantheon supports ultrawide :p

• 9115 posts
    January 2, 2017 3:17 PM PST

Hahaha, some good replies and lots of patient people which is very nice to see. I look forward to another year with such an amazing community and can;t wait to test with you all, whenever that may be :)

• 363 posts
    January 2, 2017 3:25 PM PST

To finally be able to beat Xcom 2!! Damn, that game is frustratingly fun!

• 61 posts
    January 3, 2017 2:53 PM PST

My New Year's gaming resolution would have to be to spend more time playing some of the PS4 games my wife likes to play so I have some leverage when I start trying to get her to play Pantheon.  I'm just dead tired of playing Diablo or Skylanders with her, but she still enjoys them.  Guess I'll start that tonight ;-)

• 2138 posts
    January 3, 2017 3:23 PM PST

Liav said:

Manouk said:

You play on a TV? The input delay must be awful.

Even using the VGA port on the TV? I was thinking of usung the HDMI, but if possible ot instead have the sound go through my (old) stereo. the TV has 4 HDMI ports,

• 363 posts
    January 4, 2017 11:18 AM PST

Voidfarer said: To freeze myself until beta arrives

This, but only until Pre-Alpha!