Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

more Live Streams

• 21 posts
    December 28, 2016 11:27 AM PST

When will we see more live streams of game play and such?

• 318 posts
    December 28, 2016 11:36 AM PST

IIRC from the the last live stream, Brad said that the time before the next live stream wouldn't be as long as the wait between the current stream and the previous one from the summer. So that narrows it down to what, before June 2017 at the latest? I hope that helps :P

This post was edited by Wellspring at December 28, 2016 11:36 AM PST
    • 21 posts
    December 28, 2016 11:37 AM PST

lol thats after the alpha come outs

• 1303 posts
    December 28, 2016 11:41 AM PST

Rousie said:

lol thats after the alpha come outs

There's no hard set timeline for alpha either. Dont hold your breath that it will definately be 1st or 2nd quarter.

• 21 posts
    December 28, 2016 11:43 AM PST

I think they were very set on the alpha coming out 1 or 2nd quarter

• 1303 posts
    December 28, 2016 11:44 AM PST

Rousie said:

No, they said right now that's the gameplan. They were hopeful. But they arent ready to make any promises. They will go to Alpha when they feel they are trully ready for Alpha. 

• 668 posts
    December 28, 2016 11:50 AM PST

I do not see how Alpha can be ready that soon to be honest...  and based on the look of the last stream, I am okay with them taking the needed time for us...

Think about all the detailed work still ahead for testing, perception quests, merchant & NPC interactions and actions, mob AI, dynamic events...  Plus they need to build more worlds per race etc...

I do feel that our work as testers will be invaluable to them though, we are going to be able to "break" what they cannot see because we will have fresh eyes and no prior knowledge to any inside clues.

• 1618 posts
    December 28, 2016 12:26 PM PST

Streams are a great way to get backers. The last one really seemed to help increase the paying population here.

Hoping for more soon. But, they have to provide a lot more new parts and not just the same rehash off the last stream in a new area.

• 1303 posts
    December 28, 2016 12:27 PM PST

Well, they also said at one point that they are treating this like a true alpha, not an early access.

So I wouldnt anticipate it being like playing an MMO.It'll be: "Log in tonight at 8pm Eastern. You will be on a shaman. DOT the crap outa the mobs we have standing there and try to break it. After one hour you'll be logged out.", or "For 4 hours tonight we're going to be testing the banker in X city. Spam the crap out of him with transactions, and try to come up with duping bugs."

• 21 posts
    December 28, 2016 12:32 PM PST

any game play for me right now as a alpha is fine by me i want to see the game, how dose it feel to be your hero. i understand yuor talking about trying to break stuff understandable but. i think thats what the testing is for not the alpha and beta sure there will be a bug button but im sure they want to crash ther server wiht people and see how the game playes as well 

• 1303 posts
    December 28, 2016 12:42 PM PST

Rousie said:

any game play for me right now as a alpha is fine by me i want to see the game, how dose it feel to be your hero. i understand yuor talking about trying to break stuff understandable but. i think thats what the testing is for not the alpha and beta sure there will be a bug button but im sure they want to crash ther server wiht people and see how the game playes as well 

Alpha is testing. So is Beta for that matter. Alpha just focuses more on testing and balancing newly introduced systems and content, while beta is for fine tuning everything. People playing as if it were a released product is fine for beta. But alpha needs to be a more deliberate controlled testing phase. 

[Edit] In Alpha there's also the expectation that players commit to giving feedback reports on the things they've been asked to test. Everything from whether or not they think the movement feels fluid or spongy, to the level of convenience you feel you have in accessing skills, to whether you like the layout of your spellbook, to encounter XYZ seems to be overpowere and here's exactly why I believe that to be the case. 

This post was edited by Feyshtey at December 28, 2016 12:48 PM PST
    • 21 posts
    December 28, 2016 12:49 PM PST

I understand what Alpha and beta are for.  I think you feel the need to correct or undermind people. I Want to play the game and if it required me spaming a banker im all for it. but please stop killing my vibe

because your describing what im talking about the spell book and interface. i want to see how the game feel. but i see where your going with the comments thats fine. 

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at December 28, 2016 1:30 PM PST
    • 1303 posts
    December 28, 2016 1:01 PM PST

I'm not trying to kill your vibe. I'm just trying to help you keep your expectations manageable. Dont want you to be really disappointed when you get that alpha invite and realize that 80% of the game is still off limits :) 

• 89 posts
    December 28, 2016 1:13 PM PST

Rousie said:

Not to be That Guy, but when I originally pledged they were very set on the alpha happening in Summer of 2016 with betas around Christmas 2016 if everything went well.

When backing big projects it is important to manage expectations and understand that schedules will always get delayed.

• 21 posts
    December 28, 2016 1:37 PM PST

lol well at least keep us going with some 4 play with streams. 

• 556 posts
    December 28, 2016 1:44 PM PST

Rousie said:

I think they were very set on the pre-alpha coming out 1 or 2nd quarter

Fixed that for you.

• 59 posts
    December 28, 2016 2:40 PM PST

Glad to see im not the only one who 100% got on the hype train after the Cohh stream but atleast i know who will be on soonish ;)

• 21 posts
    December 28, 2016 7:35 PM PST

Exzear said:

Glad to see im not the only one who 100% got on the hype train after the Cohh stream but atleast i know who will be on soonish ;)

Thanks finally someon is positive. neggative nancys up their

• 1434 posts
    December 28, 2016 7:49 PM PST

I was amazed by the recent stream, and I consider myself pretty critical. I thought their progress on visuals was outstanding and just what the doctor ordered. Whether we like it or not, people will look at the game and judge, based on those visuals, if VR is capable of delivering the game they're promising. It's never been more clear that they are.

• 2138 posts
    December 29, 2016 7:17 AM PST

I think this should be the way they do future expansions, no  broo-ha-ha, just a statement- "Live stream, on date X"

So the game would already be out, and we would all be in the game and then see this on the forums and be like "wha?"

They would say nothing outside of game chatter. Only, as devs, play in the new zones. Maybe at the end say somehting like, "We have just traversed the realm of suchandso, the new expansion set for release on date X+."

• 208 posts
    December 29, 2016 9:47 AM PST

Rousie said:

Exzear said:

Thanks finally someon is positive. neggative nancys up their

Managing expectations is not being a negative Nancy. In fact I find those that don't manage their expectations are the ones complaining the loudest and being negative Nancy's when the overhped release projections are not met.

• 363 posts
    December 29, 2016 10:18 AM PST

They said that they are aiming for PRE-ALPHA in Q1/Q2. This is for VIP pledgers only. Alpha would probably come somewhere around Q3 and that will be available for Champion pledgers, as well as VIP. Just wanted to clarify that.

As for live streams... I would love to see more!

• 1618 posts
    December 29, 2016 12:51 PM PST

Well, Brad answered this question via Twitter today, more streams in a few months.

Guess we sit and wait now.

• 138 posts
    December 29, 2016 1:16 PM PST

NEXTLEVL said:

They said that they are aiming for PRE-ALPHA in Q1/Q2. This is for VIP pledgers only. Alpha would probably come somewhere around Q3 and that will be available for Champion pledgers, as well as VIP. Just wanted to clarify that.

This is correct, and was clarified in the last stream. For a while there it sounded like it would be Alpha in Q1/Q2 of 2017, but they put that to bed while answering questions in the last stream. Pre-Alpha will be what comes available in Q1/Q2. 

This post was edited by Katalyzt at December 29, 2016 1:16 PM PST
    • 9115 posts
    December 30, 2016 3:42 AM PST

NEXTLEVL said:

While this is mostly correct I need to add that a bunch of Champion pledges from back in the early days also have pre-alpha access and will be included also, funny enough it was one of the pledges I purchased before becoming the CM ($375 - Journeyman's Pledge) :)