Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What region or climate would you choose?

• 249 posts
    November 18, 2016 5:47 PM PST

Watching Avatar right now. if you could make a zone/area/continent similar to Avatar it would be my favorite zone in any game. period. Im sitting here watching the movie thinking...man....it would be amazing to explore a place like that, where we arnt the top of the food chain, where everything is jumbo size and plants are exotic and bioluminesicent . thats how i picture wilds end in my head, but who knows 

• 47 posts
    November 24, 2016 11:54 AM PST

I would love to see some type of area that's mostly water with hundreds of small islands. Maybe sort of a jungle/swamp area, or off of a desert, but with lots of scrub. You never know what could be hiding in the water or on the islands, or what kind of treasure you might find... 

• 279 posts
    November 27, 2016 6:29 PM PST

Ancient coral seabed type area (from FF7)

• 29 posts
    November 28, 2016 9:51 AM PST

I'm a big forest/lake lover with bluffs and the like. I know these are regularly offered, but something always bothers me about the way they are designed. 90% of the time "forests" are just trees and grass, as if someone just mows from time to time. There haven't been very many (any?) games that have areas of thick brush, saplings, etc. within the forests to fill in the gaps between trees. Have you ever hiked in real life? Limited visibility should be a thing. Perhaps the doodads/assets could slow you down by 10% when clipping with them to emulate walking through brush.

• 2886 posts
    November 29, 2016 6:56 AM PST

Kilaen said:

I'm a big forest/lake lover with bluffs and the like. I know these are regularly offered, but something always bothers me about the way they are designed. 90% of the time "forests" are just trees and grass, as if someone just mows from time to time. There haven't been very many (any?) games that have areas of thick brush, saplings, etc. within the forests to fill in the gaps between trees. Have you ever hiked in real life? Limited visibility should be a thing. Perhaps the doodads/assets could slow you down by 10% when clipping with them to emulate walking through brush.

This is actually a pretty good point.

• 232 posts
    November 29, 2016 8:44 AM PST

I'd like to see a zone set in a dreamstate.  Doesn't have to be a major zone, but could be a raid zone or dungeon.  In order to enter, maybe you would have to stare into a large crystal ball at the bottom a dungeon, or consume a player-craftable potion made with rare ingredients.   Lots of options here on how to enter and what the zone would be like. Tons of room for devs to be extra creative.

• 2886 posts
    November 29, 2016 9:23 AM PST

Dekaden said:

I'd like to see a zone set in a dreamstate.  Doesn't have to be a major zone, but could be a raid zone or dungeon.  In order to enter, maybe you would have to stare into a large crystal ball at the bottom a dungeon, or consume a player-craftable potion made with rare ingredients.   Lots of options here on how to enter and what the zone would be like. Tons of room for devs to be extra creative.

DDO had an entire update filled with dream-like dungeons. Very trippy.

• 690 posts
    November 29, 2016 9:40 PM PST

http://img15.deviantart.net/ba2e/i/2012/270/2/8/dark_souls__anor_londo_by_robdelamorte-d5g1h5l.jpg

I didnt read the entire post, so I'm not sure if anyone covered the idea : search dark souls scenery in google. That's the kind of thing I want to see=)...Best part is you could actually go explore most of what you could see

This post was edited by BeaverBiscuit at November 29, 2016 9:41 PM PST
    • 186 posts
    November 30, 2016 11:47 AM PST

Deep cold snow, I want to live on those icecaps to the north please...

• 81 posts
    November 30, 2016 12:10 PM PST

I would love to see a vast swamp that starts out sparse and mild and gets thicker and nastier the deeper you go

• 2886 posts
    November 30, 2016 12:32 PM PST

BeaverBiscuit said:

http://img15.deviantart.net/ba2e/i/2012/270/2/8/dark_souls__anor_londo_by_robdelamorte-d5g1h5l.jpg

I didnt read the entire post, so I'm not sure if anyone covered the idea : search dark souls scenery in google. That's the kind of thing I want to see=)...Best part is you could actually go explore most of what you could see

Looks a lot like the screenshots we have seen of Thronefast or Avendyr's Pass so I'm guessing your wish will be granted! haha

• 2886 posts
    November 30, 2016 12:34 PM PST

KatoKhan said:

I would love to see a vast swamp that starts out sparse and mild and gets thicker and nastier the deeper you go

Sounds like my ex-girlfriend! LOL

• 690 posts
    December 7, 2016 7:32 PM PST

Bazgrim said:

KatoKhan said:

Sounds like my ex-girlfriend! LOL

Laughed out loud and made my brother think i'm weird.

Thanks for that=)

• 690 posts
    December 7, 2016 7:34 PM PST

Bazgrim said:

BeaverBiscuit said:

Looks a lot like the screenshots we have seen of Thronefast or Avendyr's Pass so I'm guessing your wish will be granted! haha

Hmm maybe but I dont remember seeing any Pantheon scenery I would call.. breathtaking. We still have the final art pass to look forward to though! Got my fingers crossed=)

• 279 posts
    January 11, 2017 9:29 PM PST

If you do a volcano or mountain I hope you make it a real steep climb. Check out volcano from FFXV https://youtu.be/WlzZwfG9dug?t=1m35s

• 134 posts
    January 11, 2017 10:00 PM PST

Something dark and GLOOMY like this. :P

• 144 posts
    January 12, 2017 12:14 PM PST

Love the lush, tropical jungley zone, love the thick foresty zones...

would be really happy to see a bioluminescent flavored zone