Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

My List of things I would like to see

• 9 posts
    January 29, 2018 3:26 PM PST

1. Proximity triggered mobs.  Mobs that cant be tracked, or pre pulled.  Could be single mobs, or swarms.  Snakes that come out under rocks, spiders or rats thru crack in walls, ghosts coming out of the walls, statues or paintings.  Flying animals that come down from hilltops, or out of trees.  Spawn / trigger points could be randomized, rare named randomized as well.  In dungeon, would add unexpected challenges.   Level of mobs could set to match the player in some instances.

2. Personal housing, (prefer instanced to minimize cluttered world)  Quest rewards of housing items, to show off accomplishments.

3. Mix of Solo, Group, Raid.  Ability to do what I feel like doing at any time.

4. Things that allow me to embrace my OCD, Hoarding, etc, such as collections and acheivement journals.

• 69 posts
    January 30, 2018 11:05 AM PST
    3 things

1. Meaningful language, race, and faction differences, especially if there is RP/PvP focused server(s). I loved having to learn/use languages of other races and being "unwelcome" in other territories. This helped immersion and in-faction bonding/rivalries.

2. Useful gear diversity. One thing I hate is when every warrior has Sword of Sampo from lvl 23-28 or whatever because that's the best of type weapon in that lvl range. Give us some obtainable diversity/flexibility in useful gear at all levels -that also has longevity.-

3. No global auction house, no super passive trading. I know yall already addressed this, so you can take this as my support in your efforts to make trading a social effort again.
    • 1315 posts
    January 30, 2018 12:16 PM PST

I have been reading a few Wuxia Chinese web novels lately and something has popped out that I think might be an interesting addition to a MMO.

1: Break through Events

Both character levels and character skills require more than just Exp to level.  For example, once you hit level 30 regardless of how much experience you accumulate you will not be able to level to 31 until you met a set of secondary criteria.  This is fairly easily represented by requiring a rare or difficult to create item, a quest and 9 of 50 horizontal progression targets completed.

This will cause people to bunch up at the end of each level range to work on mutual targets at lower difficulty levels than end game.  This will prevent players from zooming through low levels both at launch and in the future.

Doing the same with skills and spells will again give one a lot more to do before level capping.  Potentially this could require a great deal more content to make it not feel extremely repetitive, you know unless you use the logarithmic scale to balance player power.

Trasak

• 3237 posts
    January 30, 2018 12:28 PM PST
    @Trasak --- Curious to see how the "Rites of Passage" feature will be implemented. I think it will have similarities to what you described above.
    • 166 posts
    January 30, 2018 12:32 PM PST

I would love to see a solid treasure hunting system n the game. With multi staged riddles and various ways to obtain clues to find the treasure.

Additonally naval content would be great, that could include under water dungeons or cities (Dark Myr) and of course the possibility to explore the seas by ship. Maybe even ship fights or something like that.

A little bit of FarmVille would also be great. Beside of gathering and crafting, a farming profession would be great, so that I'm able to grow my own crop or to have my own animals for food supply.

And last but not least, It would be great to see the game in German. This would make it a lost easier to dive into the rich story or even to understand the quest text, to know where to hunt for the needed Trollears.

This post was edited by Landbert at January 30, 2018 12:40 PM PST
    • 1315 posts
    January 30, 2018 12:34 PM PST

oneADseven said: @Trasak --- Curious to see how the "Rites of Passage" feature will be implemented. I think it will have similarities to what you described above.

Hmm Ill have to look that up, haven't spotted it yet but if it does sorta match then kudo's.

Trasak

• 769 posts
    January 30, 2018 2:57 PM PST

1. Active GM presence to enforce policies, such as Naming Policy. I don't want to see a crapload of "Leggolaaasss"es running around. Or any names that you THINK are cute and clever. 

2. Non-instanced housing. While having housing is fun, I believe it should also be fairly hard to achieve. If you're late to the real estate market, you're camping outdoors and staying at Inns with me. Make housing punishing, even for those who own it. Failure to upkeep housing for X amount of weeks/months causes foreclosure, to be auctioned out to the highest bidder. 

3. Make solo doable, but long and arduouos. 

4. No boxing. 

5. So many different gear choices that years from now I'll still be finding things I'd never seen or noticed before. 

6. A comprehensive guild management tool for leaders and officers. 

7. A consignment interface for buying and selling, using other players as brokers, as opposed to having an automated auction house. 

8. Different ways to generate aggro. Aggro leeches from other group members, hate-over-time, etc. I want tanks to be very different from each other, insofar as HOW they tank.

9. Gigantic dungeons (Though with EQ and VG under their belt, I'm not worried about this one). 

10. Not one, single, friggin', flying reindeer. 

• 15 posts
    January 30, 2018 3:20 PM PST

For me... (not in order of importance)

Player Housing that isn't aids like Archeage or FFXIV.

Transmog

Fluid combat animations

NO CASH SHOP (maybe cosmetics only)

Fall damage to be an important thing to consider

No fast travel, put in boats or air ships that don't take 10 minutes of waiting.

No flying mounts (makes the game bland because you never see anyone/anything because you are just flying over it)

Ways to counter botting. Like a way to gank a confirmed bot non stop. I believe archeage had an OK system in place where if enough people thought you were a bot you had a debuff placed on you that lasted an hour and if you didnt get rid of it something happened. Obviously fine tune it a bit to avoid griefers.

No daily limits to any content like Revelation had.

**Most importantly --- get rid of the "rush mindset" that gamers have lately. Where they get into a dungeon or something and they just instantly rush to gather everything up and AOE it down and move on to the next thing. Or once something is finished they leave group and queue up for the next thing to repeat the cycle. I understand people don't have 40+ minutes to do one dungeon or something but if you make it rewarding to sit there for maybe that long it would be worth it.

Quote from Dictator Trump - Make CC relevant again!

• 4 posts
    January 30, 2018 3:20 PM PST

Landbert said:

And last but not least, It would be great to see the game in German. This would make it a lost easier to dive into the rich story or even to understand the quest text, to know where to hunt for the needed Trollears.

A German Version of the Game will be very fine. Please make a Translation.