Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Epic Boss and Raid Mobs

• 162 posts
    March 3, 2017 7:47 AM PST

Medjai said:

My 2nd favorite was Trak. Can't remember where this mob was, but it took FOREVER. Havenlight on Xegony. 

Lol, Trak was int he bottom of Old Sebilis in Kunark... Definitely a tough fight back in the day. Now she is a joke.

• 1921 posts
    March 3, 2017 7:56 AM PST

Cazic Thule in Plane of Fear before any expansions in EQ1.  Why?  Because he was the first.  You always remember your first. ;)

---

Contrasting that with the more modern raiding of what I call DDR raiding or "Dance Dance Revolution" or "Don't Stand In The Fire" raiding.  Saw enough of that in RIFT for a lifetime.

Oh? you need to stand still to heal?  Nah, bro, you get to keep moving or die!  So, everyone dies. Yay!  Dumb.

I liked the build up to CT, in that you had to clear everything before you could engage him, but it wasn't actually scripted that way.  It's not as though he would literally summon the entire zone to help him, it just seemed that way because aggro radius was about 200 in Plane of Fear.  If you could see it, almost, it was running towards you.  But if it had been actually scripted such that if you ran to him and engaged him he summoned every mob in the zone to help him?  That's fun, right there.

Planar beings, beings from another dimension, demi gods, actual gods, representations of gods, manifestations of gods, projections of gods, avatars of gods, etc etc?  Those guys?  They should be summoning dozens or hundreds of adds over the course of a fight.   Lots of fun potential there. :)

• 1584 posts
    March 3, 2017 8:20 AM PST

Kilsin said:

What was the most epic boss or raid mob you can remember fighting in an MMORPG and why was it special to you?

Easily Lady Vox, I remebered her so well becuase she was my first raid boss when they werent even considered raid encounters and the fight literally lasted like maybe a minute with like at least 40 people hitting her and we simply got destroyed by her blizzard aoe effect, but like i said raid encounters were so knew back than that actually completing one was an amazing accomplishment in itself. and this is why once i finally killed naggy, and vox like 3 months after kunark came out were my most memorable raid encounters.

• 1584 posts
    March 3, 2017 8:36 AM PST

Dubah said:

Medjai said:

My 2nd favorite was Trak. Can't remember where this mob was, but it took FOREVER. Havenlight on Xegony. 

Lol, Trak was int he bottom of Old Sebilis in Kunark... Definitely a tough fight back in the day. Now she is a joke.

Yeah, he did become easier, but this wa mainly due you being able to out level him by like 35 levels and are able to hit like 100x harder than we were when he first came out lol.  But if you played on a TLP server the challenge comes out a little bit, but you still have class buffs from the live servers so you still hit harder than you used to so still a tad easier but at least they tried to bring the original expansions back to life.