Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

New PC build for Pantheon and Oulus Rift!

• 35 posts
    January 23, 2016 8:12 PM PST

It was time for me to update from my older AMD 6core CPU and video card so i bit the bullet.  Here is the new build!  i did the i7-6700k, with 16gb ram and an AMD R9 390.  My favorite part though is the new case.  I went with the Haf XB EVO case.  I always wanted a cube case and this one was perfect.  fit a full ATX board, has handles on the side, built solid with stell, yet it is pretty damn light.  I wanted something portable for when the Oculus rift came out so i could bring it to work or friends houses. 2 things i have been so pumped about for 2016 in gaming: oculus rift and Pantheon.  Can't wait to test the game out on it!

• 35 posts
    January 23, 2016 8:13 PM PST

For some reason the pictures are not shoing up?  It lets me upload them but nothing appears?

This post was edited by striderida1 at January 23, 2016 8:13 PM PST
    • 9115 posts
    January 24, 2016 12:17 AM PST

Try uploading to Imgur or a similar site and then copy/paste them here in a post, these forums are weird and don't play nicely with certain things, I can't wait until we make the move! ;)

• 130 posts
    January 29, 2016 7:55 PM PST

Sounds like a nice rig.  I'm still running an ancient Phenom II X6 1045t based system @ 3.45GHz.  However, it still pushes demanding titles like Witcher 3, Shadow of Mordor and Fallout 4 nicely at 1080p, thankfully.

I did upgrade to a GTX 960 4GB card since Brad said that was his high end card he was using for Pantheon, but he said his card was 2GB so I went with 4GB and factory overclocks.

Have fun with the VR.  For now I'm holding out for AMD Zen processors and the AM4 platform, however I did recently build my son an Intel Haswell rig for Christmas.

• 2419 posts
    January 29, 2016 8:49 PM PST

I'm saving up and will replace my rig right before Pantheon is released.  Will probably need a new desk to hold the thing too.