Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Multi-monitor support and 16:10

• 9 posts
    November 12, 2015 1:08 AM PST

I wasn't sure where else to post this.  I remember seeing a post about it a while ago, but it must have been archived.

I just wanted to request the hopeful inclusion of multi-monitor support for NVidia surround and eyefinity.  

Also please don't ignore support for those of us still using the much superior 16:10 aspect ratio.  (Not looking to start that argument though ;)  )

I realize things are limited by time and developer resources, and that these requests don't represent a large percentage of potential players, but I also don't know how much time/effort they would take.  I suspect, especially with 16:10 aspect ratio, it may be simple to implement but often is just overlooked.  I figured it wouldn't hurt to make you aware that there are people out there that are interested in these features.

• 9115 posts
    November 12, 2015 2:54 AM PST

Yes, we will have multi-monitor support and there is no superior ratio ;)

• 9 posts
    November 12, 2015 11:39 PM PST

Thanks for the reply Kilsin.  That's great news.

• 9115 posts
    November 13, 2015 12:59 AM PST

Gorthul said:

Thanks for the reply Kilsin.  That's great news.

You're welcome mate :)

• 47 posts
    November 29, 2015 10:07 PM PST

At the risk of appearing to necro a dead thread, and to avoid making a new thread about a similar topic - are we likely to see support for screens such as my 34" curved 21:9 ultrawide 3440*1440, and even 4k monitors? The reason I ask is because of the inferrence that the game won't be aiming at the top tier PC build (the type of build that could power a 4k gaming rig), and I wondered if this extended to monitors. Having to play my LG34UC87M in another aspect/res/letterbox really kills a game. If not default, will we be able to modify the .ini files to work around aspect ratio?

This post was edited by RandomCarnage at November 29, 2015 10:13 PM PST
    • 9115 posts
    November 30, 2015 12:53 AM PST

RandomCarnage said:

At the risk of appearing to necro a dead thread, and to avoid making a new thread about a similar topic - are we likely to see support for screens such as my 34" curved 21:9 ultrawide 3440*1440, and even 4k monitors? The reason I ask is because of the inferrence that the game won't be aiming at the top tier PC build (the type of build that could power a 4k gaming rig), and I wondered if this extended to monitors. Having to play my LG34UC87M in another aspect/res/letterbox really kills a game. If not default, will we be able to modify the .ini files to work around aspect ratio?

I spoke to Dan, our Technical Director and he said that we will be supporting all sensible aspect ratios, so I wouldn't worry too much, if you have a graphics card that can handle 4K with a suitable monitor that also supports 4K, you shouldn't have a problem playing Pantheon on it. ;)

• 9 posts
    November 30, 2015 3:22 AM PST

Kilsin said:

I spoke to Dan, our Technical Director and he said that we will be supporting all sensible aspect ratios, so I wouldn't worry too much, if you have a graphics card that can handle 4K with a suitable monitor that also supports 4K, you shouldn't have a problem playing Pantheon on it. ;)

With multi-monitor I play at 5760x1200, or 6040x1200 with bezel correction.  I hope that's considered "sensible".  lol.  Usually the biggest problem with game compatibility is getting the UI to scale correctly and remain on the center screen instead of stretching across all 3 and becoming unreadable.  More than half of even major releases usually require a user created hack to run correctly.  That's not usually an issue, but only big named releases get that kind of user community support, which is what has us concerned.

• 9115 posts
    November 30, 2015 4:38 AM PST

Gorthul said:

Kilsin said:

With multi-monitor I play at 5760x1200, or 6040x1200 with bezel correction.  I hope that's considered "sensible".  lol.  Usually the biggest problem with game compatibility is getting the UI to scale correctly and remain on the center screen instead of stretching across all 3 and becoming unreadable.  More than half of even major releases usually require a user created hack to run correctly.  That's not usually an issue, but only big named releases get that kind of user community support, which is what has us concerned.

A lot of us on the team are multi-monitor users too, myself included and we know the troubles that we have gaming with different ratios, so as I said, I wouldn't worry, if you find a ratio doesn't work for you, we can add it during alpha/beta if need be (if there are enough users of course).

• 44 posts
    July 22, 2017 3:14 PM PDT

Kilsin, can you advise if there will be support for ultrawide monitors?  I just figure it's been some time since this post, and it isn't a bad time to ask.

• 9115 posts
    July 22, 2017 5:43 PM PDT

Brunt said:

Kilsin, can you advise if there will be support for ultrawide monitors?  I just figure it's been some time since this post, and it isn't a bad time to ask.

We should be able to cover most popular ultra-wide monitors ratios mate but if it looks funky during testing, let us know and we will see what we can do :)

• 44 posts
    July 22, 2017 7:11 PM PDT

Thank you!

• 9115 posts
    July 22, 2017 8:26 PM PDT

Brunt said:

Thank you!

You're very welcome :)