Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What do you think about eye pupils on characters ?

• 47 posts
    October 5, 2015 9:08 AM PDT

For me it's really important as I feel in general that characters feels much more alive if they have pupils. I hope devs consider and let more races like Dark Myr have pupils, which otherwise looks really cool. I like to look at living eyes. What do you think?

• 338 posts
    October 5, 2015 9:11 AM PDT

It's not often that I look that closely at my character but why wouldn't there be pupils ?

Its not like its hard to add a black dot ?

+1 weird post imo...

Kiz~

• 47 posts
    October 5, 2015 9:14 AM PDT
    Angrykiz said:

It's not often that I look that closely at my character but why wouldn't there be pupils ?

Its not like its hard to add a black dot ?

+1 weird post imo...

Kiz~

It's not so much when I look at my character, but more when I communicate with my friends and other players or take quests from NPC.

This post was edited by Elmberry at October 5, 2015 9:29 AM PDT
    • 87 posts
    October 5, 2015 9:46 AM PDT

I think there should be pupils, yes, but they should be pointed different directions. Googly eyes.

• 384 posts
    October 5, 2015 10:14 AM PDT
    Sorry but I am staunchly anti-pupil.
    • 13 posts
    October 5, 2015 10:58 AM PDT

This is exactly why out of the two subspecies of lalafell of FFXIV I chose plainsfolk actually!  I felt like the genus' naturally mischievous airs were lost on the doonie 'eads, as I call 'em, with their comparitively vacant and aloof optics.  IRL, and no offense to people with the... 'predicament' ^^ ...but I have a hard time locking gazes with someone that has very dark irises; it just feels like I'm staring into a gaping hole and it sorta creeps me out a l'il.

But!  It really does depend on a race's default demeanor at large ain't it?  Some races want to come across as distant and untouchable, and for them 'pupil-less' eyes are just the ticket.  For more expressive and lively races then yeah, pupils most definitely.

...what queer (but quaint) topic to emerge though. xD

• 1281 posts
    October 5, 2015 1:19 PM PDT

For games that use graphic engines designed for maximum fidelity (Unreal, Crytek, etc) this would probably be reasonable request. Unity 5 can do an OK job with eyes but it's not going to look like Black Desert =p

This post was edited by bigdogchris at October 5, 2015 1:22 PM PDT
    • 2138 posts
    October 5, 2015 6:27 PM PDT

i am not sure how much of an impact it would make.

This post was edited by Manouk at October 5, 2015 6:30 PM PDT
    • 5 posts
    October 5, 2015 7:01 PM PDT

You would think that given the idea of how much light will effect gameplay that something like that would be incorperated. Granted this is something so small that you would never notice it except at character select and would be a waste of cpu cycles if it was dynamic. Static on the other hand would be very simple to implement