Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

So, what are you all playing now?

• 85 posts
    September 30, 2015 9:40 PM PDT

archeage here just because of my friends. Pass time tbh and stay connected with friends. Some stoped playing. Some log in here and there. Just feel empty at end game. Not much questing and dungeon crawls. God I wish pantheon will have a new APW like dungeon... 

• 126 posts
    October 1, 2015 12:25 AM PDT

I spent most of my gaming time on the EQ2 TLE server Stormhold, with 3 nights a week riding on live. Since Stormhold's game mechanics are like live and not like it was pre LU13, all this is just passing time while waiting on Pantheon to fill a huge gaming void. I plan to play Fallout4 a bit, but single player games are not quite the same to me as MMORPGs are.

• 1434 posts
    October 1, 2015 4:39 AM PDT

Also been playing EQ2 on the TLE pvp server. Hoping for next xpac, as Deathtoll server is almost completely dead. Was fun early on with fighting over contested, but after we geared out most of our characters, people stopped logging in. I'd bet theres less than 300 non bots on during prime time.

This post was edited by Dullahan at October 1, 2015 4:39 AM PDT
    • 62 posts
    October 1, 2015 5:28 AM PDT

League of Legends and the occasional Minecraft (we have our own server, look us up! HeartillyCraft.Enjin.com)

But mostly just LoL. Add me sometime if anyone would like to play, I'm desperate to get out of Bronze Hell D: Basketcase180

• 67 posts
    October 2, 2015 7:54 PM PDT
    Perplexing89 said:

League of Legends and the occasional Minecraft (we have our own server, look us up! HeartillyCraft.Enjin.com)

But mostly just LoL. Add me sometime if anyone would like to play, I'm desperate to get out of Bronze Hell D: Basketcase180

Bronze Scrub, reported.  Jk, what role do you play the most?

• 1434 posts
    October 7, 2015 8:26 AM PDT

I started playing Warframe a few days ago. I've become totally addicted to it. I had never even heard of it, nor had any of the people I game with. Its definitely grindy, but the world/levels are very well designed and have enough variety that it doesn't feel too redundant. You can also mix up the way you play going from melee to ranged combat with an absolute ton of warframes (classes) to choose from. There is even a space sim type mode using Archwing's. There's also at least a dozen different game modes.

Especially for a free to play game, I've been really impressed. Would love to see this sort of game become a full blown MMO rather than just a lobby game.

This post was edited by Dullahan at October 7, 2015 8:27 AM PDT
    • 409 posts
    October 14, 2015 12:27 PM PDT

Minecraft - survival mode, no cheats/hacks/etc, 1.8.8

Diablo 3 - hardcore.

Destiny, Divinity: Original Sin, and Pillars of Eternity - here and there, when the mood strikes.

The distinct lack of a proper MMO is allowing me to clean out my library.

• 378 posts
    October 14, 2015 7:33 PM PDT

Star Wars battlefront Beta - Loving it, well I was till they turned beta off, full release next month 

• 13 posts
    October 15, 2015 10:58 AM PDT

I've just started playing M&M World of Xeen.

For the moment I've given up on MMORPG's (apart from Pantheon of course)

• 79 posts
    October 15, 2015 12:01 PM PDT

Here recently I've actually been getting into playing Meridian59 and a throwback cRPG called Serpent in the Staglands, both are amazing games. But as soon as my internet at home is back up I plan on getting back on P99 EQ :)

• 511 posts
    October 15, 2015 12:23 PM PDT

Heroes of the Storm - MOBA Fix

Divinity Original Sin - RPG fix (Can't wait for 2)

Battlefield 3 - FPS fix

waiting for EQ no box server or PRF Alpha for my MMO fix!

• 211 posts
    October 16, 2015 12:37 AM PDT

I should post here every month, casue I have been running through games like Mexican beer though a tourist. At the moment, Wildstar since it is now free and a friend wanted me to play with her. I've already been though it though, obtaining lvl 50 a couple months after the original release. I don't anticipate staying. Also I am playing one of those episodic, point and click games which is more like a 'movie you control' rather than a game called Life is Strange. I love it! If anyone likes these types of games, I highly recommend it, and the final part 5 comes out this Tuesday.

• 9 posts
    October 18, 2015 10:04 AM PDT
    Rift has been my main MMO home. Any Ascended around? Say hey, we can hunt some achievements or something, I'm Filix on Faeblight
    • 578 posts
    October 21, 2015 9:42 PM PDT

Hadrian said: Rift has been my main MMO home. Any Ascended around? Say hey, we can hunt some achievements or something, I'm Filix on Faeblight

I keep wanting to plug Rift back in because there aren't many good MMO's out there but Rift has a decent bard class which makes it fun for me. I keep wanting to either put EQ in or Rift. But maybe I'll just put in Skyrim haha

• 29 posts
    October 22, 2015 7:24 AM PDT

Running through my library of old console games: have replayed FF6, FF7, FF8, FF9, FFX, FFX-2. Now am on FF12, next is FF13. Then the Disgaea series. Then Starcraft 2 and its expansion. Intermingle LoL occasionally.

DESPERATELY awaiting Pantheon. All this talk on this is making me want to pick EQ back up though.

• 610 posts
    October 22, 2015 7:33 AM PDT

Path of Exiles

its a nice litte diablo-esque game..and its REALLY free to play

they have a game store but it is 100% apperance and not needed in any way shape or form

would suggest it to anyone

• 409 posts
    October 22, 2015 10:56 AM PDT

Sevens said:

Path of Exiles

its a nice litte diablo-esque game..and its REALLY free to play

they have a game store but it is 100% apperance and not needed in any way shape or form

would suggest it to anyone

It is a great game. I love the ability gem system. Probably the most innovative thing done to ARPGs since the original Diablo even came out.

• 511 posts
    October 24, 2015 12:33 PM PDT

My problem with aRPG's is it always feels like your getting only a portion of a game. The story mode is great, gets you to about lvl 30-40 depending on how you play, then you play through again on a harder level to get to 60, then again on even harder to get to 80 then grind maps to get to 100. 

I feel the genre would be better to make a game where the story mode gets you to max level, then release an expansion 6 months to a year later to get you a new set of stories to get to 60 etc.

But then I am not a person who likes to get levels just to say I got the levels...

This post was edited by Dreconic at October 24, 2015 12:34 PM PDT
    • 211 posts
    October 24, 2015 11:20 PM PDT

Already posting here again! The best vanilla WoW server around - https://en.nostalrius.org/ - just opened up a PvE server a few days ago. They've had a PvP server which I played on for a bit, but I hate pvp and quit. So I started on this PvE one a couple days ago, much nicer being able to do things without people attacking me all the time.

• 21 posts
    October 25, 2015 8:44 AM PDT

AgentGenX said:

Already posting here again! The best vanilla WoW server around - https://en.nostalrius.org/ - just opened up a PvE server a few days ago. They've had a PvP server which I played on for a bit, but I hate pvp and quit. So I started on this PvE one a couple days ago, much nicer being able to do things without people attacking me all the time.

I'm gonna give it a try, looks like fun.

• 47 posts
    October 27, 2015 2:57 AM PDT

MWO, but it's currently populated by light pilots that leave their brains in the drop ship when we launch. They're too busy being worthless to bother with little things like scouting, suppressing snipers, eliminating missile boats etc. I'm a dedicated Direwolf pilot and currently Tier 1, for what it's worth. Game launching on Steam should make things liven up a bit when all the scru...er...fresh m...erm...new players join in. I have my Ace of Spades title (8 kills in one match out of total 12 enemy players), but I feel a "Deathstar" (12 kills) comming on once Steam brings in the hoard. It'll be like shooting possums dazzeled by headlights! I'll feel a bit guilty, but I'll get over it ;)

• 72 posts
    November 2, 2015 6:40 AM PST

I played ESO heavily during the closed beta and early release ( I missed world first 50 by about 2 hours D: ) but quit shortly after release. It's the only thing I play currently, and by play, I mean log onto once a week. Been waiting for the expansion to drop today so hopefully that'll let me play a bit more. 

Really waiting for that new challenge to come out and grasp my attention though :D

• 154 posts
    November 5, 2015 12:20 PM PST

Final fantasy 14.  Great community, games hard to get into, but most reward. Amazing crafting.

• 39 posts
    November 5, 2015 12:36 PM PST

THE one bad thing about getting into EQ from the start; in comparison I find that there's nothing worth playing these days.  They've all pandered to the 'fantasy outsider, god complex' crowd.  VR should build a game that satisfies those people's needs in an orgasmic fashion to ensure they stay out of our fantasy/community/thinkingGamer world.  Maybe there could be a license.

"Which would you prefer, a flaming nuclear sword longer than you are tall, or a complete set of Bronze armor found in an unexplored cave?"
    - 'Um, the sword'
    "I'm sorry ClownHeadedL33tSnake, you're only licensed to play our secondary product"

I've been flying the A-10C and KA-50 simulators in DCS waiting for Pantheon beta. 

• 409 posts
    November 5, 2015 1:09 PM PST

Taledar said:

Final fantasy 14.  Great community, games hard to get into, but most reward. Amazing crafting.

I really wanted to like FF 14, and it's got a lot of good going on, but you can still solo/facelss PUG your way to max level, even as a marauder/warrior. It's better with groups sure, but the game plays solo really easily. Basically, FF 14 is anime Rift, or Rift is non-anime FF 11, or something.

Not enough to hold my attention for too long. And I say that as long time mega-fan of all FF games since FF2. Like Skyrim/Morrowind being so superior to Elder Scrolls Online, FF is just better in its single player incarnations.

This post was edited by Venjenz at November 5, 2015 1:09 PM PST