Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Lore, Classes, and Races

• 311 posts
    September 27, 2015 9:30 PM PDT

Just wanted to comment on the nice job of all the new additions to the lore, classes and, races. It has been well written and pretty well explaind. Though I am left wondering if there will be more ( maybe found in the game ). All the races and classes have been filled in and a mighty fine job, hope everyone has had a great read like I have.

• 154 posts
    September 27, 2015 9:50 PM PDT

Really enjoyed the lore and race aditions. Getting the class and race informaiton has been something that I thought would be really helpful for the game and general and I have been really impressed by the content. The twists that the team added on the traditional races have been great. I am particularly excited about the racial background of the gnomes. They are physically sized as gnomes with some of the racial traits we associate with gnomes are there but they are more mysterious with an amazing back story. Even the dwarves have a nice twist by making them more racially iced based. I have actually been looking for a chance to post some more detailed thoughts on the some of the lore that has come out.

• 724 posts
    September 28, 2015 12:07 AM PDT

Agree, really liking the design on the new site. Now the one thing we're missing is a table of possible race/class combinations (unless the game will allow all/all). Maybe not all decided yet...

• 154 posts
    September 28, 2015 8:26 AM PDT
    Sarim said:

Agree, really liking the design on the new site. Now the one thing we're missing is a table of possible race/class combinations (unless the game will allow all/all). Maybe not all decided yet...

This has been something I was wondering about. I think there are some pretty clear ones like I would imagine the gnomes will be able to be Wizards and so forth but that the actual racial limitations will probably come out closer to Beta.

• VR Staff
    • 246 posts
    September 28, 2015 8:38 AM PDT

Hey all, the racial/class options will be forthcoming. Because it is so vital, we are being very careful when considering the marriages between each side. From that it's probably pretty clear that each race will not have the full slate of classes available. We think that differentiators make a game stronger, similarly to classes being truly valuable and unique.

When the list of classes by race is released, it will of course be tentative to some degree, but nonetheless we want to give our best effort on nailing it up front. Thank you all for your patience with these details, and glad you're enjoying the info so far!

This post was edited by Istuulamae at September 30, 2015 11:09 PM PDT
    • VR Staff
    • 587 posts
    September 28, 2015 1:57 PM PDT

btw, big congrats to Istuulamae !!!!!!!!

Incredible job on the lore -- so happy to be able to release it -- I think it's going to set a new standard!

We'll have more Class info in the near future.

Beyond that, bits and pieces, of course, but we also have to balance the desire to see the backstory and lore with the fact that most of it should be discovered in-game.

• 16 posts
    September 30, 2015 8:09 PM PDT

The lore is very well written. Thanks for the great story telling. I have high hopes that each race would be able to survive with its own group of adventurers. It only makes sense that for instance, a gnome hunting party would have some sort of tank, heal/support, and dps. From my perspective, it would allow me to choose my race to play, and I would have a valued role in most pickup or guild groups with the class I have alot of fun playing.