Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Virtual Practicality, Harmony and Diversity

• 106 posts
    September 18, 2015 2:59 AM PDT

I believe what brings players into a virtual world is the practicality of such worlds. Sure I can go out and play paintball but it is more practical to play counterstrike and in most areas counterstrike is better than paintball. I can go out and buy a luxury sports car but its more practical to own it in gta 5. A game must have all the bells and whistles to be great but it must also remain practical. Also games shouldn't focus on creating equality, because when you strive for equality you sacrifice diversity. A game should be ripe with diversity and harmony not incest and monogamy.  If you want to improve the gaming experience make the game more practical and more diverse. A more practical and diverse grouping system, social system, combat system, camera system, A.I, skill/spell system. Pretty much just think of any game component and ponder how it could be more practical and more diverse. Simplicity is not synonymous with practicality. Windows 8 might be simple but it is a an impractical peace of dog crap and reminds me of the current mmo market. I would rather have to take some time to learn how a diverse system works than to have simple system that is annoyingly impractical. A new MMO makes perfect sense because  there is always new features to add and old features to improve. And I am very excited to see what visionary realms has in store for us in this new iteration.    

This post was edited by munge at September 18, 2015 3:03 AM PDT
    • 338 posts
    September 18, 2015 5:18 AM PDT

You say more diverse systems but don't give any examples that relate directly to mmo's so not really sure what you're meaning.

Kiz~