Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Rest Area

• 1095 posts
    October 25, 2017 5:04 PM PDT

This ties into bind point locations not just for Cities but rest areas like in Darksouls. The upkeep on what Aradune and I were talking about would require it to be in a ceetain state to be bindable, for certain classes.

This post was edited by Aich at October 25, 2017 5:07 PM PDT
    • 1921 posts
    October 25, 2017 5:17 PM PDT

Zeem said:

This ties into bind point locations not just for Cities but rest areas like in Darksouls. The upkeep on what Aradune and I were talking about would require it to be in a ceetain state to be bindable, for certain classes.

When you say "in a certain state" do you mean something like... not an area of active conflict? or... upgraded via quest/crafting/event type of "state" ?

• 1095 posts
    October 25, 2017 5:20 PM PDT

vjek said:

Zeem said:

When you say "in a certain state" do you mean something like... not an area of active conflict? or... upgraded via quest/crafting/event type of "state" ?

Camp state, in ruins versus being upkept by players. 

Basically providing supplies liek firewood, maybe supplies for a vendor. The gys could take a quest for fish and give our a fish based food for sale. 

Magical oriented peopel could provide mana to make a respit in a certain enviroment for those not having the correct resists.

Lots options

See previous post in this thread.

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/2092/rest-area/view/post_id/36830

This post was edited by Aich at October 25, 2017 5:23 PM PDT
    • 454 posts
    October 26, 2017 1:40 PM PDT

I really like the ...build a campfire thing.  I would use it as a base to rest up, but the fire would pull some mobs because it shows where players are.  Possibly pulling mobs from farther away because now you’re visible.  The campfire would only last maybe five minutes?  As another idea could you throw your torch to light the way in some of these great dark dungeons.  Say once a torch is thrown it couldn’t be picked up again.

• 1281 posts
    October 26, 2017 7:53 PM PDT

In EQ, there were some nice, out of the way, places to hang out and "relax".  One of my favorite was The Tiger's Roar in Highpass.  There wwere alot of these type of "abandoned buildings" scattered around for some "hang out time".  It was cool.  Sometimes we used them for guild meetings since there weren't guild halls.

• 3016 posts
    October 28, 2017 10:30 AM PDT

Reminds me of the tavern idea that was originally put forward during Vanguard beta.   Like minded people meet up there,  there were  supposed to be mini games you could play while waiting for the rest of the group to arrive.    I don't want to see "rested exps" ala Wow,  however,  but something that cures your disease, or poisoning as you come in the door,  would be cool, kind of along the lines of the cantinas in SWG.

• 334 posts
    October 29, 2017 1:18 PM PDT

EQ campfire mechanic should not necessarely be limited to the player\group planting it. Though not all advantages of it.
    forraging magic mushrooms would then pass time too quickly. gathering firewood to activate the rest area?