Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Your Pantheon environment wish list

• 8 posts
    December 6, 2017 3:46 AM PST

Celandor said:

My biggest wish wouldn't be for a specific environment so much as environments which make sense.

That means I want geography which has roads and trails that actually lead to something and make turns because of landmarks, trees, etc... and not random wiggles.   I want streams that lead into ponds and lakes.  NPCs, buildings and villages should feel like they exist in their location for some reason.  The world should feel logical and not random.

The environment should feel that is some history and there should be some mobile NPCs who seem to be carrying out their own activities or even quests.  I'm not talking about random wandering mobs pulling a wagon, but NPCs with names like Tundra Jack and Karg Icebear and giant polar bear companions who seem to be on a mission or exist in the world with some purpose.

So far as a favourite ecosystem or mood invoking places to explore, I'm a big fan of really ancient forests.  I want forests where I'll find ancient ruins covered in vines, runes etched into fallen archways, dangerous creatures behind any tree, hidden caves which are all but concealed by trees and undergrowth, small camps of friends and foes and deep lore oozing from every pore.   I want the possibility of being ambushed by sentient mobs or a jungle cat who is simply defending its lair.

Most of all I want the outdoor zones to feel expansive.   I want the opportunity to get completely lost and find myself frightened as the sun goes down.

Yep. Exactly that.