Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Alpha/Beta @ what point did you know ?

• 781 posts
    August 2, 2015 6:07 PM PDT

I beta tested Rift and Wildstar.  To watch global chat during these times is crazy as people take the time to slam the game during the testing rather then contribute positive feedback. 

• 9115 posts
    August 2, 2015 7:24 PM PDT
    Kelem said:

I beta tested Rift and Wildstar.  To watch global chat during these times is crazy as people take the time to slam the game during the testing rather then contribute positive feedback. 

Yes, this is the big problem we face, so many other companies have used their games as a means to make money during alpha and beta testing, whereas we will legitimately be testing our unfinished and unpolished game during alpha and beta and with everyone's help, be able to pick up and squash as many bugs as possible before release.

Any reviews/critiques of our game in such early development and testing phases will be from people who obviously aren't serious or are not a credible media source, so we can just simply ignore them and concentrate on you guys and making this game as good as it can possibly be for all of us who are serious about it to enjoy! :)

• 81 posts
    August 14, 2015 9:32 AM PDT

I think a lot of todays gamers get into beta with the mindset of using that beta to learn what they need to do to be the first person to do it when it goes live. Its all about the race which I can understand everything now days about mmos is a race to the top and a race for first kills. In all the beta's I have done it has been a mix of both. Some I have raced and some I have actually tested. That is why I think when beta tests are done in chunks its better for the players who are testing and better for devs to get feedback. If you just open up a beta test with max level and just let people run wild most will do just that. The idea that someone else posted also about testing classes you most likely wont play at launch is also another way to avoid burn out. For me personally it just comes down to mind set. Beta is for testing and polishing and reminding myself of that is key.