Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

I need game suggestions

• 453 posts
    May 17, 2015 7:00 AM PDT

I am looking for something to play to pass the time until Pantheon goes alpha. I would like something that is playable offline but similar to EQ/VG or even Skyrim. I would like combat to be more like EQ and not skill based in the way a FPS is and also would like it playable using just a computer keyboard (no controllers needed ) . Any suggestions ?

Thanks much ;)

• 43 posts
    May 17, 2015 2:24 PM PDT

That one is easy unless you've played it already!

Dragon Age: Inquisition.

It's either strategic combat or action-combat or you can mix the 2. I alternate between the 2 depending on what type of difficulty the fight is.

I think you can play it offline. It does connect me every time, but, I don't think you have to have it connected. I haven't tried to play without a connection.

• 158 posts
    May 19, 2015 9:48 PM PDT

I would suggest dragon age origins over inquisition if you haven't played that it is probably my favorite rpg to come out since it released. Inquisition isn't bad but as far as I am concerned origins is better in every way (combat depends on if you like more action oriented combat).

Other than that, since you mentioned skyrim you may want to look at the older entries in the elder scrolls series, specifically morrowind and oblivion (I favor morrowind but again the combat can break it for some people because it heavily stat based unlike oblivion and skyrim. It is also probably worth mentioning the witcher series of games since the 3rd game just came out. The second and third games are slightly more skill oriented (timed blocks and dodges) but are still heavy rpg games and the first game is slightly less so than the sequels.

Hopefully at least one of those is helpful.

This post was edited by Mephiles at May 23, 2015 10:59 AM PDT