Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Monti... I miss your beard

• 163 posts
    April 16, 2015 7:38 PM PDT

@ Monti

I miss watching your stream on twitch, I know you're pretty busy as of late though. I did take your advice and made the transition from blender to Maya/Mudbox and I'm pretty happy with the outcome. 

Here's a set of pillars I was working on tonight and was hoping for your feedback, as usual.

Thanks!

Gadgets

This post was edited by Gadgets at April 18, 2015 8:22 AM PDT
    • 25 posts
    April 17, 2015 6:09 AM PDT

Bring the streams back. I've been itching so bad since they went away.

• 63 posts
    April 17, 2015 3:50 PM PDT

It looks like you are making some very solid progress Gadgets. I am glad you are enjoying Maya and Mudbox, be sure you update to 2016, they both just released this week. The new Maya interface is very nice! I also have a nice set of brushes you can make in Mudbox that add some great functionality, similar to what you may find in a few Zbrush brushes- http://www.neilblevins.com/cg_education/zbrush_brushes_in_mudbox/zbrush_brushes_in_mudbox.htm

Keep an eye on your inbox for some critique.

• 163 posts
    April 17, 2015 6:53 PM PDT

@Monti,

It wouldn't let me reply to your PM, but all the information and time that you took to write me back is very much appreciated. I will explore some of these additional techniques and hopefully grow my skill set. I've got some free time and a new rig now, so I hope to be refining some of my works.

See you next time you go live!

• 154 posts
    April 18, 2015 9:21 AM PDT

Looking Good Gadgets and Monty is the best!