Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Who is ready for Game of Thrones season 5 tomarrow?

• 308 posts
    April 11, 2015 8:41 PM PDT

I am excited for The new Season of GOT starting tomarrow, how about you?

what is your favorite GOT quote?

Here is mine from Ned Stark:

"You think my life is some precious thing to me? That I would trade my honor for a few more years of … of what? You grew up with actors; you learned their craft and you learned it well. But I grew up with soldiers. I learned how to die a long time ago."

• 9115 posts
    April 11, 2015 9:45 PM PDT

Really looking forward to it mate :)

• 6 posts
    April 11, 2015 10:33 PM PDT

Got to wait until Monday night as Sky refuse to show it on release day. And guess who is working late shift monday so will probably have to wait until Tuesday so me and the good lady can watch together. Can't wait :)

• 9115 posts
    April 11, 2015 10:35 PM PDT
    kallafon said:

Got to wait until Monday night as Sky refuse to show it on release day. And guess who is working late shift monday so will probably have to wait until Tuesday so me and the good lady can watch together. Can't wait :)

I can relate with you mate, being in Australia we have to obtain it via "other" means on or around Tuesday, so I have to basically avoid the internet for 2 whole days to save myself from seeing any spoilers lol

• 308 posts
    April 12, 2015 3:42 AM PDT

i also dont get to see it on release day. i work 3rd shift so the new episode is starting as soon as my shift does. i get to watch it early monday morning when i get off work.

This post was edited by Gawd at April 12, 2015 3:42 AM PDT
    • 112 posts
    April 12, 2015 4:37 AM PDT

Normally... I have gotten into the habit of waiting for a full season to get "available" and then I will watch during work lunches/breaks to have it be more seamless.  But I think I will make the exception this time around and try to watch each episode as available. 

To the comment about avoiding spoilers: ever try avoiding watching trailers to a movie you already know you will go see?  IMO it makes the movie so much more enjoyable.  Been doing it for a few years now with the marvel/hobbit/mainstream movie trailers - also makes the crap the wife wants to go see a little more tolerable since you don't see the one or two funny parts.

• 318 posts
    April 12, 2015 4:45 AM PDT
    Lokkan said:

Normally... I have gotten into the habit of waiting for a full season to get "available" and then I will watch during work lunches/breaks to have it be more seamless.  But I think I will make the exception this time around and try to watch each episode as available. 

To the comment about avoiding spoilers: ever try avoiding watching trailers to a movie you already know you will go see?  IMO it makes the movie so much more enjoyable.  Been doing it for a few years now with the marvel/hobbit/mainstream movie trailers - also makes the crap the wife wants to go see a little more tolerable since you don't see the one or two funny parts.

Yeah I'm with you on the movie trailers spoiling the movie. If it's a movie I don't know anything about, I'll watch the beginning of the trailer, then turn it off after I decide I want to see it.

Anyone who hasn't read the Game of Thrones books, definitely worth reading. Much better than the tv show. Not that I think the tv show is bad. That's just how good the books are.

Also, hopefully no one will post any Game of Thrones spoilers on this site :)

• 112 posts
    April 12, 2015 5:14 AM PDT

agreed on the books being better.  Been trying to get a person at work to read them for months now, they read 24 pages in and claimed it's not interesting >.>

"Read 100 pages, and I will then be accepting your apology for insulting one of the best (if not the best) book series I've ever read."

As for the movies, I literally stopped mid conversation with the wife yesterday when an Avengers trailer came on.  Because I had to plug my ears to avoid listening >.>  ...what, it's a normal thing.

This post was edited by Lokkan at April 12, 2015 5:16 AM PDT
    • 453 posts
    April 12, 2015 11:27 AM PDT

Very much looking forward to watching it tonight ! My favorite show by far. I am just sad that ole Georgy  R R is taking so long between books that the show will in large start departing from the books. I already miss Lady Stoneheart,Patch Face and Coldhands as it is. Who knows though ... maybe it will end up being better because of it ....  

....or not ... 

This post was edited by Jason at April 12, 2015 11:28 AM PDT