Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

things have been kinda quiet

• 87 posts
    March 31, 2015 8:18 PM PDT

I've been wandering around some of the various MMO forums out there and discussion on Pantheon has quieted down quite a bit. Is that good or bad? LOL

• 378 posts
    March 31, 2015 8:39 PM PDT

Heads down bums up 

• 48 posts
    March 31, 2015 10:20 PM PDT

There just hasn't been much info added since the last bit we got. I think we will see a lot here soon with the new unity update and seeing the graphics overhaul. Other than Monty streaming his rock and tree making there hasnt been anything really said recently. I would like to hear some new music or something from joppa as well.

• 9115 posts
    March 31, 2015 10:48 PM PDT
    Keiiek said:

I've been wandering around some of the various MMO forums out there and discussion on Pantheon has quieted down quite a bit. Is that good or bad? LOL

It is good, our work is speaking for itself, we are working extremely hard on a new build and pushing to get something out but in the meantime there will be a bit of downtime between releases.

We are working very hard on some pretty exciting stuff in this new build like Classes and Combat, we posted earlier this year that we intend to slow releases down and concentrate more on quality over quantity in these early stages for such big features and mechanics and that is exactly what the team is doing, once we get something solid to show off we will release it to you guys but in the meantime start conversations, spread the word and tell everyone you know about Pantheon :)

Moved to "Off-Topic" since this relates to "Other sites" speaking about Pantheon.

• 2138 posts
    April 1, 2015 7:16 PM PDT

Find/use/ressurect black mesa? (there WAS cake!)

• 201 posts
    April 2, 2015 6:10 AM PDT
    Manouk said:

Find/use/ressurect black mesa? (there WAS cake!)

So it wasn't a lie?

• 88 posts
    April 2, 2015 9:00 PM PDT

I've been quiet and lurking and not being cooped up due to cold weather has me doing more stuff outside :P

It will be like this on and off for a while yet.

• 308 posts
    April 3, 2015 2:26 PM PDT

yeah when someone logs in and discovers a new dev update we will have vigorous rounds of discussion dissecting every word and phrase. and loudly lauding the things we like while hollering about things we may not like so much.

• 48 posts
    April 3, 2015 6:46 PM PDT
    Kilsin said:
    Keiiek said:

It is good, our work is speaking for itself, we are working extremely hard on a new build and pushing to get something out but in the meantime there will be a bit of downtime between releases.

We are working very hard on some pretty exciting stuff in this new build like Classes and Combat, we posted earlier this year that we intend to slow releases down and concentrate more on quality over quantity in these early stages for such big features and mechanics and that is exactly what the team is doing, once we get something solid to show off we will release it to you guys but in the meantime start conversations, spread the word and tell everyone you know about Pantheon :)

Moved to "Off-Topic" since this relates to "Other sites" speaking about Pantheon.

This is good. As long as you all can blow our socks off on each release then it will be well worth the wait!

• 9115 posts
    April 3, 2015 10:23 PM PDT
    Docka said:
    Kilsin said:
    Keiiek said:

This is good. As long as you all can blow our socks off on each release then it will be well worth the wait!

I am not sure about "blowing anyones socks off" as each person has a different level of expectation and our main goal and focus at the moment is to create a solid base to build on for Alpha, which the team is doing a great job of as we speak!

We really hope everyone enjoys our releases but we also need to manage expectations, we are a small but very talented and dedicated team working on a game that we all want to play too, so with the added passion involved we hope that everyone enjoys them as much as the team enjoys making them and putting all the hard work in.

Big features and mechanics like Races, Classes and Combat cannot be rushed though, so it may take a little bit longer before we release something again but don't let that fool you into thinking that we are not all working very hard just because nothing is being posted ;)

• 154 posts
    April 4, 2015 8:29 PM PDT
    Kilsin said:

I am not sure about "blowing anyones socks off" as each person has a different level of expectation and our main goal and focus at the moment is to create a solid base to build on for Alpha, which the team is doing a great job of as we speak!

We really hope everyone enjoys our releases but we also need to manage expectations, we are a small but very talented and dedicated team working on a game that we all want to play too, so with the added passion involved we hope that everyone enjoys them as much as the team enjoys making them and putting all the hard work in.

Big features and mechanics like Races, Classes and Combat cannot be rushed though, so it may take a little bit longer before we release something again but don't let that fool you into thinking that we are not all working very hard just because nothing is being posted ;)

I actually think all the streaming Joppa and Monty have been doing keep everyone pretty confident there is a lot of hard work going on behind the scenes. As for blowing my socks off I am going to make sure Im wearing some just to give you guys the chance. ;)

• 9115 posts
    April 4, 2015 8:35 PM PDT
    cram9030 said:
    Kilsin said:

I actually think all the streaming Joppa and Monty have been doing keep everyone pretty confident there is a lot of hard work going on behind the scenes. As for blowing my socks off I am going to make sure Im wearing some just to give you guys the chance. ;)

I agree mate, John and Chris have been awesome keeping the community engaged with their Streams, I love watching them too!

Always best to be prepared, just incase ;)