Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Added Camera option

• 106 posts
    March 23, 2015 12:42 PM PDT

I would like to propose that we add a new camera option that gives you a 3rd person perspective but has 1st person camera control. Traditional 3rd person camera moves up and down in elevation when you look up and down. It would be nice if the camera stayed the same height as your character when you look up and down. I like to view my character from a first person perspective and to do this i am forced to multi box. 

• 3016 posts
    March 23, 2015 12:45 PM PDT
    munge said:

I would like to propose that we add a new camera option that gives you a 3rd person perspective but has 1st person camera control. Traditional 3rd person camera moves up and down in elevation when you look up and down. It would be nice if the camera stayed the same height as your character when you look up and down. I like to view my character from a first person perspective and to do this i am forced to multi box. 

Mouse wheel accomplishes first or  third person these days...unless you are using another platform?

• 106 posts
    March 23, 2015 1:04 PM PDT

What game has that? cuz i wanna play it lol. Im currently playing everquest and when i mouse wheel into 3rd person it doesn't seem to matter what buttons i press. In 3rd person view my characters head is always the focal point right dead center of my screen. I like taking screenshots of my toons from first person perspective because it lets me choose the focal point and makes the photos more better.

This post was edited by munge at March 23, 2015 1:27 PM PDT
    • 14 posts
    March 23, 2015 2:56 PM PDT
    munge said:

What game has that? cuz i wanna play it lol. 

Well here u go, this has all the camera options that u have been looking for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7zoVIsIT2A

• 201 posts
    March 24, 2015 6:12 AM PDT

I don't remember the third person in EQ being that big of an issue.

But as Wester posted,  BI entertainment did a good job with the cameras in the Arma series.