Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Stats/log book tab

• 132 posts
    February 1, 2015 6:08 AM PST

This an idea I've had for many many years.
    Ive always wanted a more expanded stats/log book tab when I look at my character.

To be more specific, I want a logbook where I can see all monsters Ive ever killed and how many:

Example:
    * Skeleton (24)
    * Aradune (1)
    * Kilsin The Great (1)
    etc.

You could also list all the zones you have been in:
    Example:
    * The City
    * Evil Dungeon
    * Tower of Gods
    Etc.

and of course all completed quests:
    * Welcome to Terminus
    * Sage of the Bear
    etc.

Its not really achievements, but you could skip all the progression achievements and have this logbook instead and only have achievements that actually matter and are super hard.

A kind of example of a list is in the game Dungeon Hack.

This post was edited by sajbear at February 3, 2015 5:26 AM PST
    • 9115 posts
    February 1, 2015 6:47 AM PST
    sajbear said:

This an idea I've had for many many years.
    Ive always wanted a more expanded stats/log book tab when I look at my character.

To be more specific, I want a logbook where I can see all monsters Ive ever killed and how many:

Example:
    * Skeleton (24)
    * Aradune (1)
    * Kilsin The Great (1)
    etc.

You could also list all the zones you have been in:
    Example:
    * The City
    * Evil Dungeon
    * Tower of Gods
    Etc.

and of course all completed quests:
    * Welcome to Terminus
    * Sage of the Bear
    etc.

Its not really achievements, but you could skip all the progression achievements and have this logbook instead and only have achievements that actually matter and are super hard.

A kind of example of a list is in the game Dungeon Hack.

I'm not sure who this "Kilsin the Great" character is but let me at him! ;)

I like this idea, it kind of goes hand in hand with a diary or sorts to make your own notes and keep a log of everything you do and have encountered along your journey.

Nice job mate, I would love to hear more on this.

• 132 posts
    February 1, 2015 6:50 AM PST

I hope Joppa, Brad and the other guys from the team take notice ^^

• 76 posts
    February 1, 2015 7:10 AM PST

This might be doable with some UI work even if its not built into Pantheon , depending on how much info they're letting us look at.

• 366 posts
    February 1, 2015 7:30 AM PST

So overall I love seeing my stats listed - especially my deaths I find it funny. I like sajbear's idea better than an achievement system too.

This game will have way more information than Dungeon Hack. EQ2 and WoW currently do that now through the achievement systems, but they were not there from the beginning and because of that not all information is recorded properly. Their achievement pages are so long that they have pages of information.   I say if it is implemented it needs to be implemented from the start and not change the way eq2 and wow did because, well I don't like looking at pages where I know I did x, but  my pages say I did not.  The problem with this is this will take develpoment time, and I am not sure they have the time to devote to this before launch.

This post was edited by Zarriya at February 2, 2015 8:02 AM PST
    • 308 posts
    February 1, 2015 7:58 AM PST

first mobs i want on my kill list are "Kilsin the great" and "Braid Mcquaid" (and yes the NPC i get to name will be named Braid and he will be some kind of merchant NPC selling neat things)

• 132 posts
    February 1, 2015 8:15 AM PST
    Zarriya said:

So overall I love seeing my stats listed - especially my deaths I find it funny. I like sajbear's idea better than an achievement system too.

I want this log book AND achievements, but achievements that matters :) I think achievements and a log book could complement each other very nicely.

• 999 posts
    February 1, 2015 11:40 AM PST
    I like the idea Sajbear, like Kilsin said, I would like to see an adventurer's journal. Perhaps have obtaining the journal as one of the first newbie quests. And as you progress through the world, you can log all sorts of information, beastiary, item drops, notable NPCs, completed quests major cities, trading posts, tradeskill information, points of interest (like... a gravestone that appears to start a quest but you can't quite figure it out yet), etc.

And perhaps after killing a mob X number of times or after finding the weaknesses etc, the beastiary will flesh out to almost create an in-game type ZAM type network instead of everyone jumping on external resources. The completionist (anal side) that I have would like a system like this.

To me, this would be in line with an achievement type system, but more in line with Pantheon's vision as The Adventurer's Journal could have more roleplaying elements included with it and not some fluff titles or rewards.
    • 432 posts
    February 2, 2015 2:50 AM PST
    Kilsin said:

I like this idea, it kind of goes hand in hand with a diary or sorts to make your own notes and keep a log of everything you do and have encountered along your journey.

Ah yes, a diary !

An excellent idea. A diary is nicely fitting in the philospohy where it's the journey and the companions who shared it that matter.

For instance in Lotro I was using the commentary section of the friend's tab to note where, when and how I met the person. This allows me to remember even years later the good old times and friends.

I think that if I could have a diary of my first 2 years of EQ, it would be a collector item - a valuable part of my virtual life :)

Definitely a great idea !

• 311 posts
    February 2, 2015 4:03 PM PST

I am good with having a diary with named mobs killed and where I've been so I may find new places.