Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

/corpse and other must have commands

• 453 posts
    January 6, 2015 3:45 PM PST

What are some of the "must have" commands you hope to see in Pantheon ? Having a /corpse command you can hotkey would be a good one for corpse dragging of course which existed in both EQ and VG. VG had a unique one /rope which allowed you to toss a rope down to people who couldn't quite make it up a giant stair or such and then pull them up to you. A lot of people I played with didn't know about that one. Emotes, while not "necessary" for gameplay help make the game a lot more fun for me. I always charged into battle with /warcry hotkeyed or used /stomp when the only tank went linkdead. 

Most games have /sit and /camp and some even have /lay for laying down on beds in game, something I often had to use feign death for in most games to achieve lol. 

What are some must have commands and/or macros that you can think of ? 

• 453 posts
    January 6, 2015 3:48 PM PST

Now that I think of it I think the one I used most was /exit  . This instantly closes the game program entirely but usually if you are in combat or have some kind of aggro then you in effect stay in game a few seconds so that it cannot be exploited. 

• VR Staff
    • 50 posts
    January 6, 2015 4:13 PM PST
    I tend to use search or query commands a lot to see who is online or in my current zone. Of course, those commands were needed in FFXI because it had a very simple LFG feature. Even if Pantheon has a robust LFG system, I would still like to be able to run search commands from the console window.

• 3 posts
    January 6, 2015 4:17 PM PST
    Used /anon a lot as a cleric to hide myself from searches.... So many tells for rezzes. Felt like an a-hole when I first started to use it but it was nice not getting a tell every 15mins.
    • 453 posts
    January 6, 2015 4:41 PM PST
    Zoeii said:
    I tend to use search or query commands a lot to see who is online or in my current zone. Of course, those commands were needed in FFXI because it had a very simple LFG feature. Even if Pantheon has a robust LFG system, I would still like to be able to run search commands from the console window.

hahaha I have similar memories and did the same on my Druid when EQ was still young, people begging for a taxi ride LOL

• 208 posts
    January 6, 2015 4:47 PM PST

on my monk I had a macro of /dance /hug /feign death with appropriate pauses.  Between those I had group says or says of "do a little dance, give a little love.. get down tonight!"   It really brought out my personality to the monk class I played oh so much in EQ...I was kinda known as the groovy monk..

• 753 posts
    January 6, 2015 5:08 PM PST

I liked the modifiers you could put on group say, raid say, etc... things like:

/g Incoming, one %T, get ready!

There were actually a fairly rich set of them so that you could have automated messages that made sense - and then attach them in a macro to a command or whatever.

• 453 posts
    January 6, 2015 5:14 PM PST
    Wandidar said:

I liked the modifiers you could put on group say, raid say, etc... things like:

/g Incoming, one %T, get ready!

There were actually a fairly rich set of them so that you could have automated messages that made sense - and then attach them in a macro to a command or whatever.

Something I thought was funny is in EQ1 I did this exact thing and would have incoming messages for the group for stuff I pulled. People who slowed and debuffed in EQ1 would also typically make such messages to send to the groups . But then ... EQ2 and other games came out and I would use the same kind of messages and people would be like why are you spamming that crap to the group ?!? LOL 

• 753 posts
    January 6, 2015 5:31 PM PST

I think knowing what was coming in EQ just mattered more.  Was it a caster?  Was it a healer?  Did it run when it got low on health?  It was useful to know that before a mob got to the group - maybe you would sit down quick and swap out a spell for example... because remember, you had EIGHT spells out of your whole book on your bar - while in EQ2, etc... you could have all of your spells up.

Also - in later games (including EQ2) - people just didn't really care what was coming... because killing it was usually a foregone conclusion - which was NOT the case in EQ.

• 9115 posts
    January 6, 2015 6:36 PM PST

I really liked the macro system in VG for groups/raids and classes. I used to have many macros set up to send a /tell to the main tank when I was forcing a small duration of 100% crits on them as they engaged to help with aggro and alerting my group/raid to the fact that i bit off more than I could chew and was wiping my aggro completely, so look out for a stray mob etc.

Also macros like /targetauto "name", /assistoffensive, /say Utaalk Ataraav Utkin, /group INCOMMING %to, /raid Poisoned G1 etc They were not only fun to create but helped communicate a range of things to people who you were not in a chat client with, it was very handy.

• 378 posts
    January 6, 2015 7:00 PM PST

/Beer

• 753 posts
    January 6, 2015 9:24 PM PST

Oh... /loc

Probably the single most used command by me before in game maps.  I sorta hope they do away with in game maps but I know they won't.  Reason being, I think they make the world feel smaller because you don't have to spend time learning an area - you just need to look at the map.

But in any event - /LOC

This post was edited by Wandidar at January 8, 2015 5:48 PM PST
    • 3016 posts
    January 6, 2015 11:15 PM PST

I "must" have...a /moon command  (stole this from Anarchy Online)  it's my fave.  lol   And I used it a lot in pvp, but it could be used in pve too. :)

• 3016 posts
    January 6, 2015 11:17 PM PST
    Verant said:
    Used /anon a lot as a cleric to hide myself from searches.... So many tells for rezzes. Felt like an a-hole when I first started to use it but it was nice not getting a tell every 15mins.

Did that as a wizzy when I didn't feel like getting tells for ports ...usually when I was busy questing. :)  /anon  and or /roleplay was another.

• 3 posts
    January 7, 2015 12:42 AM PST
    Ah yeah /role still allowed your guild tag.

I do truly miss having macros for things people were doing in the group such as pulls, heals, cc, debuffing, etc. I think it become a very important part of communication in groups due to the fact that the mobs were tough as hell.

The chat window wasn't just a social tool.. I paid a lot of attention to it to know exactly what was happening.

Enchanters and healers had to know what kind of sh#t storm was coming to be on top of their game. Buffing, Debuffing and CC were insanely helpful.

Ashamed a lot of that was lost to the face roll, button smashing games we see today.
    • 610 posts
    January 7, 2015 4:12 AM PST

Not only were Inc, healing, mezzing and other Macros important to the game...they allowed your personality to shine threw...I played my warrior as a pessimist, so his inc macro read /g Were all going to die and its %t 's fault!"...silly, dumb but it made the character more mine. A good friend had the macro /g I ruined my own lands %t now I'll ruin yours!" again silly and dumb but was endearing and to this day I remember him and his toon even thought we havent  talked or gamed together for a few years. On my bard I loved the /bandolier hotkey. with one macro I could stop my songs, stop auto attack, equip my instrument and start my mez song with a group message thrown in...it was simply brilliant! I also want any and all emotes you can shove into the game...dont really care if there are animations to go with them just the ability to convey a certain sentiment at a certain time...if that makes sense

• 753 posts
    January 7, 2015 5:50 AM PST

Canadina - I had a friend I gamed with for years... whenever we ran into each other, it was customary to greet each other with /moon or /rude (or sometimes something else for variety - like /golfclap)

Silly - but it amused us.  In short, it was customary to insult each other as much as possible.  I think I started it one day when he first got a mount, and I said "Oh look, a horse with 2 asses - one behind the saddle, and one in the saddle"

:) 

• 14 posts
    January 7, 2015 7:34 AM PST

/who

• 753 posts
    January 7, 2015 7:52 AM PST
    Westermann said:

/who

Ahh yes, /who.

Not just /who though.  I want to be able to do this:

/who all 50 Ranger  so that I can find all level 50 rangers, etc...

• 87 posts
    January 7, 2015 8:56 AM PST

Just copy the VG command list and add /pause. I'd be happy with that

• 595 posts
    January 7, 2015 9:22 AM PST
    Keiiek said:

Just copy the VG command list and add /pause. I'd be happy with that

Yea, I loved VG's command list.  It took EQs commands and expanded upon them to add functionality and flavor.  I also miss /rope from VG.  I still try to throw ropes to people on P99 hoping it will magically work >.<

• 311 posts
    January 7, 2015 4:56 PM PST

Yes the VG system was awsome. You had /who for the chunk and /who all for the server. /rope was very usful in Trengal Keep by the big spider usually only 1 person could make it up there in the group. there was a macro that said I was interupting a spell to. cause usually casters to busy dpsing than interupt spell and tank usually died so it was required in trinity so we could see the slackers lol.

• 9115 posts
    January 7, 2015 5:08 PM PST

/rope was a very cool slash command that came in very handy as you said Kaz, I used that a lot lol

• 311 posts
    January 7, 2015 6:14 PM PST

Lol yeah have  and necro or disc or monk run in feighn death rope you 20ft then wait for timer get up and do it again a lil farther away until out of agro range then have healer rez ya lol.

• VR Staff
    • 587 posts
    January 7, 2015 6:19 PM PST

most definitely /pizza