Forums » Pantheon Races

Gnomes Next

• 8 posts
    April 9, 2024 4:27 PM PDT

Does this mean gnomes are next?

"The development plan is to fit for the largest race first, then the smallest race (gnome) so that armor fitting is faster for the in-between size races"

Any chance for S4?

• 2052 posts
    April 9, 2024 11:14 PM PDT

Yes, Ogres are the next race to get into the game and Gnomes will be next after them.

As for the timeline, if you are following the production tracker you will get an idea of how long it takes to get Ogres finished and ingame. The timeline for Gnomes would likely be similar.

• 8 posts
    April 10, 2024 8:11 AM PDT

Awesome. I do not see it on the tracker so I assume not but will new races be getting their starting zones as well? Kinda new here sorry for my ignorance if the info is somewhere and thanks for the info so far.

• 2052 posts
    April 10, 2024 4:02 PM PDT

No need to be sorry, we'd all know very little if nobody ever asked questions :)

At release the plan is to have 3 continents, with 3 racial starting areas on each continent. Now we'll likely see the zones of Faerthale (Elves) and Wild's End (Halflings) in the not too terribly distant future and potentially their starting cities, since the one continent we currently have is Reignfall where those 2 racial cities are planned. But the other 6 racial cities that are planned on the other 2 continents are a pretty long ways off. My uninformed guess is for very late Alpha at best, and sometime in Beta more likely. We are currently still in Pre-Alpha.

• 144 posts
    April 19, 2024 3:18 AM PDT

Honestly joth, I wouldn't be surprised if the game came out with just one continent.

Something I wonder is: will they require to restart our characters when ogrrra come out or can we just switch race. Not that this human body is a real annoyance, but their stomach is sooo tiny.

• 2052 posts
    April 19, 2024 2:52 PM PDT

Grobobos said:

Honestly joth, I wouldn't be surprised if the game came out with just one continent.

Something I wonder is: will they require to restart our characters when ogrrra come out or can we just switch race. Not that this human body is a real annoyance, but their stomach is sooo tiny.

It is certainly possible that Panth may have to start with just one continent. I wouldn't expect to hear about that until well thru Alpha. But just yesterday Joppa restated the commitment to separate starting areas for each Race.

As far as switching race of a character, Joppa addressed that in yesterday's stream also. It is very unlikely. VR doesn't often say something is 'absolutely not', but this sounded pretty close to that.

At this point in development, wipes are pretty much unavoidable every now and then, despite VR trying to avoid them. Starting over is something everyone will likely have to do anyway, some number of times, going into the future.

This post was edited by Jothany at April 19, 2024 2:55 PM PDT
    • 261 posts
    April 20, 2024 9:59 PM PDT

When a new race comes along they would want us to test the starting area etc like we have been for humans.

There would also be factions that would be totally different behind the scenes for the races. I would think too much to adjust to make it worth their while to script. We will just need to create new chars and start testing.

• 188 posts
    April 21, 2024 9:29 AM PDT

I think ogres have been coming "soon" since Dec 2023.  So it will take 6 months for the gnome as well?