Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

If it gets a bit too nippy

• 724 posts
    January 18, 2024 12:57 PM PST
    So, because we have environment issues to deal with in the game is there any chance that travelers could be caught in such a cold environment, without proper gear or magic hand warmers, and be frozen? Frozen solid, so that they can't move until they get rescued or choose to respawn?
    It would be exciting to try to take a dangerous path that had risk of freezing to death in place. If your party ran out of Hot Chocolate of Resist Freeing while traversing the Chilly Nips Pass .
    • 1279 posts
    January 18, 2024 2:10 PM PST

Haha.  That implies you could be thawed back to life?  :)  Which I suppose a rez would technically do!
    (Note:  You can already die due to freezing in the game, remember that frozen climate they showed in a stream a while back?  Without proper acclimation you take damage over time till you die)

• 724 posts
    January 18, 2024 3:13 PM PST
    Yup, if you get to zero health taking no other damage but freezing from the environment you could freeze in place, awaiting a rez to defrost.
    I want to walk past a few adventure seekers frozen in mid dance emote and gift them some coin for being creative in their last moments.
    • 1279 posts
    January 18, 2024 3:21 PM PST

Hmmm.  I think if I build a fire right...about....here it'll thaw them. 

OOPS!  I built it too close and burned them back to death.  

• 724 posts
    January 18, 2024 3:26 PM PST
    Haha. Yes, that's the type of legend I wish to be, an incompetent one, but with good intentions.
    • 2045 posts
    January 18, 2024 6:26 PM PST

Not that I wish to encourage the dreaded 'scope creep' monster, but this might be a fun result from having some amount of cold acclimation, but not enough for a particular situation. Anyone entering with none, you just frost up normally until you're dead. Enough, and you pass thru unscathed. Some amount in between, and you just slooooooow down gradually until you are frozen in place. Able to call for help, but unable to use abilities or retreat. With a suitable timer on the frozen state and if you don't get rescued then ultimately you die.