Forums » News and Announcements

Return of the Pantheon MMORPG Q&A

• VR Staff
    • 529 posts
    November 17, 2023 8:43 AM PST

If you were unable to make the live Q&A last night, we have both the recording of the Q&A and the highlights.

Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen is returning to the MMORPG and we would like to share the details of the switch over and answer some community questions. Please find the full recording on YouTube, or if you'd like the TL;DR we are providing the highlights in text format for easy consumption.

Get caught up with the news then join us here on the forums for the discussion!

• 27 posts
    November 18, 2023 10:12 AM PST
    That Q&A session was executed really well, Sav, and I am thrilled for the change in direction and clarification/information provided. In particular, I think a call to action for focus testing within the MMORPG realm will align well with this community.

Also, whoever wrote and or had a hand in writing/proofing this newsletter deserves an extra thank-you. It is extremely well-written in response to community feedback as of late, and succeeds at being both succinct and sincere.

Many thanks to all the VR team who have been working extra hard through the last few months and demonstrating resilience and flexibility. You will never please everyone, but I think this latest letter and Q&A were wonderful examples of course correcting with the core community.
    • 7 posts
    November 19, 2023 5:17 PM PST
    So in the Q&A I'm super excited that it sounds like Alpha testing is starting very soon. In fact, unless I heard it wrong, December 1st. My only concern about this date is that you will be launching alpha testers against WoW: Season of Discovery that releases on November 30th. I desperately want to do both and will have to divide my time, I don't know how this will affect other testers.

-Czar
    • 2048 posts
    November 19, 2023 6:07 PM PST

Balthaazar12 said: So in the Q&A I'm super excited that it sounds like Alpha testing is starting very soon. In fact, unless I heard it wrong, December 1st.

Sorry, that is not correct. Here is the original announcement about that situation:

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/pantheon-returns-to-the-mmorpg-format/

"available around the clock to pledges with the Pre-Alpha access perk. Alpha pledges will be invited to play 24-hour sessions starting in December and continuing into next year, schedule to be announced"

• 3852 posts
    November 20, 2023 4:57 AM PST
    As Jothany says - this is billed as playing not testing and is access to the pre-alpha universe as an effort at damage control after the 247 non-starter.
    • 12 posts
    November 20, 2023 6:03 AM PST

December is only 11 days away, I look forward to the confirmation of the Alpha date. Im trying to work my schedule around December 1st but for now this currently seems to be the unconfirmed date.

• 32 posts
    November 22, 2023 8:14 AM PST
    Ya know, all the titles around this saying pantheon is "returning" to the MMO format really makes me think they planned to pivot fully to some abomination like 247 until the backlash. Maybe just me, very possible I'm reading too much into it, my faith and trust in VR is basically non existent at this point, but it's kinda weird how they keep referring to it as if it's a big switch in what the game is meant to be. Hopefully they show us some real progress on the MMO soon and maybe the sessions in December for champions will restore my faith.
    • 2 posts
    December 1, 2023 1:14 AM PST
    How are they deciding who gets alpha invite? I pledged years and years ago enough to get alpha and beta access back then and have t heard anything on it. Will I receive an email? Sorry if this is the wrong place to post or respond about this but I can’t seem to navigate my way around these forum pages
    • 902 posts
    December 1, 2023 1:24 AM PST
    Delete please...
    This post was edited by chenzeme at December 1, 2023 1:24 AM PST
    • VR Staff
    • 529 posts
    December 1, 2023 6:31 AM PST

Drexx said: How are they deciding who gets alpha invite? I pledged years and years ago enough to get alpha and beta access back then and have t heard anything on it. Will I receive an email? Sorry if this is the wrong place to post or respond about this but I can’t seem to navigate my way around these forum pages

All alpha eligible pledges will be invited.

• 3852 posts
    December 1, 2023 7:39 AM PST
    Can you respond to the other half of the question? How notifications will go out.
    • 902 posts
    December 1, 2023 9:38 AM PST

From the main site. Dorotea:
    How will alpha pledges be notified of the test session.

Announcement and directions will go out via email. Announcements will also go up on the official forums and Discord server.