Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

HDRP and new Graphics Style

• 1404 posts
    November 4, 2023 9:05 PM PDT
    Does anybody know if the HDRP system even applies to this new graphics, or was all that a waste of time?
    • 185 posts
    November 5, 2023 1:07 AM PDT
    All of the in depth producers videos focusing on showing off graphical assets for the game were actually just showing “Placeholder” graphics.
    This wasn't until they had a chance to, in their words, really sit down and ask themselves, what do we Really want Pantheon Rise of the Fallen to Really look like? I mean REEEALLY look like?
    And it was only at that point they decided they want the game to look like a dog vomited on the screen.

This post was edited by lotuss79 at November 5, 2023 1:10 AM PDT
    • 3852 posts
    November 5, 2023 6:40 AM PST
    Selfish lotuss79, so selfish. Worried about us and the game. Focus on the important things in life. How is the sick dog doing?
    • 185 posts
    November 5, 2023 9:45 AM PST
    No confirmation on how the dog got sick Dorotea. Though gross negligence (and possible foul play) is suspected.

We should know in a few months if he'll pull though.

Ill pass along your best wishes for a speedy recovery.
    • 1404 posts
    November 5, 2023 1:46 PM PST
    Hope to hear your dog pulls through, but I don’t really see what any of this has to do with the HDRP.
    • 185 posts
    November 5, 2023 3:38 PM PST
    I should be more specific, they absolutely do not need a high definition render pipeline for what they are putting out now.
    Your assumption is correct. It was a complete waste of time if they stick with the new art style.
    They may try and insist that it was still worth it, buy nope.
    • 80 posts
    November 5, 2023 4:30 PM PST
    lotuss79 said:
    All of the in depth producers videos focusing on showing off graphical assets for the game were actually just showing “Placeholder” graphics.
    This wasn't until they had a chance to, in their words, really sit down and ask themselves, what do we Really want Pantheon Rise of the Fallen to Really look like? I mean REEEALLY look like?
    And it was only at that point they decided they want the game to look like a dog vomited on the screen.
    • 1404 posts
    November 5, 2023 4:50 PM PST
    That’s what I thought, not a lot “high definition” about the graphics they are using.
    I find this disturbing, not only due to the waste of time, that I could accept. But in the general, what appears to me as dishonesty of VR.
    Cartoony graphics are available in the unity store, had Brad considered cartoony they would have used them. Joppa is the WoW cartoony fan, not Brad (common knowledge, not speculation, they have said as much) So Brad choose to start with realistic, they worked the HDRP for the realistic. They claim performance issues, yet I’ve seen several Cohn Carnage videos with pre alpha testers in game and absolutely zero performance problems.
    I’m of the opinion (and have been since before the graphic and 247 announcement) they are no longer building Brads vision, They are building Joppas, and they aren’t the same.
    • 185 posts
    November 5, 2023 6:23 PM PST
    Thats interesting. I had not read anywhere that Joppa was more for the cartoony look vs Brad.
    That would obviously explain a lot and unfortunately make this even more of a betrayal.
    imo the new art style is inexcusably bad. And the reasons given for it are clearly not true.
    I have also seen the game with hundreds of players in the same zone and no performance issues.
    None of this passes the smell test.
    What horrific mismanagement.
    • 1019 posts
    November 5, 2023 6:46 PM PST
    HDRP no longer needed. Switch to dog vomit graphics probably due to no one knew how to get HDRP to work properly and was taking too long.
    • 1404 posts
    November 5, 2023 9:38 PM PST
    Kittik said:
    HDRP no longer needed. Switch to dog vomit graphics probably due to no one knew how to get HDRP to work properly and was taking too long.

Well I understood they got it working, and it’s a default solution within Unity so they should have had support getting it working. And then months of “converting assets to use HDRP” and now HDRP is not even needed.
    I don’t know, I’m just at a loss for all this, from what I bought into “I don’t want to build games, I want to build Worlds “ to what we have now that is destined to be a another free to play blah, blah that I won’t even download.