Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

To the staff at Visionary Realms

This topic has been closed.
    • 727 posts
    October 30, 2023 2:45 PM PDT
    To the staff at VR

Ignore the haters and do your thing.

This is a post to buck up the spirits of the staff. If you have nothing nice to say please don't add to this thread, you can do that anywhere else.

Throughout history the people that aim high and take on challenging endeavors are attacked. I recall the story of the physician who suggested* that surgeons wash their hands before examining or working on patients, he was mocked and thrown out of medical organizations, dieing without ever getting the recognition he deserved.
    Basically every woman that stood firm and entered the realms of a "mans job" had vitriol aimed her way by bitter and lesser men.
    Here is a short list from a Google search of examples of people being right when others thought they were foolish. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.insider.com/inventions-that-were-ridiculed-2016-8%3famp />

Inventions of major caliber that were ridiculed.

Keep going.

You have used the funds admirably and with great care. We know this because we have seen scammers before, and they do not behave like you and the team. You are precise and think hard about what you say and do. The terms were clear to me and to many others, you owe me nothing. You should be proud of yourself, you have made difficult decisions and you have survived to keep going.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself... Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And
    outlive the bastards."
    Lois McMaster Bujold

Ignore the emotional mob, the faithful remain and will gladly endure any crash or bug in 247 if it will help get Pantheon to be built.

On a personal note, I have been told I was a fool, I was told I would fail at my goals, that I would be ruined. They were all wrong, I succeeded, and it's a ******* fantastic feeling. Maintain your forward momentum.

*He did not 'suggest' he demanded and hurled insults at anyone who disagreed with him.
    This post was edited by
    StoneFish at October 30, 2023 2:46 PM PDT
    • VR Staff
    • 530 posts
    October 30, 2023 5:18 PM PDT

Appreciated. Thank you. <3

• 752 posts
    October 31, 2023 9:46 AM PDT

/cheer

247 Looks like a heckofa start for a PVP version. Keep on truckin

• 560 posts
    October 31, 2023 11:09 PM PDT
    Thanks StoneFish for a much needed post.

To VR team, you have never had it easy and yet you are still here building Pantheon. You have proven yourself dedicated to the cause and I have faith in you all.

Thank you!
    • 40 posts
    November 8, 2023 2:33 PM PST

10 years.

• 727 posts
    November 8, 2023 4:00 PM PST
    Atarius said:

10 years.

I would like to reiterate a past proclamation I made. I would gladly pay 50$+ a month for a dedicated server, preferably RP type.
    • 40 posts
    November 8, 2023 8:47 PM PST

StoneFish said:
    Atarius said:

10 years.

I would like to reiterate a past proclamation I made. I would gladly pay 50$+ a month for a dedicated server, preferably RP type.

One could setup 50 dollar a month donations and RP that the game is finished and you're playing it.

• 727 posts
    November 9, 2023 5:15 AM PST
    Atarius is providing an excellent example of behavior to be avoided. They began by feeling something was missing from a post about perseverance in the face of adversity and criticism plus an encouraging hopeful message to keep working at the tasks and goal before the team. They didn't have anything productive to add or contribute. They just didn't like hope or optimism, they wanted to harm the positive and encouraging nature of others. A snide and petty shout that is intended to drag down and ridicule others. This example supports the post's point to perfection, but in a way to highlight the need for perspective.
    Irregardless of the money given to the project the average user has near zero insight into the complexity and challenges faced by the people doing all of the work. The average user/pledge member can mostly be ignored. They are too often not giving their opinion to assist/help/contribute but rather to appease some self-centered emotional wounds. They are emotionally compromised by a combination of powerlessness and anonymous disconnect. This type of example is very common on the Internet today, and should further the argument that the VR staff should ignore the majority of negative comments found in the forums and elsewhere.
    Again a larger monetary gate for some servers would be justified by many users so as to help avoid certain personalities. I want to see this game complete and to see it become a huge success, I see no logical reason to be role-playing the part of a petulant child throwing tantrums, it doesn't help anyone, not even the ones throwing.
    This post was edited by StoneFish at November 9, 2023 6:59 AM PST
    • 40 posts
    November 9, 2023 8:42 AM PST

StoneFish said: Atarius is providing an excellent example of behavior to be avoided. They began by feeling something was missing from a post about perseverance in the face of adversity and criticism plus an encouraging hopeful message to keep working at the tasks and goal before the team. They didn't have anything productive to add or contribute. They just didn't like hope or optimism, they wanted to harm the positive and encouraging nature of others. A snide and petty shout that is intended to drag down and ridicule others. This example supports the post's point to perfection, but in a way to highlight the need for perspective. Irregardless of the money given to the project the average user has near zero insight into the complexity and challenges faced by the people doing all of the work. The average user/pledge member can mostly be ignored. They are too often not giving their opinion to assist/help/contribute but rather to appease some self-centered emotional wounds. They are emotionally compromised by a combination of powerlessness and anonymous disconnect. This type of example is very common on the Internet today, and should further the argument that the VR staff should ignore the majority of negative comments found in the forums and elsewhere. Again a larger monetary gate for some servers would be justified by many users so as to help avoid certain personalities. I want to see this game complete and to see it become a huge success, I see no logical reason to be role-playing the part of a petulant child throwing tantrums, it doesn't help anyone, not even the ones throwing.

Armchair phycologist, nice. 

"irregardless" your endless optimism for something that is tanking hard is equally powerlessness and disconnect. You're furthering good money after bad at this point. But please continue.

• 727 posts
    November 9, 2023 12:03 PM PST
    I love you man, I love almost everyone. I don't have to respect your instincts to fart on a crowded elevator and then act like you contributed a positive interaction with others. You didn't do anything of value, you just wanted to irritate other people. Correct? Well you succeeded, and you can now go away proud and content.
    But you don't, you stay and linger, like the fart. So, another example of why your instincts and opinions can be valued less than the average, your instincts stink.
    Your best actions going forward all include self reflection and learning. We don't know each other, but I hope you get help.
    • 40 posts
    November 9, 2023 12:36 PM PST

StoneFish said: I love you man, I love almost everyone. I don't have to respect your instincts to fart on a crowded elevator and then act like you contributed a positive interaction with others. You didn't do anything of value, you just wanted to irritate other people. Correct? Well you succeeded, and you can now go away proud and content. But you don't, you stay and linger, like the fart. So, another example of why your instincts and opinions can be valued less than the average, your instincts stink. Your best actions going forward all include self reflection and learning. We don't know each other, but I hope you get help.

Condescension? nice, please continue.

• 2052 posts
    November 9, 2023 12:40 PM PST

This thread has run its course and will now be closed.