Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

We can have more fun here

• 727 posts
    October 27, 2023 2:33 PM PDT
    I threw together some quotes on issues that seem to pop up on the forums. The desire, a seemingly inescapable one, to dissect the complexity of something we have very little knowledge about and to predict some salvation upon half structured suggestions is tiresome for me. So maybe some words of dead people will help, none of them knew what an MMO is. My 2 cents is under the authors.

Patience is not simply the ability to wait - it's how we behave while we're waiting.
    Joyce Meyer
    Don't be rude in your want for the thing someone else has yet to create.

Rioting is a childish way of trying to be a man, but it takes time to rise out of the hell of hatred and frustration and accept that to be a man you don't have to riot.
    Abraham Maslow
    Cool your jets, good things take time.

Children have never been very good at listening to their elders, but they have never failed to imitate them.
    James Baldwin
    Hi there.

Humility is no substitute for a good personality.
    Fran Lebowitz
    You love me, admit it. /wink

Manners are the lubricating oil of an organization. It is a law of nature that two moving bodies in contact with each other create friction. This is as true for human beings as it is for inanimate objects.
    Peter Drucker
    VR has shown a diligent and kind manner when communicating with us, we should return the gesture.

Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort.
    Franklin D. Roosevelt
    I hope the VR staff find joy in their efforts at creating a world of adventures for us all.

Laughter is the closest distance between two people.
    Victor Borge
    Look for fun and humor more often than not when interacting with the folk here in a public forum.

I can live for two months on a good compliment.
    Mark Twain
    You are all the best looking anonymous forum members I have ever known.
    • 2053 posts
    October 27, 2023 5:05 PM PDT

Thank you!

• 902 posts
    October 28, 2023 10:15 AM PDT
    "God knows how many things a man misses by becoming smug and assuming that matters will take their own course."
    This post was edited by chenzeme at October 28, 2023 10:17 AM PDT
    • 727 posts
    October 30, 2023 4:11 AM PDT
    chenzeme said:
    "God knows how many things a man misses by becoming smug and assuming that matters will take their own course."

“Man would not be man if his dreams did not exceed his grasp…”

Good advice chenzeme, I see a flood of assumptions proclaiming death of Pantheon, or second guessing decisions by staff and some self righteous claims of being owed things. Any experience in large projects would temper such criticism. To boil away all the minutiae and emotions is to leave just the fact of the relationship between the supporters and the development team, trust. Trust is the heart of most relationships, and they haven't done anything to violate a trust I can see. They have been very cautious about what they have stated and promised, to assume some grievous error or malicious scam is truly to be smug and assuming.
    • 80 posts
    October 30, 2023 10:13 AM PDT
    “The human understanding when it has once adopted an opinion draws all things else to support and agree with it. And though there be a greater number and weight of instances to be found on the other side, yet these it either neglects or despises, or else by some distinction sets aside or rejects.” -Francis Bacon

“Man is a rational animal - so at least I have been told. Throughout a long life, I have looked diligently for evidence in favor of this statement, but so far I have not had the good fortune to come across it.” -Bertrand Russell

"The easiest person to deceive is one's self." -Edward Bulwer Lytton

"The true hypocrite is the one who ceases to perceive his deception, the one who lies with sincerity." -Andre Gide

"All that glitters is not gold." -William Shakespeare
    • 727 posts
    October 30, 2023 1:33 PM PDT
    Oh RedGang,
    • 902 posts
    November 3, 2023 12:24 PM PDT
    All that glisters...
    Often misquoted; gold glisters, it doesn't glitter. But now I am being very pedantic!
    • 80 posts
    November 3, 2023 12:57 PM PDT
    Hey you're right!

It doesn't surprise me I would make this mistake. I thought the expression was "mine as well" for 20+ years.