Forums » News and Announcements

Community Spotlight - Finn, the Dissenting Voice

• VR Staff
    • 529 posts
    August 10, 2023 11:35 AM PDT

The Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen community is full of voices, both encouraging and criticizing. It is important to us that we hear our fans, particularly those who have supported us as intensely as our members have. One such member occasionally takes the team to task on development decisions, but we are here for it! Get to know Finn in our latest Community Spotlight, a voice of the people who refuses to pull punches.

I am a huge MMORPG fan. I grew up in a Sci-Fi family – Star Trek, Star Wars, D&D, Magic the Gathering, Might & Magic, Ultima, Tolkien, Dragonlance…all the classics. When Ultima Online first launched, we were all just floored by the concept and design. Being able to share a persistent virtual world with hundreds/thousands of other people was mind-blowing. Then came Everquest. The amazement grew, and I was hooked.

• 11 posts
    August 18, 2023 7:20 PM PDT

I'm with Finn, something that has been lost on EQ is the world that must be explored rather than spoon fed.  I'm looking for an MMO that isn't fully predefined before it is playable.  I want to be forced to explore rather than having the whole world mapped and provided before I even have a chance to discover the new things for myself. 

• 44 posts
    September 27, 2023 5:33 PM PDT

Well said Finn, not sure what your exact views of the mechanics of the game are.  But what you said in this article is very true and I agree with it.