Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Be aware totk

• 727 posts
    May 10, 2023 9:50 AM PDT

Next week may have a slower than normal info stream from VR.  Everyone wants to play Tears of the Kingdom and the VR staff is surely made up of many fans of saving Hyrule.   Enjoy and have fun everyone, try to avoid putting you horsey in danger.    

• 252 posts
    May 11, 2023 11:45 AM PDT

Next week will be quiet, but the week after that we will get all the new feature announcements for Pantheon. lol

• 727 posts
    May 14, 2023 7:34 AM PDT

OMG.  It is so fun.  

• 2052 posts
    May 16, 2023 4:47 PM PDT

StoneFish said: OMG.  It is so fun. 

Typical Halfling! Dangle something shiny in front of him, and he's in love :)

• 727 posts
    June 11, 2023 10:23 AM PDT

Salutations, 

So the Zelda game is very shiney and has monopolized my attention for the past few weeks, for I am a silly Halfling and if you toss a trinket down a dark cave full of dangerous monsters and I go chasing after it irregardless of the perils, some of the blame for the possible adverse repercussions will be on you.   

Some of the things I love about TOTK I hope 5o see in pantheon.  Climbing is reliable, you can stand right on the edge of things and the "slipping" when you are right on the very edge of loosing your grip is slow and clearly manageable.  The lighting in the Depths is perfect, the casual use of line-of-sight shadowing, basically non existent, allows the player to avoid constant calculations of where the source should be, it's just a "I need some illumination over there so I'll fire a light source in that general direction." Perfect.   Those two things are quality of game play mechanisms that I hope to see , but no worries if not.