Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

For those not in Pre-Apha

• 902 posts
    December 6, 2022 6:46 AM PST

Could we get an official statement on how VR thought the weekend's PA session went? Just so we can either get excited for Cohh or supress our disappointment and get ready to wait a whiles longer, please?

• 3852 posts
    December 6, 2022 7:37 AM PST

For those not in pre-alpha I think it is get ready to wait a while longer regardless.

As I recall they have said that a highly successful session meant that there would be more frequent pre-alphas coming up. A less successful session meant that there would not be. No scenario envisioned that this session would end pre-alpha or even be close to the end of pre-alpha. No scenario envisioned that there would not be a fairly long interregnum after pre-alpha before the release of alpha. Which VR has said they want to be as good as a typical public *beta* so it will surely not be coming very soon after pre-alpha.

This post was edited by dorotea at December 6, 2022 7:39 AM PST
    • 252 posts
    December 6, 2022 8:29 AM PST

I'm pretty sure the OP just meant "wait a while longer for the Cohh stream" not "wait a while longer for alpha/beta". I agree, I've been back to the forums every day waiting for news on the stream. It always feels surprisingly quite after a PA session. It probably isn't any more quiet than usual, I'm just hungrier for info.

This post was edited by Ruinar at December 6, 2022 8:30 AM PST
    • VR Staff
    • 531 posts
    December 6, 2022 8:49 AM PST

We will share as soon as we know. Thanks guys for being patient, we know how anticipated the stream is.

• 3852 posts
    December 7, 2022 7:11 AM PST

"I'm pretty sure the OP just meant "wait a while longer for the Cohh stream" not "wait a while longer for alpha/beta"

That makes a lot more sense than my over-hasty reading of it.

• VR Staff
    • 531 posts
    December 7, 2022 10:49 AM PST

Currently, the CohhCarnage stream is a go for Saturday.

• 2063 posts
    December 7, 2022 2:20 PM PST

Savanja said: Currently, the CohhCarnage stream is a go for Saturday.

Thank You!!!

A live pre-Alpha gamestream! OH BOY! Oh Boy! oh boy! oh boy! oh boy! oh boy! oh boy! oh boy!........

• 342 posts
    December 7, 2022 3:47 PM PST

I'm soooooo TIRED of these non-answers!  The CohhCarnage stream is a go for Saturday?  Really?  What is that supposed to mean!?  Going where?  Is the Cohh stream going away?  Is Cohh just going to be playing a game of GO on Saturday?  And what Saturday?  The sixth Saturday of Marchember 2075?  Is he going to be playing GO on top of someone named Saturday?  I hate it when VR doesn't give us ANY INFORMATION!!!!!!!

• 2756 posts
    December 7, 2022 5:02 PM PST

Benonai said:

I'm soooooo TIRED of these non-answers!  The CohhCarnage stream is a go for Saturday?  Really?  What is that supposed to mean!?  Going where?  Is the Cohh stream going away?  Is Cohh just going to be playing a game of GO on Saturday?  And what Saturday?  The sixth Saturday of Marchember 2075?  Is he going to be playing GO on top of someone named Saturday?  I hate it when VR doesn't give us ANY INFORMATION!!!!!!!

What? Is this satirical? I'll assume you're serious...

Perhaps you're not familiar with the phrase, but I thought it was pretty common knowledge that if something is "a go" it means the conditions for it going ahead have been met. It is going to happen. It is on. It is assured. It is confirmed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go/no_go

Also, usually, when people say "for Saturday" and don't specify, you can be pretty sure it will be the next Saturday. People don't say "Hey, what are you doing on Saturday?" unless they mean this Saturday coming.

This post was edited by disposalist at December 7, 2022 5:11 PM PST
    • 902 posts
    December 8, 2022 5:44 AM PST

Marvellous!

• 219 posts
    December 8, 2022 6:31 AM PST

disposalist said:

Benonai said:

Perhaps you're not familiar with the phrase, but I thought it was pretty common knowledge that if something is "a go" it means the conditions for it going ahead have been met. It is going to happen. It is on. It is assured. It is confirmed.

Also, usually, when people say "for Saturday" and don't specify, you can be pretty sure it will be the next Saturday. People don't say "Hey, what are you doing on Saturday?" unless they mean this Saturday coming.

Wow. I forgot these forums were a thing lol. I am so locked into the discord at this point. And to come back to read a few things after not checking in forever to be greeted by this post lol. Thank you Dispo for your well rounded reply! Good to see we have good folks with level heads responding and chatting still.

Pyde

This post was edited by Pyde at December 8, 2022 6:31 AM PST
    • 2138 posts
    December 8, 2022 10:56 AM PST

As I understand it, what makes this Cohh stream- for lack of a better euphamism- cool is: This is not a vetted stream. Previously, the devs would decide on a spot, generally plan out a course of action, run through it once- check for time and see if they got all the things Joppa or others wanted to showcase and if they didn't run it again to try to fit those things in, and then- broadcast for the stream.

So Cohh's stream will be like...A typical Cohh stream (for the most part). He logs in, and...plays. No determined points of interest, no abilities or developed things to show off or highlight, Just Cohh and his years of streaming and gameplaying metier. 

Did you see the Movie "Contact" the one with Jodie Foster? you should. She has a line she repeats alot at one crucial point in that film, its almost a universal (<-no pun intended) meme.

Personally, what I thought made even the older streams great and I dont think I am alone in this, were the random actions taken-within the pre-decided streaming framework- that the dev players took, for instance: Aradune overpulling a train of orcs, Aradune with quest artist Jim Lee getting stuck behind the door. Kilsin jumping off the Tower of Reckless magician. Roanik deciding to take a look at the named in the first look at atmospheres and the wiped, but while they were at their spawn point.....the named followed them all the way back and killed them again!. Ben saying- no we werent supposed to go that way- in Blackrose keep and Roanik apologizing but they pressed on and tried, miserably. Seeing the gnomes- which we had not yet seen as an official class/race reveal- jumping their "hello!" -on an upper rampart while the dev team was underneath and proceeding as "planned".

• 2756 posts
    December 8, 2022 12:50 PM PST

Manouk said:

Did you see the Movie "Contact" the one with Jodie Foster? you should. She has a line she repeats alot at one crucial point in that film, its almost a universal (<-no pun intended) meme.

"Good to go-o-o-o-oh. Go-o-o-od to go-o-o-oh!..."

• 252 posts
    December 9, 2022 8:02 AM PST

Manouk said:

Personally, what I thought made even the older streams great and I dont think I am alone in this, were the random actions taken-within the pre-decided streaming framework- that the dev players took, for instance: Aradune overpulling a train of orcs, Aradune with quest artist Jim Lee getting stuck behind the door. Kilsin jumping off the Tower of Reckless magician. Roanik deciding to take a look at the named in the first look at atmospheres and the wiped, but while they were at their spawn point.....the named followed them all the way back and killed them again!. Ben saying- no we werent supposed to go that way- in Blackrose keep and Roanik apologizing but they pressed on and tried, miserably. Seeing the gnomes- which we had not yet seen as an official class/race reveal- jumping their "hello!" -on an upper rampart while the dev team was underneath and proceeding as "planned".

One of my all time favorite moments was from 2019 December dev stream Saicred was talking to Roenick and said something like "I was just hoping to come up here and watch you fall and then try and figure out how to get back up". Not 1 minute later Roenick fell, unintentionally, and had to run around to get back up. Around the 5:30 mark. Great way to open the stream.

• 316 posts
    December 9, 2022 11:11 PM PST

Pyde said:

disposalist said:

Benonai said:

Wow. I forgot these forums were a thing lol. I am so locked into the discord at this point. And to come back to read a few things after not checking in forever to be greeted by this post lol. Thank you Dispo for your well rounded reply! Good to see we have good folks with level heads responding and chatting still.

Pyde

Holy sweet bajongus, do you guys seriously not see how Benonai was joking? Unless... I'm not detecting Pyde's sarcasm....? No way. 

• 2756 posts
    December 12, 2022 1:30 PM PST

Alexander said:

Holy sweet bajongus, do you guys seriously not see how Benonai was joking? Unless... I'm not detecting Pyde's sarcasm....? No way. 

I have seen much sillier stuff said earnestly hehe

• 4 posts
    December 13, 2022 7:51 AM PST

Test

• 316 posts
    December 14, 2022 2:20 AM PST

disposalist said:

Alexander said:

I have seen much sillier stuff said earnestly hehe

Haha, fair.

• 2756 posts
    December 14, 2022 7:09 AM PST

Thaylin said:

Test

Did we pass?

• 888 posts
    December 14, 2022 8:53 AM PST

disposalist said:

Thaylin said:

Test

Did we pass?

We haven't opened the box yet, so yes and no.

• 144 posts
    December 14, 2022 11:11 PM PST

Counterfleche said:

disposalist said:

Thaylin said:

Test

Did we pass?

We haven't opened the box yet, so yes and no.

Don't you dare bring cute little kitties to this forum... dead or alive... there are enough of those on TikTok...