Forums » News and Announcements

Fragments of Terminus - Level 10 Milestones - Monk

• 30 posts
    May 24, 2022 6:02 AM PDT

In this release of Fragments of Terminus, we highlight a section of our May newsletter in which we discussed level 10 being a class milestone. This meant getting abilities that start to build on a class' unique identity. In this fragment we highlight the monk in general. Do you like this approach, and are you excited to learn of your favorite class' milestone at level 10?

https://youtu.be/45QfY-rN-sg

This post was edited by MinusVR at May 24, 2022 6:09 AM PDT
    • 74 posts
    May 24, 2022 8:32 AM PDT

Milestones feel good, to put it simply. Throwing too much too soon feels overwhelming, but having discrete milestones feels really good in most games. You can feel the progress when you hit those humps. The only worry is that a class won't fully "come online" until late enough that they won't be able to perform certain roles for a while. As an example, I played Lost Ark for a little bit after a friend invited me, and I saw Bard so obviously had to choose the class. I was under the impression that it was a healer, but the healing doesn't really come online until WAY later in the game, near max level after having to do all sorts of weird customizations.

• 2052 posts
    May 24, 2022 9:58 AM PDT

I was glad to learn about this progression when it was first described in the Early Wizard experience, and happier still to see it confirmed as a general structure for all Classes in this Monk reveal. As someone intending to level a half-dozen or more Classes, it gives me a better perspective to view the progress of my characters and a real help in planning their growth.

• 326 posts
    May 24, 2022 5:14 PM PDT

As long as gathering/crafting, climbing, swimming and perception pings are available at the word GO!, that should help with the less than thrilling one spell rat killing...

• 223 posts
    May 24, 2022 9:41 PM PDT

In case it has already been mentioned elsewhere, apologies; in terms of milestones, should entering and exiting hell levels be considered a milestone. Will Pantheon have them?

• 1284 posts
    June 7, 2022 1:05 PM PDT

Lafael said:

In case it has already been mentioned elsewhere, apologies; in terms of milestones, should entering and exiting hell levels be considered a milestone. Will Pantheon have them?

Haha, I was actually thinking the same thing and then I saw you posted it.  Those were kind of a "right of passage" sort of thing.  But from everythign I've heard they were not intentional (just a mistake in coding).