Forums » News and Announcements

HOT OFF THE PRESS: March 2022 Newsletter is here!

• 9115 posts
    March 17, 2022 5:53 AM PDT

Jump right in and have a look at what the team has been up to this month: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/newsletter/_2022/march/#MMORPG#CommunityMatters#newsletter

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at March 17, 2022 5:55 AM PDT
    • 17 posts
    March 17, 2022 6:21 AM PDT

Love the Ultra High Def Montage linked in the news letter. The music in there is a nice touch. 

Pantheon is going to knock the socks off of anything else out there if you guys keep on this path.

Cant wait to play Pantheon in alpha.

Well done VR.

• 17 posts
    March 17, 2022 12:05 PM PDT

It's  been a while since I have posted on the forums, but I do have a question regarding the roadmap to alpha.  Is the newsletter saying that everything listed in the road map must be "complete" before ALPHA is ready?  I only see three items completed,  quite a few in progress and a whole lot that still need to be done.  

Thank you for the clarification in advance.

• 2053 posts
    March 17, 2022 1:07 PM PDT

The short answer is yes.

What isn't defined in the Roadmap to Alpha is the size & degree of difficulty of the various items on the list. The ones listed as complete are far and away bigger challenges than any of the others on that list.

Also, "complete" on the Roadmap doesn't mean as finished and complete as it will be on release, only as complete as necessary for the needs of Alpha testing.

• 80 posts
    March 17, 2022 1:13 PM PDT

I believe they mentioned two milestones that needed to be accomplished before any state of alpha can be implemented - the HDRP and Networking. They just finished HDRP and have begun working on the Networking phase. I suspect it should be the same format as the HDRP (which was broken down into segments with updates throughout the year). 

I have taken a look at other prominent MMO's in development on the market, it does not even seem they are serious about production or release. Pantheon is progressing well and compared to these other guys is significantly better in its development path.