Forums » News and Announcements

Miss Our Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen - HDRP Part II Stream?

• 9115 posts
    March 10, 2022 7:53 PM PST
    Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen - HDRP Part II

Join David, Tony, and Chris as they unveil the work being done with HDRP, including biome discussion, day and night fluid time, weather and more.

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at March 10, 2022 7:53 PM PST
    • 902 posts
    March 11, 2022 4:25 AM PST

This! Right here! Bring it on. Sooo Excited.

• 80 posts
    March 11, 2022 12:45 PM PST

The most incredible graphics I have ever seen in an mmorpg.

• 295 posts
    March 11, 2022 2:24 PM PST

Excellent stream. One of my favorites.

• 9115 posts
    March 11, 2022 4:03 PM PST

We're so glad you folks liked it, we've been so excited waiting to show it off! :)

• 258 posts
    March 11, 2022 4:50 PM PST

Of the little I was there for I enjoyed the stream! <):)

• 200 posts
    March 12, 2022 5:35 AM PST

Hey. :)

WoW! I like it! :)

Cheers

• 46 posts
    March 12, 2022 7:21 AM PST

That was so totally Awesome! The fog and the light from the lighting brings in the awesome immersion for a world.  

• 17 posts
    March 13, 2022 11:44 AM PDT

Such a great update, thank you! I can't remember the last time I looked forward to bad weather.

Makes me wonder what a wizard's fireball looks like at night and/or during a storm? :)

• 28 posts
    March 14, 2022 10:33 AM PDT

Great progreass and cannot wait to experience that immersive fealing.

• 5 posts
    March 15, 2022 7:29 AM PDT

Looking awesome!

• 75 posts
    March 15, 2022 4:45 PM PDT

Yah I did kind of a react video to this video on my lunch break today.

Mod Edit: Removed self-promotion.

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at March 15, 2022 8:39 PM PDT
    • 902 posts
    March 17, 2022 4:18 AM PDT

I loved the stream, and the following is in no way a criticism. There is so much to like and admire, but I do have some queries:

The opening rainy shot (very atmospheric btw) showed a torch that seemed unaffected by the down pour; will naked flames be affected by water (i.e. splutter and possible extinguish)? Will flames be affected by low oxygen environments? Will players look wet and will puddles be created in storms?

The rocks all seem very clean and pristine (almost clay like). Will there be a "dirty" pass on the rocks (etc.) or is this more likely for beta/release?

Even though there was some movement when players ran through bushes, it was (imo and certainly with with the larger bushes (8:25)) there was only a very small movement. it felt like a nudge rather than a stem swaying) Will you be adjusting this? I would imagine if you ran through the middle of a bush there would be more movement than if you grazed it.

Loved the delay between lightning strike and thunderclap. Will this be adjustable (i.e. the closer to the source, the less the delay until it is directly overhead and there is no delay)?

The tree density looked really good in the opening clips (3:37).

The trading(?) gazebos (5:24) look very identical, will they be given some individual characteristics?

There was a flying creature (bat?) at around 9:07 that was flapping but static; I take it this is just a place holder and will have a path? Bats that hover always look false to me.

The water at 9:53 looked to have a regular pattern however the shot at 10:04 looked spot on. Is there work still to do on the water surface? The shallow water at 10:18 looked great, but I would have expected the foliage to be different to the non-waterlogged plants?

14:06 - Will the night have shadows if the moon is out? Will equipment glint too?

Night-time looks great, clouds look awesome. I can imagine looking down a valley and seeing campfires dotted around in the distance. Loved the mist and fog (although there seems to be a small glitch with the reflections in the far-off water when foggy (around 20:42))? Just looked a little odd to me.

I loved that I totally missed the guard until the lightning struck at around 23:50 and I suddenly saw him. That bodes for lots of startled heart pounding moments when deep in the wilderness.

The darkening of the scene when the storm rolls in was really nice too (25:01). Will there be mobs that come out in specific storm types? Lightning bugs? Ice Daemons in snow storms and the like?

Im asking because Joppa said that these are final models and I am aware that every tweak in background graphics has a processing impact, just asking because I want the perfect game. :D

Day/night cycle looks great. Loved the dusk shadow movements! Night sky looks good, no obvious angles up there and it looks "deep". The golden torch lights against the city gateways are spot on too. So many beans dropped in there too (e.g. nice big sewers and caves). All in all loved it and it left me wanting sooo much more, but in a very good way.

This post was edited by chenzeme at March 17, 2022 4:24 AM PDT
    • 173 posts
    April 4, 2022 3:24 PM PDT

Loved the Intro! Hearing the sound of the rain and the environment in total blackness. Opening to a couple characters standing under a lamppost in the dead of night and then boom, lightning, giving us a quick view of the environment around us. I didn’t notice the character/npc, Are they good or bad?!, up the road until the second round of lightning. And then the powerful thunder… *ducking*

•    The graphics, in general, look wonderful.
    •    Enjoyed the improvement to the water system.
    •    Exciting day/night & weather systems.
    •    The night sky starting at 31:25… amazing.
    •    The lightning, thunder, and crickets… YES!
    •    Immersion, immersion, immersion!!